It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun law update: Gun-ban list proposed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Slipping below the radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list, even under the Bush administration when they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress). It serves as a framework for the new list the Bradys plan to introduce shortly.

I have an outline of the Brady’s current plans and targets of opportunity, I’m working on getting that news out asap after these ban lists, probably be ready in the next few days. It’s horrific. They’re going after the courts, regulatory agencies, firearms dealers and statutes in an all out effort to restrict we the people. They’ve made little mention of criminals.

Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill of Rights is critical. Gun bans will impact our freedoms under search and seizure, due process, confiscated property, states rights, free speech, right to assemble and more, in addition to the Second Amendment. See what 250 of your peers thought during our recent Bill of Rights Day event at the Wrigley Mansion in Phoenix: www.gunlaws.com...

The Democrats current gun-ban-list proposal (final list will be worse):

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):

M1 Carbine, Sturm Ruger Mini-14, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, AR-10, Thompson 1927, Thompson M1;

AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR;

Olympic Arms PCR; AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU, Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, HK-PSG-1, Thompson 1927 Commando, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;

Saiga, SAR-8, SAR-4800, SKS with detachable magazine, SLG 95, SLR 95 or 96, Steyr AU, Tavor, Uzi, Galil and Uzi Sporter, Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle (Galatz).

Pistols (or copies or duplicates):

Calico M-110, MAC-10, MAC-11, or MPA3, Olympic Arms OA, TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10, Uzi.

Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):

Armscor 30 BG, SPAS 12 or LAW 12, Striker 12, Streetsweeper.

Source Link

George Mason: "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." (3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

Every single day I hear more and more about gun bans and ammo shortage in different stores around my area. A lot of people I know are buying ammo because of our new president. Personally I do not think we should go and buy ammo just because of Obama being elected.

I think we should buy ammo because of recent and upcoming events. Him being the president is part of it but not the only reason. Either way I have been quite concerned lately about purchasing weaponry. The only place around where I live that I can get SKS rounds are the pawn shops.
Walmart is out. Some of my friends are back ordered for 2 months now. It is all starting to look a little more serious. Even cheaper than dirt is sold out with a lot of items.

Also in the future ammo is likely to have a serial number printed on the casing so all ammo we buy will be chained with our personal information. I thought this was worth reading and just another cherry on the total control recipe being instigated by our wonderful caring government. I think we all need to keep a few things in mind such as so simply stated above and seriously get prepared before the storm hits. I am glad to have some weapons and find myself thinking, They can have my weapon when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

P.S. This is my first thread. I looked around and didn't find the exact same story. I have been wrong before so don't flame me too bad. I thought this would be of interest.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Maybe we should get the EndTime watchman on this? haha
Oh boy, this is scary.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Uhmm... aren't most of those guns they're talking about already illegal?

Streetsweepers? TEC-9's? Mac-11's? AK's?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The US is going to basically employ the same gun control regulations that we have here in Australia.

NO full automatics or semi automatic rifles or shotguns of any sort for any civilian unless they have a special permit where they need it for work or a farmer with a genuine need re: pest eradication.

We are only entitled to bolt action or pump action rifles with a maximum magazine capacity of 10 rounds.

We have to be liscenced firearm holders, and each purchase you make has to be checked by the firearm liscensing body.

Your very first purchase requires a "cooling of period" of one month before you can collect your firearm. This is ONLY for your very first firearm.

You have a criminal check done when you apply for a firearm liscense.

The firearms must be secured in a locked steel cabinet that is fixed either to the wall or the floor and is not removable.

Ammunition is required to be stored in a seperate locked container.

This is all basically to stop people making spur of the moment decision to get their guns and shoot that theymight make not having thought things through. Basically, its a stalling technique to give you the chance to reconsider your probably actions.

Does it bother me? ....NO,

but then again it dont stop the criminal possesing semi auto's and the like.

Law abiding gun owners dont complain because we dont misuse our weapons.

Just something to think about.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
every gun i have is on that list!

COME AND TAKE IT TRAITORS!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well this is just another attempt to grab our guns. I cannot stand how they portray these weapons to the general public. I just hope that like other bills that have already been snuffed out, this one also finds a circular file somewhere before its shown the light of day. The sad thing is that this is just the short list of what they are actually trying to get.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well, HR 1022 is or was a real bill. Can anyone shed some light on whether or not if bills are carried over from previous sessions of Congress or do they need to be resubmitted?
HR 1022

Edit to fix link and to add: Ironically named I might add as Ruger 10/22s would be just about all we could get ahold after this.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Uhmm... aren't most of those guns they're talking about already illegal?

