It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new school prayer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTC_savedmyLife

Allah to a Muslim is different than God to a Christian if I am not mistaken.

Jesus Christ is god to the Christian faith (is this totally correct?)

Muslims believe Jesus is only a prophet I believe.

EDIT: btw - what is a Christian Muslim? - or am i missing something?

[edit on 29-1-2009 by XTC_savedmyLife]

For one, you are seriously mistaken. Allah to the Christian Muslim is the same God as is to the Christian.

There is only 1 God..correct?

Jesus Christ is "The Son of God" to the Christian faith, as is to the Catholic faith, as is to the Christian Muslim faith.

Jesus WAS a prophet. He was the messenger of God's word. Thus that makes him the prophet of God.

A Christian Muslim is a person who believes in the Christian faith that also has the same belief structures of the Muslim faith.

Not all Muslims believe that they need to die or kill others to gain enlightenment. Know facts instead of the MSM Bush propeganda that any and all Muslims/Islams/Jews/Middle East peoples are evil and do not have faith in the one God.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Originally posted by XTC_savedmyLife

Allah to a Muslim is different than God to a Christian if I am not mistaken.

Jesus Christ is god to the Christian faith (is this totally correct?)

Muslims believe Jesus is only a prophet I believe.

EDIT: btw - what is a Christian Muslim? - or am i missing something?

[edit on 29-1-2009 by XTC_savedmyLife]

For one, you are seriously mistaken. Allah to the Christian Muslim is the same God as is to the Christian.

There is only 1 God..correct?

Jesus Christ is "The Son of God" to the Christian faith, as is to the Catholic faith, as is to the Christian Muslim faith.

Jesus WAS a prophet. He was the messenger of God's word. Thus that makes him the prophet of God.

A Christian Muslim is a person who believes in the Christian faith that also has the same belief structures of the Muslim faith.

Not all Muslims believe that they need to die or kill others to gain enlightenment. Know facts instead of the MSM Bush propeganda that any and all Muslims/Islams/Jews/Middle East peoples are evil and do not have faith in the one God.

Cheers!!!!

Where would a "christian muslim" go to worship.. a church or mosque?

This is a new "religion" for me

Mohammad is the prophet of god to muslims. jesus was just a prophet to muslims.. i believe these two statements are correct 100%

I dont believe that Muslims need to die or kill either to reach enlightenment. my dad is Muslim, I dont believe you were inferring this though

A "christian muslim" to me is like a quasi dyke vying for attention.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's not about respecting freedom of religion, it's about teaching nihilism. This article says it all:

www.newswithviews.com...
PUBLIC SCHOOLS - PAGAN RELIGION INDOCTRINATION CENTERS

excerps:

"Many public schools have become pagan religion indoctrination centers. These schools now teach children anti-Judeo-Christian beliefs and pagan religions, and try to mold children's minds through the latest techniques in behavioral psychology. .....

"She taught Jonathan to make his own medicine bag, a deer-skin pouch filled with special things, such as a red stone that symbolized his place on the medicine wheel astrology chart. This magic pouch would empower him in times of need, such as when taking tests. Jonathan wanted to show it to his parents, but his teacher said no. He didn't know why. ....

"What's wrong with these seemingly innocuous classes, aside from the issue of separation of religion and schools? The kids were having fun as they learned, so what could be wrong? Plenty. By teaching religious mysticism, public schools throughout the country are filling impressionable young minds with group think, multiculturalism, paganism, Earth worship, astrology, polytheism (belief in many gods), and pantheism (belief in spirit gods that exist in trees, rocks, and water). The God of Moses is out in our public schools, and Earth worship is in. ....

"....a small sample of the flood of spiritual sessions taking place in classrooms throughout the country:

1. Altered states of consciousness: Teaching students to alter their consciousness through centering exercises, guided imagery, and visualizations has become standard practice in self-esteem, multicultural, and arts programs.

2. Dreams and visions: After studying a pagan myth, students are often asked to imagine or visualize a dream or vision, then describe it in a journal or lesson assignment ....

