It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Mormonism Come From Hallucinogens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
Well "Golden Scrolls" sounds awefully like Golden Caps and those make you go koo koo clock if you eat enough. Plus being that drugs are responsible for 99% of the fraudulent society of so called "clean people" then yeah, i would defend that psychedelics are the cause of dellusional religions, like all of them save the asian scientific spiritual obserrvers/practicers.

Gold plates, not scrolls. Be careful of your sources.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Ever heard of Ephedra?

It was a Mormon discovery, at least in plant form, they found it in Utah I believe.

They call it Brigham Tea.

There are secrets inside the Mormon temple that only a few have witnessed, where there are secrets anything is possible.

Blood atonement anyone?

I won't disrespect a good an decent people here, but you have it completely wrong. There is nothing in the Temple that would fit into this in any way.

The ephedra plant was pure happenstance. The tea has a pleasant flavor and is not even as strong as coffee. They were unaware of the stimulant being in the tea. As I read through this thread I'm getting an education on how false theories gather speed.

The ephedra plant just happens to be a common wild plant in parts of Utah and the tea is very good by the way.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3krostatic
I live in central UT and my whole community is mormon. I know mormons in this area quite well and moral, yes. Honest, yes but not with themselves. They float rumors about those not part of the church and treat them less as if they have some grand purpose in life that makes them better than others who refuse to follow their fantasy.

You clearly have a personal bias based on a negative experience with a handful of people who happen to be Mormon.

You will find that behavior in every neighborhood almost anywhere.

The rumors you spread right now in this thread are different than them gossiping about you how???

I quit the church for other reasons. I never had any issue with the Mormons and was a member through adulthood. There is nothing bizarre going on with the Mormons and nothing any more odd than I have seen in the dozens of churches I've visited in my search since. They base their beliefs on the King James Bible which hardly makes them out of the norm. They are lied about by others and other churches at a level that far beyond reasonable simply because they are different. Just like the Bully at school picks on the kids who are different. Nearly everything in print about them is pure lies. I was absolutely shocked by the lies by so called religious and spiritual people in their books. For shame.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Mormons are a steady bunch, and have great family values. The pressure to perform tasks and raise a family may be too much for many families, and can cause them to leave the church.

Other than it being a false religion, it puts a lot of emphasis on the kids and their development. Usually you will find them as Eagle Scouts, honor students, athletes. I have personally seen this result in suicide in one of the kids.

I doubt that Joseph Smith, Jr. was involved in hallucinogens, any more than Mohammed. The religions are so similar, from beginning to end, and call upon a different god. In the case of Islam, the god Allah is Satan. That's proven on another thread. In the case of Mormons, the god is a different Jesus and is relegated to being the brother of Satan. Same-o, same-o.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Not a different God exactly. The difference is in whether you think of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit as a Trinity or a Triune Godhead.

In Mormonism the three are separate while in others they are all part of the same whole.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Of course you can make that judgment as you know nothing about me. Assumptions my friend, assumptions are what you are making about my mormon experience. I know because I live here and the fact that I am stating is not that they do drugs because I know they don't. I use to be mormon.

What I am stating is that my theory is hallucinogens were potentially the founding point of the mormon religion. It is very believable in my mind as many other offspring cults have started that way also and you might find the same with some in depth research. I have experienced hallucinogens back in the day and I could call it spiritual except for the fact I knew I was going to be hallucinating. Think about someone being lead not knowing they have taken a hallucinogen in a religious setting. An uneducated person would probably relate that to a spiritual experience as the text describes entheogens. This is my theory.

Your experience was obviously different with mormons and I in no way think they are "all" a bunch of awful people. I know and have mormon friends but it is usually the elderly stuck in their ways that lack the thinking skills to evaluate their religious beliefs without automatically pushing every theory out of sight. It shakes their foundation and the only way to have a concrete foundation is to see if it shakes or make it shake proof.

I appreciate your input.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Mormonism is a complete fraud. It started out as a fictional story called "Manuscript Found", written by a man named Solomon Spaulding in the years between 1809-1812. The book tells a story about a race of mound builders in North America that were decendants of the lost tribes of Israel. Joseph Smith plagiarized this book into the book of Mormon, then made a completely new religion out of it.

