It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost plane in desert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Ghost plane in desert

www.ntnews.com.au

MYSTERY surrounds the discovery of what appears to be an aircraft sitting on the ground in the middle of nowhere in the Simpson Desert.

An Alice Springs man discovered the "plane" yesterday, which he estimates to be about 128km southeast of the outback town.

The man, who preferred not to be named, said he had been making a routine check of the region using internet-based satellite images available on Google Earth.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Found this on the front page of the local newspaper this morning. Apparently this plane was found in the desert just south east of alice springs on google earth.

While it isnt uncommon for a plane to be seen with google earth, the thing that seperates this one from the norm, is the lack of shadow and the lack of artefact. (explained in article)

www.ntnews.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
????????????

????????????

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Not only can the image be months old, it can be years old.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Simple. Go see it if is still there. I mean in person not by Google Earth. If someone flew a plane to the spot then and only then would it be known for sure. It could even be an old WWII plane uncovered by a sand storm. The longer time passes the more time for it to get buried by the sands. And it could just be a plane if flight. I say go see or just forget about it.

[edit on 1/29/2009 by fixer1967]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I personally think it's a plane in flight. The shadow may be several kilometres away, in an area that has possibly used a photograph from another day, hence it not being there.

If it was on the ground, I would suspect you would be able to see a bit of black shadow on a side of it too.

I don't really understand the artefact stuff though. I don't get why they would use several photographs for the one shot in the same area.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

While it isnt uncommon for a plane to be seen with google earth, the thing that seperates this one from the norm, is the lack of shadow and the lack of artefact. (explained in article)

If that makes it a ghost, here's another in a Chicago suburb.
42.062176°,-88.022718°

No shadow, no "doubling". It's "sitting on the ground" because there is no elevation data for it.

[edit on 1/29/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
It could even be an old WWII plane uncovered by a sand storm. The longer time passes the more time for it to get buried by the sands.

No a WWII aircraft it is not. This is a modern twin engined Jet. More than likely just a plane in flight.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Here's another in southern Californian parking lot.

42.062176°,-88.022718°

www.gearthhacks.com...

[edit on 1/29/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Cheers Phage,

Unless a drunk jet pilot has landed in a residential car park, then I think we can close this mystery

Good job

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That's an interesting picture for sure. But I don't see any way it could land (no runway or whatever). And if it was a crash I'd imagine it'd not look in such good shape...it's a mystery to me

new topics

top topics

join