6. Magic, spells, and sorcery: Many parents consider magic and spell-casting too bizarre and alien to pose a threat, yet gullible students from coast to coast are learning the ancient formulas and occult techniques.

7. Occult charms and symbols: Dreamcatchers, Zuni fetishes, crystals, and power signs like the quartered circle and Hindu mandala are only a few of the empowering charms and symbols fascinating students today. .....

9. Human sacrifice: Students are given lessons on death education with assignments like the Fallout Shelter. Other lessons advocate the cultural endorsement of abortion and euthanasia as a way to prepare the new generation to accept many new forms of human sacrifice, such as the notion of sacrificing oneself for the common good.

"Author Aldus Huxley wrote about new-think indoctrination in Brave New World, his frightening novel about a future totalitarian society. In his book, school authorities molded childrens minds so that as adults, they lost their ability to think critically or judge the policies of their leaders. "

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

School is indoctrinating children with all kinds of beliefs all the time, society is indoctrinating everyone with various beliefs. It is up to us to decide what it is we choose to believe and do. And trust me, the majority of U.S. public schools are not purposefully trying to convert children to paganism or satanism so relax, christianity is still number one in that race.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Separation of church and state isn't a law, per say. It comes from Jefferson's writings in 1802, long after the laws of this country were put down in writing. It has been referenced a number of times over the years by the Supreme Court but it's not a guaranteed freedom as we are taught in our brainwashing programs, er, schools.

Wiki

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
i found this both a little bit offensive and a lot sad. sad because this kid believes he's being stifled somehow from believing what he wants when all these others are not. i just don't see it and i question the amount and intensity of brainwashing and indoctrination that has gone on in this kid's life to leave him feeling this way...so put upon and ostracized and angst-ridden overly basically...nothing.

he's free to believe and worship as he pleases in this great country of ours. no one is stopping him from praying all day long in school. what he's not free to do is to force his beliefs and words onto others who may not feel the same way or believe. how can people not be able to discern this difference? that is what's saddest and most frightening of all.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
Separation of church and state isn't a law, per say. It comes from Jefferson's writings in 1802, long after the laws of this country were put down in writing. It has been referenced a number of times over the years by the Supreme Court but it's not a guaranteed freedom as we are taught in our brainwashing programs, er, schools.

Wiki

not sure what the point here is exactly. the Constitution also doesn't flat out say the phrases "right to privacy" or "right to a fair trial," and yet...

and from your same wiki article...

The first amendment to the US Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"...

and

Article Six of the United States Constitution provides that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States". Prior to the inclusion of the Bill of Rights, this was the only mention of religious freedom in the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yes it is sad to me too. What can you expect though, from a religion that teaches that if you don't believe you are doomed, and to please God you must try your best to convince everyone else to have the same fear based beliefs as you. By this religion, only by having a closed mind and disregard for anyone with conflicting views will you have everlasting life worshiping the one and only, true "God".

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yes it is sad to me too. What can you expect though, from a religion that teaches that if you don't believe you are doomed, and to please God you must try your best to convince everyone else to have the same fear based beliefs as you. By this religion, only by having a closed mind and disregard for anyone with conflicting views will you have everlasting life worshiping the one and only, true "God".

Is this really so different from society's philosophy? What I mean is, if you break the law you are punished accordingly. If you break school rules you are expelled. You are taught to "pledge your allegiance", if you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding (I had to throw in some pink floyd there it just begged to be said lol), do your chores or your grounded.

You are making the argument that Christianity teaches respect through fear, how does that differ from the rest of society?

If you choose not to believe in God I accept that and I do not hate you for it nor will I try to persuade you otherwise. I don't understand why non-Christians always look upon us with hatred and disdain. Most of us do not view you the same way. Whether or not you believe in God, if you needed help and I was capable of providing it, I would assist you. You could call me naive afterwords, make fun of me, or however you may choose to view me.

This is how I see it.

Let's say for the sake of argument that I am wrong and there is no God. What have I lost by trying to live an honorable life and helping as many people as I could in life? To me the worst thing that happens is I am remembered as a good man and at least will have died being loved. What is so wrong with that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join