It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative or liberal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Is everybody here a conservative or are there some liberals too?

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I understand that some of you listen to coast to coast, which means that some mus listen to the other programs that are on the channel. I believe all these programs are pro-conservative, anti-liberal, are they not?

So in listening to these programs does that make you all conservatives. That's kind of a narrowminded view isn't it? Only looking at one side of the scale.

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm the NPR-listening Democratic Liberal Feminazi Pagan.

Or something fairly close to that. I rank pretty high on Limbaugh's list of Undesirables.

[Edited on 30-1-2003 by Byrd]

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It's pretty messed up how the two terms have come to be demonized, when in practice, most people are very diverse in their perspectives while laboring to adhere to the two party definition that American politics has us subscribe to.
The Political Compass test thread that I put up should help you get a better approximation. Most people come out Libertarian!

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hell Byrd, I like you even more now!

Have you caught the boycott in motion against Mr. Butt-Cyst-Draft-Dodger?

No? Here you go! ( All the Hannity/Limbaugh lovers on this site are gonna hate this!)

Ads rushing out of Limbaugh show? Progressives take aim at radio program's sponsors A letter-writing campaign aimed at advertisers on "The Rush Limbaugh Show," has already claimed a few choice scalps -- and hopes to soon have other marketers saying "ditto." Kicked off last week on the website of a group called Take Back The Media, the effort is generating a growing buzz among online progressives -- along with hundreds of angry e-mails to companies that sponsor what it calls Limbaugh's "hateful chortling and guffawing."

cbs.marketwatch.com...

Great website: "Take Back the Media"
www.takebackthemedia.com...

tr

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think its an illusion. An extension of the hegelian dialectic. I think all issues should stand on their own. Not like our congress has been doing things all these years. Tacking B.S. onto other bills - totally unrelated to the bill that is supposedly being adddressed. Thus the destruction of our country tacked onto bills to improve our country . I want legalized marijuana, I don't approve of abortion, I agree with the John Birch society magazine but told them that if they were not pro legalization they werte missing the big picture. What am I- liberal or conservative ? I don't know!!! Sticks and stones may break my bones but put a label on me and 1/2 of the worlds population thinks I am their enemy.

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
*claps*

I like your answer. I, am neither liberal or conservative either. I, actually dislike most of both views. They don't take in the whole view of things. I live with a far right conservative who listens to limbau(sp?) sucherai(sp?) and Noorey. I also live with a far left liberal, he doesn't do much.

I am not in the middle of the scale, but right off it. I don't think our present form of government is good enough. It is run too much by religion(I'm aethiest), and people are too ignorant, except for that very few number of people who rule our country(yeah, right).

I see no form of government that would work, without either breeding ignorance, or going against personal freedom, and the all beloved ethics.

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm...

Against abortion except for rare cases which endanger the mother.

Against illegal aliens in the US.

For the Death Penalty in certain murder cases.

For a strong military.

For school vouchers.

For some Govt oversight over Big Business.

For a Flat Tax.

For Welfare for a short duration per person.

For protecting the enviornment, but not a Greenpeace nut.

For owning registered guns, but not assault weapons.

For 3 strikes laws against criminals.

For the support of the arts, but not Maplethorpe-type art solely used to attack others.

For support of science in advancing society.

For "limited" aid to other countries.

For "limited" intervention around the world.

For tracking down and killing terrorists anywhere.

Against the ACLU attacking religion in every facet of society.

Against political lobbyists.

Against PAC money in Govt.

Against Saddam for Bush.

[Edited on 4-2-2003 by MT69]

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm more along the lines of MT69, except for the restrictive, unconstitutional gun ideas he entertains.

BT, it seems that you are against freedom of speech and the discussion of ideas, noting you relish in people carrying out letter-writing campaigns and boycotts against Rush. There is nothing vulgar or immoral about his show, yet it should be attacked as if it is an offense?
It seems to me that the problem is that ideologies at the opposite end of the spectrum can gather or hold no listening audience, and therefore, the shrill minority feel that the rest must be silenced. We, who hold onto conservative values have the right to be just as heard as the liberal. Why is it that the liberal population feel they must silence us? Not enough Christ-knocking or shock-jockying?

