It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea scraps political, military agreements with South

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

N Korea scraps political, military agreements with South

www.abc.net.au

North Korea says it is scrapping all political and military agreements with South Korea, accusing Seoul of pushing it to the brink of war.

The latest flare-up centres on a dispute over the sea border between the two countries.

A statement from North Korea's Committee for Peaceful Reunification says Pyongyang is tearing up an agreement on the sea border, as well as all other political and military accords.

It accuses the conservative government of South Korean President Lee Myung-bak of ignoring the agreements and pushing the communist state to the brink of war.

Earlier this month, North Korea's military threatened an "all-out confrontational posture" against the south, prompting Seoul to put its army on full alert.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I wonder what is going on with North Korea. Their leader just had a major stroke and they are doing everything to start a war or is this just another tactic from them to demand more in their negotiation regarding their nuclear arsenal. We better watch this very carefully as these two are on the brink of war and I strongly believe that if there is a war, North Korea will not hesitate to use Nuclear weapon

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

You are right there…we better watch this very closely. As you said North Korea will use their nuclear weapon…….. I wonder if this is the test for Obama which some here has been talking about…..

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This could be the first test for Obama as I believe that the US has an Agreement with South Korea to protect them in case of an attack from North Korea. If there is a war, this could get very messy as China can be dragged in to this as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I doubt they'd use nukes. If they did, it would be very unwise. They could likely destroy Seoul, but would reap massive retribution.

If the US didn't respond by nuking Pyongyang, at the very least, the entire DPRK would be carpet bombed into the stone age.

Basically if a full scale war break out in Korea and the North goes nuclear, there won't be much of Korea left to conquer.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

I agree with you but we don’t know how ill is their leader Kim and it could be a suicide war……..Kim might think that if he is dieing I may well take everyone with me. I wonder what the reaction of China will be in the even of war

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Both sides would lose great amounts of people. China would most likely not do anything until the dust settled and then move into the North. As most people know they need a buffer zone but at least it wont be as bad as living in the North right now. Funny that you never see any stories from the North about their hospitals or home for the aged. Most likely they don't have them there. They just kill them off as worthless and a burden to their society. Also where do the average North go shopping. You don't see any shops to buy clothes or shoes or grocery stores for food. You dont even see a place where the men or ladies get their hair done. Strange place the North is. Very strange.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Brothers

North Korea is a strange place indeed. I remember seeing a night time satellite photo of the Asian region and you could see that most of city lights from space in China, India, South Korea etc and the only dark area was North Korea. They are such a secretive nation; you really don’t know what is going on there.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
They are nuts. Nothing is happening and yet they are creating those ``crisis``... testing Obama or what?

They are definetly nuts... more so now than in the last 20 years.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

As you said they are Nuts......Now imagine a bunch of Nuts with Nuke.....Interesting combination isn't it?

top topics

join