It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Contest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
NASA announced yesterday that it is holding a contest in honor of an international holiday for the International Year of Astronomy.

J.D. Harrington of NASA Headquarters, Washington says in an online article, "WASHINGTON -- NASA is giving everyone the opportunity to use the world's most celebrated telescope to explore the heavens and boldly look where the Hubble Space Telescope has never looked before.

NASA is inviting the public to vote for one of six candidate astronomical objects for Hubble to observe in honor of the International Year of Astronomy. The options, which Hubble has not previously photographed, range from far-flung galaxies to dying stars. Votes can be cast until March 1. Hubble's camera will make a high resolution image revealing new details about the object that receives the most votes. The image will be released during the International Year of Astronomy's "100 Hours of Astronomy" from April 2 to 5."

Hubble Contest

You can make suggestions or cast a vote for your favorite target image at youdecide.hubblesite.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Very cool, Hubble's time is literally priceless.

Personally I voted for the interacting galaxies.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I concur, very cool

I voted for the edge-on galaxy.

that would be sweet to win a 16x20.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I vote for zorgon, mikesingh and Internos!

Those 3 alone should replace NAZA.

Not only would the savings be monumental, but these 3 guys work for free on this topic.

wZn

top topics

join