It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian icon is really just another sleezy banker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hi there I made a blog about the Doug French fiasco. Basically what happened was this guy was definitely a major member of the Austrian School of Thought, and the Libertarian cummunity. He in fact won the Murray Rothbard Medal of Freedom, but in the end he was just another sleezy banker. I made this blog, because guys like this piss me off. He lied to his readers and mislead them for years, preaching about bubbles, and ethics in libertarianism.

dougfrenchsucks.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dougfrenchfansite

Look slike you have signed up just to ouste him?

Anyways I feel like this about the LIbertarian party. I vote for them every time. They may be corrupt but at this point my goal is much more to see a third party recognized that it is to support a certain person.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Anyways I feel like this about the LIbertarian party. I vote for them every time. They may be corrupt but at this point my goal is much more to see a third party recognized that it is to support a certain person.

LP's a failed brand. Pass it on and save someone you love the frustration. No one in the LP leadership is that serious about realizing their ideas, and they're all scumbags, IMHO.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SpencerJ

One man who supported a political party runs a scam and all of a sudden this represents all Libertarians?

Libertarianism is a SOCIAL AND POLITICAL STRUCTURE BELIEF BASED STRICTLY ON THE CONSTITUTION AND HAS NOTHING WHAT SO EVER TO SAY ON PERSONAL ETHICS.

In fact it is a principle of Libertarianism that Libertarians not interfere with another persons personal beliefs.

As corrupt as they may be.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

What you just said is a non sequitur. I wasn't directly addressing Mr. French's situation, but the state of the LP in general. What you took out of that is absent in what I actually said.

I'm merely opining my belief that the Libertarian Party is a failed brand. Does that automatically correlate in your mind that I think libertarianism is an invalid philosophy?

If so, then you'd be mistaken and should perhaps take reading comprehension over. I myself am a libertarian but I find the party aspect of it to be a waste of time, because of the nature that you so describe. As it stands, it is currently a useless vehicle for enacting its own members' philosophy.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If you don't like them don't vote for them. The Big 2 are much more stable I guess. Otherwise step back and let the rest of us vote as we choose, please.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Again, read closely. I never told you what to do. I specifically said that I was of the belief of a certain failed party that damages the freedom movement rather than helps it. Please, get your facts straight.

new topics

top topics

join