It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dead alien might hang around for a while

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Odd thought, but here goes.

It is accepted that other forms of life do not have to be carbon based, silicon/boron based life may be a possibility on other planets. Therefore, the greys may be silicon and not carbon based

Chew on this...if they are silicon based, then would they be extremely slow to decompose? Wouldn't it be all but impossible for a carbon based decomposer to break down something with a structure so unlike its own?

So couldn't there be dead aliens all around? They land, hit their head, get shot, etc. They just lie there, undecomposed, untouched by any of the decomposers that are so necessary to life.

Just a thought...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
Odd thought, but here goes.

It is accepted that other forms of life do not have to be carbon based, silicon/boron based life may be a possibility on other planets. Therefore, the greys may be silicon and not carbon based

Chew on this...if they are silicon based, then would they be extremely slow to decompose? Wouldn't it be all but impossible for a carbon based decomposer to break down something with a structure so unlike its own?

So couldn't there be dead aliens all around? They land, hit their head, get shot, etc. They just lie there, undecomposed, untouched by any of the decomposers that are so necessary to life.

Just a thought...

Everything is created from Energy, and Energy as far as I know can't be destroyed So definately in the case scenario that someone happened to kill an Alien, it would be most definately possible yes .. providing it had the same electrically charged life force as human beings, if the charge wasn't strong enough we may not notice. Or it may be that its automatically sucked into a Vortex Collective Being after death.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
yes they prolly do stay around a long time, but the guberment makes suits out of them with special powers, well maybe not suits but they do some sick dasteredly deed to them, prolly shootin weird chems an electros into em. Im Scurd!

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
hmm, very interesting. however, i don't know enough about biology to answer the question. but can't tiny microbes eat away at metals? they certainly aren't carbon based...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If its made of matter it will decay when exposed to earth's enviroment. We have microbs that eat everything. If you leave a silicon chip out long enough, eventualy even a pure silicon chip will be broken down.

Also silicon-based life is suposed to be BASED on silicon chains, not pure silicon.

Everything is created from Energy, and Energy as far as I know can't be destroyed So definately in the case scenario that someone happened to kill an Alien, it would be most definately possible

uh.... all known life on earth is made out of energy, yet it decays. Decay being the chemical/biological break down of something.

providing it had the same electrically charged life force as human beings

I assume this is metaphysical, spiritual, or supernatural? There is not scientific "electrically charged life force" in humans. Are you speaking of the electromagnetic features of the brain or other parts of humans? If so none of our natural electircity effects our decay.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
If its made of matter it will decay when exposed to earth's enviroment. We have microbs that eat everything. If you leave a silicon chip out long enough, eventualy even a pure silicon chip will be broken down.

Also silicon-based life is suposed to be BASED on silicon chains, not pure silicon.

Everything is created from Energy, and Energy as far as I know can't be destroyed So definately in the case scenario that someone happened to kill an Alien, it would be most definately possible

uh.... all known life on earth is made out of energy, yet it decays. Decay being the chemical/biological break down of something.

According to Einstein it doesnt.

www.totse.com...

Here are the current conservation laws that scientists hold dear:

CONSERVATION OF ELECTRIC CHARGE. Charge cannot be created or
destroyed.

CONSERVATION OF ENERGY AND MASS. Energy and mass cannot be created or
destroyed. According to Einstein [footnote 2], energy and mass are
the same thing, so these two once separate conservation laws are
merely reflections of each other (and in some cases, the separate
conservation laws would be wrong, because energy can change into mass
and vice versa). The conservation of mass alone is useful in tackling
chemical problems -- particularly equations. In all of chemistry,
only electrons are effected. You can't destroy protons, neutrons, or
electrons in chemistry, and so a chemical equation must be balanced on
both sides: they must have equal numbers of protons, neutrons, and
electrons.

All is according to law. Albert Einstein wisely said: �The world is made of energy fields that can crystallize as matter.� �Matter is simply energy at a slow rate of vibration.� �Our body is part of a Universal Body.� �The human mind is part of a Universal Intelligence that fills the cosmos.� �The mind can transform the laws of nature because humans are its co-creators.� �We are spiritual beings trying to be human.� �The illusion that we are separate from one another is an optical delusion of consciousness.� �God is the Force that holds the universe together.� �God speaks to man from the inside.� �The more I study physics, the more I am drawn to metaphysics.�

providing it had the same electrically charged life force as human beings

I assume this is metaphysical, spiritual, or supernatural? There is not scientific "electrically charged life force" in humans. Are you speaking of the electromagnetic features of the brain or other parts of humans? If so none of our natural electircity effects our decay.

I'm speaking of Mechanically Charged Energy as well as the possibility of the Spiritual aspects as well (as its said after we die, energy around us leaves an imprint behind which lasts something like 3 days, within our time space anyways. Who's to say it doesnt just move on to the next stage of our human evolvement?

�Humans are interacting subtle-energy systems; if these systems become unbalanced they result in negative conditions which manifest on physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual planes.� - Cousins.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Right, the silicon-based life is next on my list when I get back from my trip to Rome.

In short: Silicon-based life a nice science fiction story, but probably not a real possiblity. Si-Si-Si-Si-Si chains are very unstable and Si-O-Si-O-Si-O-Si chains don't have the required properties. Maybe metalic / mineral organisms are possible, but we wouldn't even recognize them, so strange would their properties seem to us.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
True, pure Silicon and Silicon/Oxygen chains would be unstable and unable to mimic the functions of life as currently accepted. However Silicon-Boron chains would be acceptable, and fairly stable I believe. All thats needed is a backbone for the structure

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ehh I'm guessin that the government has them buried in some train car out in the Navajo Desert somewhere anyways.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
i dont really feel like quoting...

now... your body (energy) is not destroyed when you die.. the energy is put to good use when you are decomposing in the lovely ground..

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
You would think they would turn into some sort of glass or something.

Talk about rigor-mortis!

DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Unless it would mummify, like the creature I found.

new topics

top topics

join