It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Attempts to Kill Teacher: Dressed like The Joker

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Student Attempts to Kill Teacher: Dressed like The Joker

fizzlechat.com

VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - South Vermillion High School was placed on lockdown Thursday afternoon.

Just before 2:00 p.m. police were called to the school after a student attempted to stab a teacher. Officials said the student brought a kitchen knife to school.

The student is in the custody of the Vermillion County Sheriff.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wthitv.com

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The headline of this topic will be changed pending verification of the "eyewitness" account of what happened. Should this story prove to be correctly interpreted by the source, however, i have nothing but shock and amazement as to the occurrence.

Seriously. Who does that? A serious mental illness or trauma outside of school, i suppose would be the best explanation, but stabbing a teacher is really quite an extreme act of desperation.

fizzlechat.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This school is about an hour away from my house! I've played them in football before!

This is very weird to hear, something like that happening at South Vermillion is the last thing I would expect to hear, and I do not know of any previous events like this occurring.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Man this is pretty mad news again.
Like you say, if this proves to be true.

The girl cut here cheeks like the joker in the batman movie and paints her face!?
A week ago a guy in belgium paints his face like the joker and stabs a load of babies in a daycare center!?

I realy hope that this does not turn into some freaky pattern.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
I realy hope that this does not turn into some freaky pattern.

I think the only freaky pattern here is that there are many incredibly influenceable people out there.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

If so, do you think you could ask around and see if you can turn anything up? Or at least update the thread when the evening news comes on? I have to leave for work soon and won't be back for about 5 hours or so. Personally, I hope it is quite untrue, but man this is a crazy world these days.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well, here is what I can find about it in their local news:

Link

CLINTON, Ind. (WTHI) - Police from Clinton and Vermillion County were called out to an incident that's a part of every parent's nightmare. Students in one class at South Vermillion High School described what happened as ten minutes of shear terror. One student tried to attack a teacher with what the school is calling a kitchen knife.

There is also this Link

[edit on 29/1/09 by wisefoolishness]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Looked at the girl's myspace (available in OP's link) and if you read through her "about me" she seems to have foreshadowed this event. I suppose she was right, people should have listened to what ever it is she's been trying to say.

Very sad.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Last week someone in Belgium painted his face a the joker and killed three people in en daycare (2 babies).

All newspapers point to the link between De Gelder and the Batman character The Joker. Not only did he paint his face white, his eyes black and colour his hair orange, but he chose the day actor Heath Ledger had been posthumously nominated for an Oscar to commit his crime. There is more. A day earlier, 22 January, was the first anniversary of Ledger's death. Gelder is an anagram for Ledger. The theories keep coming.

source

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well slightly differently my teacher once tried to stab me!

In juniour school I was probably about 8, she was a fat old bird and on break she was always eating cheese and crackers, for some reason she was waddling along the corridor with her very vicious looking cheese knife straight out about her belly height... Of course me and my mates were sprinting along the corridor - prob a wet play day, I was in front as I rounded the corner I just saw the 2 prongs on this knife about where my neck was - I slammed to a halt with a inch to spare... She the dumb ***** had absolutely no reaction I heard the slapping from my mates shoes... knowing I was literally about to be shoved onto this knife (remember right at my throat) I pushed it geanly with the fore finger of my left hand (I'm a righty) next I know my face is in her bosoum and I'm about to get the contents of her half chewed cheese and crackers spat all over my face as I get in trouble for running!!

Dumb cow, she died just after our year left for secondary school, I can't imagine her death had any thing to do with running!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Ah, a byproduct of the nanny state and extreme political correctness. This is what happens when you don't discipline your children, and when no-one takes responsibility for their actions anymore. Add into the mix the new internet 'culture' of misanthropy and you have an entire generation of borderline sociopaths.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What is up with this movie? It has spurred people to actually personify themselves with the killer, the joker. Some people have always secretly (or not so secretly) held empathy with infamous bad guys (or girls). And now people are actually committing crimes that model the infamous. They are not mentally stable enough to watch movies where socially unacceptable behavior is shown, because they justify their behavior based on the empathy they have with the villains. I wonder what is going on in their heads, it probably isn't very pleasant.

P.S. This movie should be called the "Movie of Killing".

[edit on 29-1-2009 by cancerian42]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
There have been many attacks in the news with clowns or jokers. Here are a couple more post about these strange attacks.

The joker revisited

2008 decapitations

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Thank god for a minute there I thought you were going to say she tried to eat you.

I checked out the girls My space if it is really hers it's pretty creepy.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
What is up with this movie? It has spurred people to actually personify themselves with the killer, the joker. Some people have always secretly (or not so secretly) held empathy with infamous bad guys (or girls).

I don't know about the crime part but people have been personifying their favorite stars for years

====
Mod edit: Appropriate use of [im] [/im] tags is only for News sites, please.

[edit on 1/31/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
this will scare a lot of parents into thinking that watching things like batman and playing really stupid, violent video games is going to turn us all into psychotic killers if this hits the MSM.

but what can we do? I know! Parents need to actually take care of their children for once and stop ignoring dysfunctional behavior.

sure its ok to personify stars like the guy above me said but not to the extreme of actually trying becoming them

[edit on 1/29/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
apparently this is her myspace page
profile.myspace.com...

everything isnt on private and if you open her photos to My Photos there's a picture of her with her friend in a complete joker outfit.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This girl has more going on in her brain than just a fixation on the 'Joker'. Someone has realy messed with her mind and there's going to be a whole heck of alot that come out in the near future. Very sad indeed!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlagueMusic
apparently this is her myspace page
profile.myspace.com...

Wow...when i read the original article it just sounded...unbelievable. But if that is the myspace page for the girl...well...this girl does sound like a good student, she knew how to spell "whiners".

Almost reminiscent of the VA tech killers "victimized" ramblings. Good thing this girl didn't think to plan ahead and get a real weapon.

i'm blaire.17.junior @ sv.have a broken family but thats worked out 4 the better.dislike fake people.drama.cruelty towards the defenseless.cheaters.liars.whiners.disrespect. &,more than anything,when ppl dont take death or the threat of it seriously.if someone is hurting-what sets us apart from animals is that we actually DONT care.think about it. ~You'll never know how much of a painful impact you have when you ignore the few words i speak aloud..(do u ever stop and think-who might be struggling today?..) also!my friends list(which i wish was on private but i got this x a website & couldnt tweak it)minus my top r in no specific order cuz i cant figure it out.tho i guess maybe thats better maybe?i dunno just look at it as completely random tho cuz it is.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Its very sad to think she mutilated her face and ruined her life. She probably had so much ahead of her, shes a pretty girl nearly 18, nearly out of school. So stupid, she needs mental help; but I wouldn't want to date her in the future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join