It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The icelandic sollution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The following is just Hypothetical so please take no offence!!!

just a thought:

Since Iceland is practically bankrupt and it's national debt is over 320 billion krona, which is roughly about $4 billion US dollars. (That's huge, considering that's about a quarter of their GDP.) With a population of "only" 300.000 people.
What if all these people just got up and left the country for 1 day. Every single citizen leaves Iceland by boat, plane, rubber dinghy whatever for just 1 day.....

So nobody would be living there actually owning the land, right!!!

Now they send back one guy who claim the whole thing and names it Iceland2. Everybody moves back and they all take there place like they would have lived 2 days prior.

What dept?? what $4 billion?? ...ohhhh that was iceland1, dude. Sorry they didn't leave any money behind. We're Iceland2, a brand new economy and we don't know sh*t about any $4 billion. Good luck....!!

Is that possible or am i overlooking anything??

Now i know Iceland (be it 1 or 2) would prob. call major repercussion over itself from whomever is still getting this money but as i said :"This is only Hypothetical". But maybe for you Americans this could be a very good idea....now were can we store 300 million people a couple of days??

(as mentioned before: please ,good people of Iceland, take no offence 'cause your situation is only a precursor of things to happen all over the place but your beautiful country was a good example because of it's size and population numbers)

Peace....

(i know i'm gonna get so much heat from people who actually understand politics....)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Oh ps: Mod's if this thread is in the wrong place. Please move it to a more suitable location.

Thanx

[edit on 29/1/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
what are you talking about ? I'm not following your post what is this a reference to?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
what are you talking about ? I'm not following your post what is this a reference to?

iceland is in debt, like if you have a loan for $40,000 your in debt until its payed for. Hes pretty much just saying they abandon the country. Then somone comes along and claims the place as their own. Like you would do if you ran out on the $40,000 loan and changed your name so you didnt have to pay it off.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
well he says they have to leave the country enmasse I think they just have to swap with their neighbors ,it has to everything though houses ,cars dishwashers livestock everything

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Yeah, this is what you get when you drink a lot of beer and turn on ATS. Just re-read my own thread and what i believe i ment is......????

No wait, i've got it!!! I think this was about the fact that given the fact America is almost going head-under in dept. They could very well join up with Canada and Mexico to form a new country (the north-american union) and declare the dept the old America had isn't any of their concern. Who is gonna declare war on such a super continent for not paying their bill??

Anybody??

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
well he says they have to leave the country enmasse I think they just have to swap with their neighbors ,it has to everything though houses ,cars dishwashers livestock everything

No no....this was just in theory. If every single person leaves a country and nobody owns it. Were do claim your money back???
Now when everybody returns and claim the same land as new land would that also mean the outstanding dept would disappear??

If the native americans had a big national dept before the europeans took over could the collector make his claim on the new inhabitants of that country???

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Yeah, this is what you get when you drink a lot of beer and turn on ATS. Just re-read my own thread and what i believe i ment is......????

No wait, i've got it!!! I think this was about the fact that given the fact America is almost going head-under in dept. They could very well join up with Canada and Mexico to form a new country (the north-american union) and declare the dept the old America had isn't any of their concern. Who is gonna declare war on such a super continent for not paying their bill??

Anybody??

If you throw mexico in the mix this new country will be a 3rd world country.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Holy jumping sh*t balls....i just took the time to read my own replies calmly and noticed that my english is really poor. Ohhhh...the typos!!!
I apologize for the really poor writting style and all the typos.....in retrospect i now understand why nobody is getting the point i'm making!!
(heck, i'm even having a hard time understanding what it is i'm saying)

I promise not to drink beer and start threads anymore....

The way this thread is set up i'm almost ashamed. I run into these poorly worded threads every once in a while and allways skipp them.
So i'd like to thank invisiblewoman and Michaeljp86 for not burning me to the ground and even taking time to try and understand what it was that i was trying to say.....real decent!!

I'm gonna ask the moderators to close this thread.....

ps: my english isn't as bad as this thread shows but i really wasn't paying attention to the spelling...sorry!!!

new topics

top topics

join