It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can individuals affect time merely by guessing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Is time travel easier than it might be considered?

I woke up one night recently and was rolling around in bed one night for probably say... 40 minutes. I didn't look at the clock radio, and I can't tell the difference between a birthday cake and a dodge viper ten feet way from me without my glasses on, So i don't think i caught a quick glance. So i was laying there with my eyes shut trying to get back to sleep and finally decided to see what time it was. As I started to turn over i was trying to figure out what time it would be. I thought 4 something, and decided "you know what? it's 3:30" i finish flipping over and look at the clock which says 3:30. Not 3:29, not 3:31.

So do i just assume i'm a good guesser, God told me, or by some strange occurance, are humans if they're oblivious to the world around them capable of landing at whatever point of"time" they want? I don't mean like saying it's the year 1905 and surprise all of a sudden it's 1905 yet again. I've seen a lot of strange things recently, and read even stranger things on this forum too, so what does anyone else have to say on the idea? I'm good with the prospect of I just hit the guess the time lottery as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kiwiemperor

I need to do a bit of research to get more details and a link for you, but there was an experiment where these test subjects were made to guess the number of 0s and 1s on a computer printout. The researchers found that the numbers of 0s and 1s actually changed from their original readouts after the people made their "pyschic guesses."

Again, let me get you more information, because I'm 100% certain I'm leaving some details out.

I think it could tie into what you're talking about.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have a neato trick! I can guess the time within five minutes before or after the "correct"
time. It used to be a little gig for me at the Renaissance Faire in the early 90's. I would face north and play at being a sundial. All was cool until for kicks I tried it at night, and was correct, then I tried it inside away from daylight, and was off by ten minutes. Then it was just wierd. Incidentally, I cannot wear a watch as it will not keep time for me.

There is a story about a chaos magician who dilates time on the way to something fun, and then lets it unwind while enjoying himself, thereby "increasing" his fun time.

Time is subjective, and can travel faster or slower for the observer. I don't see why short distance time travel cannot exist, as time is only in our perception, and is used as a way to describe one way that we travel through our three dimensional world.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I think that it's related to the phenomenon where people wake up just before their alarm goes off. The mind, it seems, can keep track of the passage of time relatively accurately, at least when unconcious. otherwise, unless you can habitually perform this, I'd tend to think it was a lucky guess.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I think it has to do with repressed faith. For example when you are all hyped up about something saying "I know it has to be true, It just has to be", it may or may not be, but if you are are like, "It's true" and then don't think about it anymore, but totally believe that one time the thought enters your head, then it will be true or if you want something to happen very badly, but give up on being able to do anything about it, everything will usually work out as long as you stop obsessing over it. Kind of like sigil magic or prayers in some cases as well as superstitions sometimes. Your conscious mind has the willpower, but your unconscious mind is what I believe does the actual "magic". However, I think it is a complete waste of time.

new topics

top topics

join