It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Banned in Homes-California Adopts 'Hitler's Policy'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Harassment101

You would use a car seat? OMG! I walk to work! Do you know how many chemicals are released in the exhaust from a car? You're killing not only your own child by putting them in the car. You're polluting the entire planet! You're killing entire SPECIES! You're causing GLOBAL WARMING! Why can't you stop your habit of driving?

You shouldn't be able to drive. I definitely don't want you driving down my road releasing chemicals from your exhaust that could get into my house and poison my child. My child didn't choose that! What makes you think you should have the right to drive and poison the entire planet like that! That's just sick!

Alright, I don't think you're sick. Just making a point. But seriously, you shouldn't be driving either. It causes deaths too and not only of the person that's just driving. Some times innocent people that aren't even driving get killed by cars. It's not always a choice.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by tinfoilman]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I've been a smoker for 40 years. How come not one of my pets has ever died of lung cancer?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Keep voting for those liberal Democrats, California! Watch as ALL your rights go away! New Jersey and Massachusetts are next!

Hardcore libertarian-style conservatism is the only thing that's going to save this country, both economically and socially. Embrace it or don't complain when your taxes go up, your income goes down and your rights disappear.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Keep your eyes peeled, cigarettes will be outlawed before you know it...

No I don't think they'd be made illegal. As much as the few idealists in Washington would like it, cigarettes generate too much profit for big companies for them to let that happen.

What'll happen is that It'll be legal to buy em, but not legal to smoke them anywhere

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
well i trust fox news more than prison planet at times(everyone remember the real ID and Amero?). But if its true it is a retarded law. here is an experiment you can try at home. Collect all the dog crap you can find and mix it with water. Cook it in your kitchen and notice the smell that is in your kitchen. Now do this in your front yard, see what your neighbors complain about first. I would understand outlawing it in the common areas of an appartment like hallways and stuff, but making them smoke outside on the patio underneath everyones windows? I think spandex and sweatpants that stretch larger than a 38 should be illegal but i do not mind what a person does in there own home. Just had a crazy thought, by the time all the pot-heads get their weed made legal they will not be able to smoke anymoar.
I could see it now "no officer its marajuana smoke i swear"

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
So it's up to the landlord and neighbors to regulate this right?

And as some here have said, it's the citizens that asked for this and the city passed it by the citizens voting for it yes? And it's the apartment/condo owner who decides whether or not they want to rent to those pesky smokers as well yes?

I'm find with a landlord not renting to smokers. That is well within their rights.

BUT....

If your neighbor rats you out and the ciggie police come knockin' exactly where is that $1000 fine going?

Feel free to answer that one. Wait, I'll help you...

That fine money is going to the city, not the landlord. Think hard on that before trying to defend this fascist city ordinance...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Hmm, This does seem a draconian measure, But i dont understand why they just dont ban tobaco and have done with it...... Oh wait of course, Because they get rich off it.... Silly me

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
This fascist crap would be impossible to police, but good for the divide and conquer mob. Just another irritation in a long list of bureaucratic self righteous prats trying to outdo one another's egos in an effort to feel more special than the next person.

Nicotine does have some redeeming features:- assists in prevention of Alzheimers dementia and also assists medicated schizophrenics to maintain a higher level of clarity in their cognitive function than they would otherwise have. It probably helps all smokers to clarify their thoughts and also to possibly overcome some of the neurotoxic effects of fluoride in our water.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Ok well I think this all goes a little deeper you see.
They kill us off with everyday things, food medicine water etc.
And they still allow cigarettes to be sold, which they make alot of money from.
And they blame all the illness and death from the other things, on the cigarettes.
And they make all these laws for cigarettes, so they can say "We told you not to do it".
This is just part of the plan.
If they can blame the majority of death on cigarettes, yet make the laws for them very strict, then it looks like its our fault.
And they know people will continue to smoke, because they made it extra super addictive.
By using acetaldehyde to break the blood brain barrier.
So it really never physically leaves your brain.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hey DD, great find.

