It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone here ever actualy "bugged out"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Good for you, Desert. Most people would not hav been as brave as you are. I am sure you are a lot more happy and proud for your actions.

SHTF does vary in degrees:

- world
- continent
- nation
- state/province
- county
- city
- local community
- family
- home
- personal

It's best to plan. Even if it's simple. Just have something in mind just in case.

There was this one time when the entire county lost power from a natural disaster. Estimated time for a fix could take days. It was during the hottest of the season. Without AC your job and home felt like an oven. Option A was driving to the next county. But we heard hotels started charging 10x the normal rate when they saw the first wave of cars (those bastards!). So we were discussing about going over to the next big city. Then we heard on our wind-up radio that power will be restored in two hours. We waited patiently in our oven/home.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Not really bugging out, but was homeless for about 5 months when I was a teenager.

I slept in my car that I parked adjacent a large lake.

It was summer and very hot during the day, so when I got to overheated I would just jump in the lake.

I got my drinking water from the lake and simply boiled it over a small fire down in a cove.

I took my baths in the lake as well.

I had a little money saved up. I only ate once per day. I would wait until I was really hungry and then go to a fast food place that had some kind of special. Obviously my eating plan was not a good one, but I was 16 and didn't know better.

Being by the huge lake was a lifesaver and provided or could have provided most of what I needed.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join