Sad, the hypocricy.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Against Freedom of Speech!?! Hell, I'd be swinging in the breeze from the tallest oak by now!
Attack radio and very marginal ideas should be brought to the sponsors attention - since they blindly support , by their advertizing dollars, things that most of society deems offensive. If they are forced to review content, then in turn make the educated decision they should have made in THE FIRST PLACE as to whether to continue patronage, I see that as a very good thing. It's been a foundation practice by the Right on a myriad of things, don't cry foul now that Fat Boy is under scrutiny.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
A: Liberal
B: Conservative
I say C: None of the above

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Bout Time supports Hollywood hypocrites calling Bush a new Hitler in every medium of the press, but Rush cannot say anything against the left on the radio. Typical, typical, typical...

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
69-Boy...Without you, how would we find our way!?!

Thank you so much for what I'm thinking....I just didn't know!

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i am a conservative in the strictest sense of the word. i'm against abortion, pro guns(everyone should own one), school vouchers are a great idea, the ACLU needs to go, tort reform needs to be passed now, welfare needs to be reformed again, however i stray from the conservative ideal when it comes to the death penalty. need i go on? i'm sure i'll be ridiculed for this little snippet of info. however what ever you consider yourself, republican-democrat liberal-conservative, i consider all of you here at ATS friends and without different points of view where would this great country be? it would look something like Iraq. so keep the opinion battle flowing and keep the debates going.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm a Reagan-Republican, lol. Lower taxes, smaller government. I feel the same as you Aegis about the death penalty: Being I am very much pro-life when it comes to abortion I am the same way when it comes to the death penalty. Guns: Yes, we should all have one. Isn't the data showing that areas of this countries that have less restrictive with guns laws also areas that have lower crime rates? D.C. is a prime example. Boils down to �personal responsibility� imho, which brings me to the ACLU. Go to there site and look under �issues� and you will not see �gun rights.� That group seems to caught up in being pro-criminal but with Barr and Armey joining maybe they�re trying to reshape. Good point on the tort reform also Aegis. Vouchers are a great idea, it sure would help �ol Bob out a wee bit!

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Have ye gone mad, Bout Time? The "Attack Radio" (you wouldn't call it that if they attacked conservatives as you seem to do [accidentally, of course, as you are a centrist!
]) makes the money because people listen to them. That's the way it works in this country. Unless, of course, you are NPR. They can be as left-winged as they want and not compete because they are supported by the tax-payers and the Rich, left-wing foundations.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Bout Time - If you were dragged back into the military with a draft....you'd have to salute this "Boy" and call me Sir.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
you know bobb88 it's too bad you're a buckeye fan, i could get along with you. j/k. keep on preaching brother. go Vols.

posted on Feb, 6 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Java
Have ye gone mad, Bout Time? The "Attack Radio" (you wouldn't call it that if they attacked conservatives as you seem to do [accidentally, of course, as you are a centrist!
]) makes the money because people listen to them.

Thanks for remembering I'm a Centrist; I thought you were getting the Black & White blinders so favored by our big mouthed kid set!

First, I never ever attacked a Conservative politician, and if you think that tax & spend crazy GW Bush is a Conservative in anything but name......we got to talk, brother!
Apples & Oranges though, on your above point. I'm talking about Rush and his character destruction demagougery; if ad buyers look at the content, they'll move. If a musician makes cop killer albums they'll get yanked from rotation. Again, it's nothing that has not been a staple, hell made careers & names for some, of the conservative movement.

69 - You got through OCS and are commissioned!?!?!

And that's the American Military you're talking about?!?!

Quick anybody, what are the words to " O, Canada" again!?!?

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
were not all conservatives here, though they are a majority, we have some people who realize the "truth"

XAOS

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join