It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on Cspan Explaining the Basics 1/29/08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The below video happened this morning on Cspan

Basically the reason I made this thread is for all those that had unanswered questions about strict constituational approach to the economy.

I believe alot of those answers can be given in this video below

Google Video Link

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this!!

Do you think Ron Paul is getting really worried? I mean, it just seems like he is appearing on TV almost everyday lately, trying to tell the world what is going on.

He hasn't given up hope, as apparent by the way he keeps trying. We shouldn't either.

Star and flag, for that!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Do you think Ron Paul is getting really worried?

This is one point that I don't really agree with Paul
He is both worried and relieved

He says tptb are destroying this economy and people should know that they are doing this, but at times he also expresses relief

He, if my interpretation of his words are precise which they may not be, believes that with the fall of the dollar they won't be able anymore to subsidize a police state, big brother, and mass foreign-interventionism anymore.

I don't think they would be doing so without knowing what they are doing.
Perhaps the idea of a world govt. is the only answer
if america goes down, the entire planet goes down with them
so with everyone equal they will be able to persue such an initiative

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't agree. They will pull out of our currency and watch as we crumble along with Mexico.

More and more I'm starting to believe we are doomed.

If you listen to political radio, no speaks of what our true deficit is they just continue to argue about politics. Blah blah blah republicans made a stand. Blah Blah blah the democrats are making jobs.

STOP IT YOU CRAZY MORONS!!!

It's time to end the politics. It's time to stop this insane nonsense! Cut spending, i don't know where JUST DO IT!!! Do something that MAKES SENSE!

CRIPES!

Edit to add: S & F (as i do for most RP vids)

[edit on 29-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't agree. They will pull out of our currency and watch as we crumble along with Mexico.

More and more I'm starting to believe we are doomed.

If you listen to political radio, no speaks of what our true deficit is they just continue to argue about politics. Blah blah blah republicans made a stand. Blah Blah blah the democrats are making jobs.

STOP IT YOU CRAZY MORONS!!!

It's time to end the politics. It's time to stop this insane nonsense! Cut spending, i don't know where JUST DO IT!!! Do something that MAKES SENSE!

CRIPES!

Edit to add: S & F (as i do for most RP vids)

[edit on 29-1-2009 by David9176]

WORD!!!!

Two lines.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
CSPAN had Bernie Sanders (I - Vermont) on before him, that was a great show.

It cracks me up listening to the Republicans and Democrats calling in and blaming each other for the crash in progress. Both sides also have lots to love and hate about Ron Paul - the Republicans seem to have no problem with spending $1 Trillion (or whatever) just to militarily occupy 150 countries around the world, start wars we have no way to pay for, and provide corporate welfare for the wealthiest corporations, and the Democrats have no problem spending big $ for social welfare and big goverment entitlement programs.

Atleast Paul set things straight by acknowledging that fact that BOTH parties are owned by corporate and special interest lobbyists, have no fiscal discipline, have no economic plan, and have complete lack of accountability.

BUT Republicans will be Republicans and Democrats will be Democrats - it's like talking to a wall

[edit on 29-1-2009 by TypeSH2001]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
we need to take a stand against the media

they are not as "dumb" as most people like to brush them off as

they try to build confidence in the elected leader as well as the direction the PTB are trying to take the "economy". never mind the PTB are trying desperately to bail themselves out (privatize the profits/socialize the losses) while bad mouthing any politician like Paul who is sick of the charade.

here is the media motto .........LIE TO THE AMERICAN'S .......they are Lazier and more Ignorant than most European Audience's .......spin spin spin...they can't HANDLE the TRUTH and respond intelligently nor will many of them be willing to accept the depressing truth and subsequent Medicine...and also those in power (with judiciary leverage) want them to remain ignorant of how they are getting beaten by the elite in a class warfare!

The bottom line though is that human's need to have there basic needs met and the elite can leverage this from increasing food price dynamics to make us comply as H kissinger said to this effect.....you can control nations with oil.........and people with food.......don't think this won't be part of the NWO's leverage to will the people over.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
watch between 3:30 to 4:00 min. is it just me or did ron paul just drop a hint about a new currency? perhaps the nau and the amero? and im not a ron paul hater at all i would have voted for him if he was on the ballot. imo he is one of the few good people in government who remembers what the constitution stands for.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by middleclasssoldier]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by middleclasssoldier

It may be in the works. Putin is pushing for something like this. There are a few threads on it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A new reserve currency, yes - probably would be the yuan if China had the balls. Currently, our dollar is the center of an old "new world order" economic system, as Dr. Paul explains in the interview. I do object to people going off like an NAU currency or world currency would change much.

It's just a new name for an old enemy.

But regardless, thanks to the OP for putting up this video. This is perhaps Ron Paul as the most articulate and thought-out we've seen him. Yes, he's calm, I wouldn't say relieved, but how many talk-shows give him that much time to explain his agenda without being heckled and ridiculed into disarray?

I do get pissed when everybody glorifies every Ron Paul posting, but this is one of the better videos to be circulated. Anyone new to RP or looking for an update should watch this one. That aside, RP deification is still deification, even if he's not Obama or some other politician. Stop that.

join