It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OMG

I can only HOPE there is no validity to this story, and that it is nothing more than heresay....If not, then we are in bigger trouble than anyone could ever imagine, and all the folks who have said "after 4 years of Obama, you'll wish Bush was back" may actually be RIGHT.

In any case, this is something to keep a VERY close eye on.

>GULP<

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates is extremely frustrated with orders that the White House is contemplating. According to sources at the Pentagon, including all branches of the armed forces, the Obama Administration may break with a centuries-old tradition.

A spokesman for General James Cartwright, the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, states that the Obama Administration wants to have soldiers and officers pledge a loyalty oath directly to the office of the President, and no longer to the Constitution.

"The oath to the Constitution is as old as the document itself." the spokesman said, "At no time in American history, not even in the Civil War, did the oath change or the subject of the oath differ. It has always been to the Constitution."

Continued...

jumpinginpools.blogspot.com...

[edit on 29-1-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is a fake article. If this was really the case it would have been breaking news on foxnews first, then cnn, ect..

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

"At no time in American history, not even in the Civil War, did the oath change or the subject of the oath differ. It has always been to the Constitution."

Exactly, and it isn't about to change.

It states:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
Oath

What more is needed, the Constitution is first and foremost, it is what binds the country together, not the president who comes and goes.

The President also swears an oath involving the Constitution:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
Presidential

Is the president going to change his oath, and swear loyalty to the people?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Obama the messiah, school children worshipping Obama and now the military too?

Seems true to me.

[edit on 29/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble DD, but I am taking a sigh of relief. This isn't likely to be anything more than satire it seems.

Posted by Matthew Avitabile at 7:02 PM
Labels: Barack Obama, Constitution, Defense Department, Defense Secretary, military, oath, politics, President Obama, Robert Gates, satire

Labelled as satire by the author of the blog.

I am taking a sigh of relief for the moment since there would be tons of shtf if this took place.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Stupid Bloggers

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Since this was labeled as Satire by the author of the blog....why is it not in the humor section of BTS?

~Holly

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Okay...Breathing a sigh of relief. This appears to be non-substantial. But the author of that needs to have his butt kicked for nearly giving me a coronary.

Whew!

LOL

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I read the "article". At the bottom where it has the labels, the last one reads "satire". Not gonna belive this one till I hear from more sources.

PEACE

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Okay...Breathing a sigh of relief. This appears to be non-substantial. But the author of that needs to have his butt kicked for nearly giving me a coronary.

Yes, I will be next in line to give that blogger an A** whoopin'

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Nope, read the comments below the blog a little more carefully. People are saying that there is a "SATIRE" tag on the blog.........anyone could have put that there.

Also, there is a comment by the name of the author that says:

I will not comment on the veracity of the article but it was NOT cleared for publication. Take down this article immediately!

Looks very fishy too me. I think there was a leak of info and someone is trying to cover it up.

[edit on 1/29/09 by housegroove23]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by housegroove23

That's strange. If she is the author of the site, then how the heck did someone else put that up on her site, or am I missing something here?

BTW, good catch on the tags people! Good looking out!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Critical thinking...come on. How could you even think this was serious? Even for a second?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

Dude, use your critical thinking!

The worst is already happening, we have troops on our streets to take us and put us in camps when the rioting starts, and it will start soon. Go ahead and deny it, I dare you.

If there was any truth to that artical/blog all it would do is just be a big slap in the face.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by housegroove23

Dude, use your critical thinking!

The worst is already happening, we have troops on our streets to take us and put us in camps when the rioting starts, and it will start soon. Go ahead and deny it, I dare you.

If there was any truth to that artical/blog all it would do is just be a big slap in the face.

Are you kidding or not? I can't tell.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if all elected officals that take the oath of office took those words to heart?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Whew!

LOL

Not this time dude! You don't get a pass. I have followed your threads for a long long time. You knew what you were doing when you did it.
...and as I grit my teeth...if you did this by accident....start taking the time to attempt some due diligence before you race to grab the next Drudge Report thread topic before anyone else. "deny ignorance" don't post threads that feed into it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
reply to post by ADVISOR

Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if all elected officals that take the oath of office took those words to heart?

Not especially.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

So is it your belief that usurpation of the constitution is a good thing?
second line.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sometimes, yeah/ It's just a document, it's not a message from God or anything. Even Jefferson, a framer of the Constitution and one of its most ardent supporters and defenders, knew that when he totally ignored it and made the Louisiana Purchase. Rules need to be able to be broken, and if no head of state (or simply a politician) ever broke his oath and always defended the constitution, the nation would be worse off for it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join