It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Town -Built and Dedicated a Statue Today to Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
George W. Bush, now has a statue that was dedicated in his honor today. It is in the town of Tikrit. It was unveiled and had been specifically made just for him by a Baghdad artist. Tikrit was the hometown of Saddam Hussein.

I find it amazing - George W. Bush, got his first statue in Iraq - dedicated to him. I would have thought Iraq would have been the last place, he would have gotten a statue, but I was proved wrong.

I was also surprised, George W. Bush, got one SO FAST after leaving office, but it obviously had been being worked on, before he left office.

link to source:
www.dispatch.com...

I am inserting the picture of the statue specifically built and dedicated to George W. Bush.

I know, some of you have a sense of where I have stood regarding Bush, due to my postings (if you had read any of them, in threads), but I will have to admit - I am okay with him having his own statue in Iraq, due to him being the reason we are there.

So, I won't belabor the fact, the Iraq people, wanted to do something special for him.

Yes, that statue, is just for Bush,

BAGHDAD -- When an Iraqi journalist hurled his shoes at then-President George W. Bush last month at a Baghdad press conference, the attack spawned a flood of Web quips, political satire and street rallies across the Arab world.

Now, it's inspired a work of art.

A sofa-sized shoe statue was formally unveiled to the public today in Tikrit, the hometown of the former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

Baghdad-based artist Laith al-Amari described his fiberglass-and-copper work as a homage to the pride of the Iraqi people.

The statue also has inscribed a poem honoring Muntadhar al-Zeidi, the Iraqi journalist. Al-Zeidi was charged with assaulting a foreign leader, but the trial was postponed after his lawyer sought to reduce the charges.

Come on, did you "really" expect them to erect some "great" monument to Bush? And did you really "expect" ME to glorify some wonderful monument to him?

This is definitely aprapro. Love the statue.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well, at least he will die happy now. To be blunt, I'm confident that he honestly thought the American people would be building statues to him/of him when he first ran for president. He just strikes me as that kind of ego.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I am confident that Crawford Texas will have a statue one day for him there, though else where I am not sure.

That is why I was "shocked" that Iraq, already had one up, just for him and he is out of office for just over one week!

My "shock and surprise" turned to Glee, when I saw Bush's statue.

I would wager a bet, this will be about the only one Bush gets in Iraq, unless other artist are inspired by this one and build ones in their area.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm an idiot-- I didn't connect the picture of the shoe to what you were saying!
I was just to irked that he had a statue made for him, lol. I'm going to go to bed now, lol.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

wipes tears from eyes.

You had me going, questioningall, then I saw the statue.

I think if some American artists have their way, a Bush statue in Crawford might be a giant fiberglass and copper finger.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Because of GW Bush and the brave Americans who fought there, the Iraqi people have rights they have never known.

The very fact that an Iraqi could throw a shoe at his head of state and at a visiting head of state and not be executed on the spot is a testament to the freedoms now enjoyed by the Iraqis, not to mention the relatively minor charges lodged against the perpetrator and the extent to which the state has gone to insure his due process of law. The statue is a tribute to the same freedom.

Iraq has the opportunity to become a beacon of freedom in the Middle East and in the Muslim world.

The statue of that shoe is a testament to freedom and Iraq can thank GW Bush for that freedom.

You can lead a horse to water....

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

This is not a thread for thrashing Bush, but I will make one comment....yes, the Iraq's have him to thank, for millions being homeless, without electricity, water and untold hundred of thousands - possibly over a million of them being killed.

The fact a reporter threw a shoe at Bush, shows the desperation and frustration the people there feel.

He has been tortured and since it is not over yet, who knows - he may still yet be executed over it.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I was about to say they will need to hire a full time front end loader driver to clean up the shoes...

... and then I saw the statue!

Good on them!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Another Anti-Bush thread...
When will this ever end? The guy is not even president anymore.. I really wish the MSM or any media outlet would stop defecting from the real stories. Just remember ... when you see silly stories like this .. our country, our rights and our constitution are being raped and pillaged as you are enthralled to stories on 0% relevance.

I think that this thread is fail .. for a few reason.

All this Anti-Bush stuff .. and you are the same people who but Obama in office. You speak of unity, but show hate. You speak of non Bias, but show LOTS of bias.

Lets not forget that Bush was voted into Office twice. Obama, I will predict will not have a second term

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
You sure that isn't the shoe Bush shoved up Saddam.

It sure does look about the right size.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by GradyPhilpott

This is not a thread for thrashing Bush....

It isn't?

I caught the sarcasm of your first post, but the least you could do is try to be honest with yourself.

To the rest of us you're pretty transparent.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Not an anti-Bush thread?

Just like you claimed this thread wasn't either?

Please.

How anyone can honsetly believe that the people of Iraq would be better off still under the reign of Saddam boggles the mind.

Your blind hatred for Bush is clouding your common sense.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert

wipes tears from eyes.

You had me going, questioningall, then I saw the statue.

I think if some American artists have their way, a Bush statue in Crawford might be a giant fiberglass and copper finger.

LOL, I meant to have you going - hoping you were expecting some wonderful monument to him.... and then you would see the picture.

Glad it worked!

new topics

top topics

join