And then of course we have the Mountain Meadows Massacre. Frickin mormons.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by bronco73]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bronco73

Good Day bronco73,
Well, it is indeed noteworthy too see how ones own personal blinders can affect ones limited insight and sound judgment when it comes to the truth concerning the history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are wrong on so many unique levels that we may need an elevator just to get to the truth of the matter from the basement floor of your apparent deep seated predator type prejudicial demeanor.
Being an Active Elder, and taken into consideration The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints embodiment of kindness, our noted family values and service unto one and all, I don't want to become radical and force the issue of your negative and inept lack of knowledge and truth of the matter at hand.
Allow me the opportunity to show you the Way, the Truth, and the Light unto our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...
C.T.R., Elder1952

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Elder1952]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bronco73

Good Day bronco73,
Well, it is indeed noteworthy too see how ones own personal blinders can affect ones limited insight and sound judgment when it comes to the truth concerning the history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are wrong on so many unique levels that we may need an elevator just to get to the truth of the matter from the basement floor of your apparent deep seated predator type prejudicial demeanor.
Being an Active Elder, and taken into consideration The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints embodiment of kindness, our noted family values and service unto one and all, I don't want to become radical and force the issue of your negative and inept lack of knowledge and truth of the matter at hand.
Allow me the opportunity to show you the Way, the Truth, and the Light unto our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...
C.T.R., Elder1952

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Elder1952

ATTN: bronco73,
PLEASE NOTE: Regarding the 'Mountain Meadows Massacre' your lack of the truth and facts pertaining to this subject is indeed well noted. I do however request that you personally conduct a more insightful research into this particular topic. Please remove those blinders and open your mind to clearly see and accept the truth and facts accordingly!!! If you haven't the needed materials in reference to this dark moment. I can and will provide you with the appropriate research materials.
C.T.R., Elder1952

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Elder. You posted 3 replies to my post, yet not one of them had even a word of information to refute my claims. You tell me I'm wrong, yet don't tell me how I'm wrong, where I'm wrong, or why I'm wrong. If you are so proud of your phony religion, refute my claims.

Mountain Meadows Massacre
en.wikipedia.org...

Proof of the plagiarism
www.mormoncurtain.com...

Here, you can even buy Solomon Spauldings fictional book, the precurser to the book of mormon
www.lulu.com...

[edit on 2-2-2009 by bronco73]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
What, Did I scare you away Elder? You have that little faith in your religion that you avoid a confrontation rather than argue its merits?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I rest my case everybody. Mormonism is a complete fraud, started by a criminal plagiarist.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I love me some shamanic talk and talk about psychedelic drugs. I'm hoping to bump this interesting thread up and get some more replies. MMMMMMMNNNN maybe Mormons ban the use of these things because Joseph smith didn't want very many people having these drug induced hallucination. If Mormons took these kinds of drugs today it would be obvious Joseph smith was doing them to create this religion based of his hallucinations. What about other ancient religions. Mormonism is pretty new. What about the ancient shamans, Hindu. What about the bible are its stories based of drug induced hallucinations. Very interesting thread and star for you OP.
edit on 13-4-2011 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73
I rest my case everybody. Mormonism is a complete fraud, started by a criminal plagiarist.

IMO, organized religion in general is predatory. It preys on people's fears, insecurities and ignorance It's used to keep it's followers subjugated and ignorant, especially in 3rd world countries. It's criminal and is used as an excuse to incite violence and bloodshed. But in the end it's all about money.

Metallica's "Leper Messiah":
" Time for lust, time for lie
time to kiss your life goodbye
Send me money, send me green
Heaven you will meet
Make a contribution
and you'll get a better seat."

As far as Mormonism goes. I see it as almost cult-like. Plus i always thought it was fairly common knowledge that Joseph Smith was an alcoholic and a druggie. I first heard of that many years ago. My daughter converted when she got married. Had her wedding ceremony in a Temple, that i could not attend, since i'm a non-believer. But she's happy and it brings her comfort, that's what matters to me most.

To each their own, i say.
edit on 14-4-2011 by bg_socalif because: fat fingers on the keyboard!

(post by MormononMushrooms removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
All i know is when i discovered the golden scrolls. I was laughing my # off.

Lived next to a mormon family for years.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join