It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Square Foot Gardening for Hard Times and Survival

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hey Everyone!!! How's your Garden Growing?

Great Raised bed/table slightlyskeptical.
What did you get to grow?

Afaik ... that's not "weed", it's Bonaito or Sweet potato vine.

DesertDawg, think I answered your questions via u2, but this link might help you out.
Seed Starting

I've started tomatoes and peppers in peat pots, I've planted carrots, scallions and spinach directly into the square foot garden and will be starting seeds of oriental cukes, more tomatoes and peppers.

July and August are too hot for traditional summer garden plants in South Florida. I had one successful harvest of okra (but the four plants I had were not enough, next time I have plant more). The yard long beans are extremely prolific and I am still picking beans on a daily basis. Just a hand full is enough to make a meal. Peppers I had mixed success, ancho and marble peppers were abundant but my sweet banana and habanero suffered. I'll try to post updated pics of the garden soon, since fall gives us south floridians another chance to garden.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I love doing research, but since everyone here is so knowledgeable, could you guys post the places you buy your non-hybrid seeds from?

Thanks.

-G

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I assume that link was meant for me? Desertdreamer? or is there a desertdawg asking the same question...lol. Just want to be sure. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by brocket99

I got mine from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

lmao, sorry desertdreamer, it was meant for you and not some desertdawg

Non Hybrid seeds... I've used Burpee, HeirloomSeeds, RareSeeds and Territorial Seed Company

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

No problem, thanks for the link.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join