Yeah, I just don't get California. It always seems to me that they are a test balloon for bigger things when they pull this crap. If it worked in Cali.....why not everywhere.

What I'm most upset about this is this...No one is ever talking about banning cigarettes during any of this posturing. It always focuses on the evil cig smoker and not the source...the cigarettes.

Let me be clear...I'm a smoker and have been forever, but if bans against personal freedoms come into play, you don't punish the citizen, you go after the source that would eliminate the need for such bans.

I think that it's really sad that the government turns a blind eye to this side of the issue. I also understand why they do it. They count on all of that tax money from cigarettes.

Hmmm...get rid of cigs....massive new tax hike on...Doritos!

Yep, that otta do it.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'm a smoker, but never around children, I got outside to smoke even in the depths of winter. Hell, I won't even smoke in another smoker's house if they have kids in there!

Even if I go to a pub/club and walk out into the designated smoking area I find parents with their kids there!! Can't stop myself, I have to say, "No kids here. That's the law. It's my bad habit, not your kids", then I wait for the kids to leave before I light up.

Well, someone has to speak up, or these slacker parents will never learn their kids are more important than their addictions.

As for smoking in your own unit/ apartment/house, I see no problem with that whether you own it or rent it. Dumb law this one.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

People are upset because it is not the OWNERS of the establishment who made this call, it was LOCAL GOVERNMENT. What is so hard to understand about that people? What would all the people in support of this law do if the government said "we are raising your taxes to make sure people aren't smoking in places we say they shouldn't." I doubt many would like this, and I'm sure you're typing away right now saying "well that would be just fine with me", but we all know you're lying because EVERYONE WHO PAYS TAXES COMPLAINS WHEN THE THE TAXES ARE RAISED. Basically you share a viewpoint with Hitler, one that he was deeply emotionally attached to since he enforced such strict policies on the "evil tobacco". I would like to see what all people who are in favor of such a blatant example of abuse of power would do when the laws made start hindering their rights. Basically, if the property owners would have made the decision then fine, suck it up; but it was local government who instead of worrying about the fact that they aren't getting any wellfare, stimulus, tax returns, etc. No, lets draw attention away from serious issues and dwell on the dirty smokers. Yeah, real classy.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Not to sound like a jerk....but how often to smokers treat non-smokers less than human? Do they think about their health? How many times has a smoker told a non-smoker that "If you don't like being around my smoke, tough!". Ok, now to the can't smoke in the house crap. What this comes down to is as usual, something that violates our personal rights. What the hell they gonna do...break down your door and arrest you if you are smoking a cig?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The collectivists have to have someone to hate. Can't hate blacks, hispanics, asians, homos, alcoholics, etc...

All that's left are smokers, and white males. It's easier to get the sheeple to hate on smokers. Now there's grumbling about fat people, and some organizations are taking aim at foods that are considered to make people fatter.

Humanity has an insane inner urge to hate, and control other people. Individual hate is aimed at many things, group hate is aimed at the lowest common denominator of things to hate which, for now, are smokers and white males.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It appears that the time has come for a massive revolt of the population. Politicians should be dragged from thier offices. The Govt. will fall. Chaos is what they are pushing the country towards.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I hate to say it but I think journalists may be picking up smoking fairly soon.

Check out this new cool toy for espionage!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Wow, I just quit smoking 4 months ago after years of puffin away but jeeze thats one law that'd i'd seriously snap over, probably put a cigarette out in someones eye if they told me it was illegal to puff in my own house... literally blow a gasket lol

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
NOT TO MENTION COUCILMAN BILL DICKERSON IS CURRENTLY SERVING TIME FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, GREAT BUNCH WEVE PUT INTO POWER I SAY RECALL!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I don't care what anyone says, America is getting more and more conservative!

This has nothing to do with conservatives!! This is the deomocrat liberal crap! You know the eco-vegan crowd! And I have always identified as a dem/lib which is why, the older I get, the more conservative and Republican I get! I see this crowd wanting to take more and more of my hard earned salary and give it to someone that doesn't work or a crook!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

please leave , better for us
, we don't want smokers jejejejeje

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join