Streetsweepers? TEC-9's? Mac-11's? AK's?

That is why this will pass eventually.

AK is just another semi-auto rifle, it's not a machine gun and I also think 'assault rifle' should be dropped from the lexicon as it means nothing concrete. Now I rant...gotta stop as I'll just get all steamed up. ;-)

oh ya, EDIT:
I refer to the AK's bought in the US...the legal kind

[edit on 1/29/09 by Bigfoot209th]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
These people who try to figure out every possible event actually haven't got the slightest clue in life.

.....Or do they?.....

Almost all crimes committed are done with illegal guns.Considering legal guns have a fingerprint(ballistics)... People wouldn't want to commit a crime for fear of losing their privelage of owning their guns (bessides the fact that they're law abiding citezens.

........So what's the hidden agenda behind this?............

I belive that the NSA and all other agencies who illegaly tap our phones and collect all our data realize all the chatter about citizens rebelling. So they think they can render us useless and control us. It started with the economy and now they want to take our line of defense before they implement their next phase.

Guess What?...........Take our legal guns that you can actually trace back to a leagl person and the citiizens start buying illegal guns. So now instead of semi autos, everyone buys fully autos and then they have a real problem.

So the question is.....are they actually that naive and blind.......or very bright, well informed and believe they know how it would unfold?

just remember, aim for the ones with uniforms and suits.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i think that passing a law that would ban those guns is laughable.

just my 2 cents.
in my neighborhood i know all my neighbors.
and they in turn know me. im well known for having a stockpile of arms. when the last hurricane hit our area and people were out stealing other peoples generators, our street was left untouched. all my neighbors in turn carry as i do.
we watch out for each other as neighbors should.

our neighborhood is probably one of the safest places in town.

and since this list has been released it would seem i have some shopping to do.
and so do my neighbors.

cheers and good luck to those who live unarmed.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yes. Most of the guns listed are illigal... IN MOST STATES, NOT ALL.

BUT, the most disturbing part of this bill is this tidbit right here

the U.S. Attorney General can add any semiautomatic rifle or shotgun.

And this

Any semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachible magazine

Those two facts right there are going to be the end of our second amendment rights ladies and gents.

If any one reading this cares to help save our rights to own firearms, its time to start calling congressmen and senators and leaving messages. I am afraid all of that is too late now though.... There will only be the few of us left who die with our guns in our OWN hands. Instead of the hands of the federal troops Obama sends in to take our weapons.

I won't totally de-rail this thread by getting into this here, but HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF RIGHT NOW. Obama and the American government are heading down the path of Mein Kampf. And those who have read this book know what i'm talking about. There are 2 steps to controlling the masses, the first one is registration. Ok, thats been done for years... every since Social security. The second step is to take the peoples rights to own guns away. How do you keep free people from acting free, take away their power. A free mans power is not only his voice, but his right to defend his voice. Our guns are our power. With out them we are nothing..... And for those of you who try to deny that fact i offer this as a pre-emptive response:

Who are you gonna listen to when the moment comes? The guy that screams at the top of his lungs amidst a crowd to be heard, or the guy that fires his gun in the air to shut every one up so he can be heard with out yelling.

Fight it all you want. Please, i totally understand the reasoning. I hope you understand when i tell you again though, with out guns we have no voice. They will walk all over us until we're in the grave, leaving our children to pick up the peices of a broken country with a shatttered constitution....

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Very good point made as with ballistics if someone with a legal firearm does commit a crime it can be traced back to them therefore pointing out the criminal. I think taking away our guns will ultimately create a state in which more people who shouldn't have them do and those who should have them won't. Either way I about went into a rant when I first read this. And even though it is only proposed I personally think it infringes on our rights. Meanwhile I will keep my guns and not satan himself can take them. I plan on buying much more ammo with what I can still find. This is one of the many steps to put us into their vice for world domination IMHO.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I don't take much stock in all these rumors about the US becoming the next Nazi Germany but I am prepared. And if the US Gov't is having problems in Iraq and Afghanistan against farmers that dropped out of the 5th grade just wait till they have to go up against a bunch of CalTech/MIT grads who majored in chemistry/chemical engineering.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
i agree with you lonemaverick, however if you notice things like iodine and other choice chemicals have already been taken off the shelf to make home made "lightning in a bottle" more difficult to manufacture. and the list of chemicals keeps getting longer for that as well, we just don't really hear too much about it when it happens.

