It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infrared UFO Photography? HOW?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have raed all kinds of articles to achieve infrared photographs of the sky to catch UFOs on lens.

However there is no one method i have found to be convinient in realising.

What i am actually looking for is to buy a new product to achieve the required results without having been tampered with.

At the end of the day i want something reliable to spend my money on.
Something that works and that can be bought by the average person-today.

ANY HELP?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

There are threads on here - you can use the search fuction up on the right there. You can also google that question.

From what I think I know, night vision goggles are the shiz, and they are pretty expensive. Zorgon has some, and managed to rig up a camera with the NVG, and got some amazing shots of what appear to be UFO or "stealth" arrowhead like craft.

From what I've read in the past about this stuff, it is an absolute way to catch UFOs that sit outside out natural sight range. Infra-red can work too, but not as well. Good luck and let us know how you gop, caus I can't get enough NV video.

wZn

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I got myself a Night Owl night vision scope. They actually do capture invisible infra red spectrum also, but the down side is they can't be used during the day.

There is an "Infra Red" button on mine, but what it does, is project an IR beam like a flashlight. Good for up to 100 metres or so. When you look through the NV, it has the same effect as a flashlight, but can't be seen with the naked eye. So, the NV itself (or mine at least) is capable of "seeing" the invisible IR spectrum (or part of it).

I keep looking to the stars, but nothing as of yet. I have a digital video camera that seems to work quite well when I put it up to the scope, and I never use the NV without my camera close by. Hopefully will get something soon.

[edit on 29/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
One thing to note is that the Infra Red spectrum has a visible and invisible part. The cheap IR goggles you can get simply filter out lower light frequencies, allowing you to see the visible IR spectrum (which you can already see) more clearly. If you buy an IR camera, make sure it will capture the invisible part of the spectrum also, and not just the visible part.

[edit on 29/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
you tube has some good video clips of the delta object viewed thru night vision, pretty cool if you ask me. gen 4 is the most expensive IR camera at about 6 to 7 thousand dollars, but gen 3 works quite well and you can get that one for 3 to 4 thousand dollars.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
you tube has some good video clips of the delta object viewed thru night vision, pretty cool if you ask me. gen 4 is the most expensive IR camera at about 6 to 7 thousand dollars, but gen 3 works quite well and you can get that one for 3 to 4 thousand dollars.

far too expensive dear jimmyx, at least for my pocket...

the highest i could afford is up to or propably less than 1500 €

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Any other
suggestions???????

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
What i want for this activity of UFO detection, is a computer sytem monitoring lab, that can real time see and mix together up 4 video feeds recording various bandwidth and frequency, to perhaps create more dimension to what we may be seeing. That would be my dream i guess. A space lab.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i would not mind setting up a "space lab" for some extra money but there seems no one to enlighten me on HOW????????????

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
According to Sereda's lecture, you won't be able to see them with infra-red. That is on the wrong side of visible light on the spectrum to look for something that would travel beyond light speed. He thinks we should be using camera's that can see slightly into the U-V to see the energy of higher density/dimensional/frequency matter.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
According to Sereda's lecture, you won't be able to see them with infra-red. That is on the wrong side of visible light on the spectrum to look for something that would travel beyond light speed. He thinks we should be using camera's that can see slightly into the U-V to see the energy of higher density/dimensional/frequency matter.

If what i was looking for travelled at light speed i would not be able to catch it any how.
I should also suggest that in that case i wouldn't be interested either.......

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I watched a video that went over this briefly. I have been going over it in my head for a while and I noticed in the videos that none of the objects moved in the documentary. They were just black blotches in the video. Could these cameras have been picking up very bright objects in the sky, say stars.. or planets that would not be visible to the naked eye?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
i most propably was just celestral objects being too bright.
You know, digital cameras show overexposed pixels as black..

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
GTG: Yes, I understand it would be difficult to see an object going that fast. I was trying to suggest that an intelligent object that would have the capabilities to travel the speed of light, or even closer to it than we can imagine, would have to eliminate mass in order to travel that fast. (Hawking states that it is impossible to travel the speed of light, because as you approach the speed of light, you also approach infinite mass)

So, if an extraterrestrial craft of higher intelligence has the capabilities to travel much faster than us, Sereda suggests that they would have to have figured out how to cancel out gravity, and subsequently mass. (Hutchison effect, Ed Leedskalnin) When they are no longer mass, then they would be able to travel as fast as light, and this might not damage biology as much as we may think. (DNA Phantom Effect)

If this is indeed the case of how things work, Sereda says that we must look to a higher frequency than visible light, such as UV, instead of a lower frequency(infra-red).

This does not necessarily mean that different things may be seen in the infra-red, such as black-ops craft running on hot fuel, or birds with warm bodies, or maybe even UFO's that are not in a higher frequency mode of transport.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
I have raed all kinds of articles to achieve infrared photographs of the sky to catch UFOs on lens.

However there is no one method i have found to be convinient in realising.

What i am actually looking for is to buy a new product to achieve the required results without having been tampered with.

At the end of the day i want something reliable to spend my money on.
Something that works and that can be bought by the average person-today.

ANY HELP?

A way of doing that very much on the cheap would be to buy a second hand film SLR camera and spend about $10 on fast infra-red film. Then another $20 or so having it developed at a decent lab (who may even scan it into 12 megapixel files - some labs offer this for a little more cost). Total cost, provided you got your second hand SLR with a lens, will be less than $120. For the very highest image quality:

www.adorama.com...

It will take a little bit of learning, but providing it's a relatively new SLR, with autofocus etc., you'll potentially have some exceptional pictures.

Most expert photo shops that deal with film (not chain stores - who are trained to sell you stuff) are happy to talk about this sort of thing - so it's worth checking out what they have to offer. They'll also show you how to use the camera if you ask nicely

Sometimes older technology = better.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

To be honest i will go out and get a second hand SLR of the most recent produced as well as the irFilm(if i manage to get that localy too).

I think that the money spent on this won t be a lot, neither a waste.

So thank you jackphotohobby!

However i am still interested mostly on how to get a new digital device that will work out of the box, within my budget.

Any wise experience, anyone?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Night Owl Optics IGen 20/20 2.6x Day/Night Vision Monocular w/Image Capture
www.bhphotovideo.com
see this topic here:
Hello folks.. Night vision is my thing

[edit on 9-2-2009 by ThInGS Ar3 NoT WHaT Th3y ]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Different parts of the infrared spectrum have significant unique properties. For a brief description of the different parts of the infrared spectrum and the technologies that capture them check this link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For technical answers to questions about building or modifying equipment go to:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The system I have running here uses several different instruments to record visible, near infrared, thermal infrared, and does waveform analysis on pulsing lights in the visible and near infrared bands:

new topics

top topics

join