the other thing to consider also is that the armed forces also ARE " we the people. "
i seriously doubt they'll be thrilled at the prospect of shooting friends and neighbors for the likes of the greedy we have in government.

another point of view id like to share is that this proposed bill isnt the problem.
the people who keep coming up with these idiotic ideas about inanimate objects leaping up from our storage areas and committing crimes are. i have personally never seen a weapon of any kind get up and walk down the road to rob someone. maybe im just naive or extremely blind.

what im saying is instead of continually fighting these idiotic bills, perhaps we should be fighting the source of them. attack the cause not the after effect. and get those damn people out of there by any and all means necessary within the legal rights of the law while the law as we know it still exists.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If the American public is so well armed, how come they are not free? So what's the point having assault rifles?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lonemaverick

Well said.

I myself like to believe that everything is going swimmingly too and that we aren't in the middle of some rediculous government scheme, but i can't deny history. And if there is one thing that we know about history, it's that man doesn't pay any g-d damned attention to history.

I'll make a brief comparison to aid my main point.

1812, Europe-- Napolean invades Russia and fails. He retreats due to the cold

1941. Europe-- Hitler invades the Soviet Union (Russia for you real thick ones). After him and his generals researched every one of Napoleon's battles, they fail... because its too damn cold.

Now the year is 2009. A whole new millenia, and just enough time for a few generations to pass by. The majority of people today don't know what it was like in 1935. They don't remember that Germany was down and out and in very much the same situation as we are right now. I hate to say it but if you put some of Obama's speaches in a side caption right next to Hitler, they would be a lot alike. (other than the blatant difference.... dorks) The body language, and vocal fluctuations would be similar. And what they talk about is definatley similar. Economic prosperity. Rebuilding society, working harder for a better America. Thats great. Almost exactly the same thing, just replace America with Deutschland.

Ever heard of a little nation to the south called Cuba? Cuba was in the pits. a 3rd world country basically. A pretty island in the Caribean. Castro gets put into power, by us, the United States, with promises of prosperity, and cleaning up the violent streets and re-building a new Cuba. What happened after they quelled the violence? He screwed his people royally, took sides with the Reds and we ended up with a missle crisis.

Bad things happen to people in situations like the USA is in right now. This gun bill is going to be the turning point of things going from bad, to really effing bad, like totally going the wrong direction bad.

Another interesting fact is that thanks to the Executive power former Pres Bush enacted Obama can pass this law and than declare a martial seizure of our weapons and have any unruly citizens (which of course there would be) bagged and on a train to nowhere land prison camp.

So to wrap up: I enjoy running around and pretending that everything is totally great right now. But things are really anything but.

My apologies to the OP and mods if this was slightly out of context from the original topic.... It is very much related though.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

they are not illegal , but you would need a class 3 NRA license to own them

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Agreed and very well put! I could start here and take this story all the way back to Rome and keep it in context branching from instance to instance and story to story as history is linked to the same continuous road on which we ride. Unfortunately that road only leads to one place....

[edit on 29-1-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Take action now.

Join an organization that supports the Second Amendment and get active.

Donate of your time and your money.

Write your legislators.

Proactively support the Second Amendment at every opportunity.

Take the time to explain to people why the Second Amendment is important.

Carry a copy of the Amendment with you at all times. Some organizations have available small wallet-sized pamphlets with important statistics that support the importance of the Second Amendment and the right of self-defense. Don't be shy about breaking one out when you encounter those who recite the old canards about evil guns.

Get active.

Do something.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I second what Grady said.

The NRA is the biggest dog in the fight, so join them.

Attend a "Friends of the NRA Banquet" and help the foundation grant money to shooting sports. Mainly this money will go to fund 4-H and FFA and other youth shooting sports and some for range development. We need the next generation shooting now!

Write letters to the editor, letters to your congresscritter ( don't call'em congresscritter to their face)

Write a letter to your radio station, to the TV station. Just figure it out in your area.

Roper

top topics

<<   2 >>

join