It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of UFO's? Daylight Filmed in infrared, California, 01/18/09

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ThInGS Ar3 NoT WHaT Th3y

Most of the sources I've found say spring (see my 3rd post above), and it gets earlier the further south you go, but yes it could be some other seeds...

Did you know 'wind dispersal' is the most common method plants (might have been 'trees') use to disperse their seeds?

Cottonwood is not the only one to do this. Either way, I'm not familiar with Californian plant species, so I couldn't say which is was, but I have seen the same thing here in the UK before, and at different times of year.

Anyway, you wanted to know what it was, and that's what I think, going on past experience... it would actually be fairly easy to put to rest, if we could confirm the date/location and ask a botanist who knows the flora of the surrounding area. If you want to pursue this further, that would be my suggestion.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
It's def insects. Look at about the 0:37 second mark where he starts to zoom in some more. Right after that 2 " bugs" come flying across and you can actually make out one opening it's wings. It's really fast and maybe somebody could take a snap shot of it ( i'm not sure how ) but yea almost 100% that it's bugs .

I agree, there are some insects flying about too (heck even birds!) - what do you guys expect? This is outdoors!

As IAttackPeople says... there's lots of stuff in the air...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
These things are catching the sun's rays and are warmer than the surrounding air. That is why they are visible. Since they appear to move so fast and are so numerous, we gotta think they are close, and therefore something common such as pollen, dust, seeds--or guess what any and all of those and maybe something else, strange little creatures perhaps that we don't know about which fly around right down here amongst us! Some insects, dragon flies can fly two-hooked-together. Now, a threesome? Anyway, an interesting video. We all need to look into infrared because several cases show that UFOs DO appear in infrared when not seen by the visible eye. Actually, I'm wondering if cameras (digital and/or film) pick up these UFOs normally. Can anybody compare the frequency range of the human eye with what cameras take in?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

Because by blocking out the sun's glare, at the same time as looking in the direction of the sun, anything floating in the air between you and the sun is back-lit/lit up by the suns rays, and easy to see since you've blocked out most of the sun's glare.

Easy experiment to try for yourself, but watch you don't mistakenly point a camera directly at the sun whilst looking through the viewfinder!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

---

Hi, well.. they are UFOs. What was a wee-bit surprising to me in the vid, was, what would you say if you were videoing space ships?

Decoy

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

I see, thanks. Well then using this method, are you viewing objects which are emitting their own IR energy, or are you viewing objects that are being illuminated by the sun?

I thought that the use of an IR filter was so that you can detect IR energy that is supposed to be produced by the UFO, not objects reflecting IR from the sun.

I might have this whole thing mixed up.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The way this is filmed, by positioning the video shot so that it includes the sun, it seems to indicate that he was aware of what this effect would have on objects in the air, any object.

In other words he knows that it is the sun that is doing the illuminating, not IR energy being emitted from the engine of a UFO.

If you want to detect IR energy that is being produced by a UFO, you wouldn't need to include the sun in your video shot. You wouldn't need the sun at all.

Unless the premise of this technique is based on detecting "invisible" UFO's that are reflecting the sun's IR.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Well I'd keep investigating it if your sure it isn't easily explained such as bugs, you should try to see it away from a street light and zoom in, if my camera could do that I'd try it myself.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThInGS Ar3 NoT WHaT Th3y

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient
I am thinking pollen or something. There was one object moving slowly, maybe ISS or some satellite?

It's def insects. Look at about the 0:37 second mark where he starts to zoom in some more. Right after that 2 " bugs" come flying across and you can actually make out one opening it's wings. It's really fast and maybe somebody could take a snap shot of it ( i'm not sure how ) but yea almost 100% that it's bugs .
I'm usually not the debunker type either and I would love for it to be ufos but just trying to be logical.

look at the 1:00 to 2:00 min. mark... I have NEVER seen 1 bug turn to 3 bugs
have you?

Welcome to ATS and thanks for the links. Yeah the one with 3 light points standing still is the one that looks like a UFO to me. No wind - so could be some small bugs or 'sky critters' - but the one sitting in the sky looking back at the person filming it is cheeky. "he can't see us can he Jim??".

wZn

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
First screwing a IR filter on a Digital Camera does NOT make it a IR camera.

I first started doing IR film work for the US Navy at China Lake back in 1969.

Screwing a IR filter on a digital camera is like screwing a IR filter on a film camera and then using regular black and white film.
what you end up with is black and white photos. NOT IR photos
IR photos are taken with IR film+ a IR filter.

Except for a very few digital cameras it is a major trick to take out the IR BLOCKING filter built into most digital cameras.
www.wrotniak.net...

So what kind of camera DID you use and how was it used.?????

That's the first thing any professional photographer is going to ask you and if you can not answer he is going to laugh and walk away.
then he is going to tell other photographer how dumb you are.

Also HOW did you focus the camera the view finder is built for visible light and the human eye can not see IR properly because it focuses at a different point in a camera this means that you can not focus a IR photo with your EYE.

One of the major obstacles in IR photography can be focussing,
“But only if you let it be”

First of all you’ll need to use manual focus, and secondly, because of the wavelengths IR light are transmitted at, it causes a focus shift of 1/400 th of the focal length used.
And unless the focus is adjusted your images will be out of focus.

www.dynaxdigital.com...

maybe thats why they look like UFOs because they are out of focus.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

I first started doing IR film work for the US Navy at China Lake back in 1969.

Screwing a IR filter on a digital camera is like screwing a IR filter on a film camera and then using regular black and white film.
what you end up with is black and white photos. NOT IR photos
IR photos are taken with IR film+ a IR filter.

Except for a very few digital cameras it is a major trick to take out the IR BLOCKING filter built into most digital cameras.
www.wrotniak.net...

So what kind of camera DID you use and how was it used.?????

That's the first thing any professional photographer is going to ask you and if you can not answer he is going to laugh and walk away.
then he is going to tell other photographer how dumb you are.

Also HOW did you focus the camera the view finder is built for visible light and the human eye can not see IR properly because it focuses at a different point in a camera this means that you can not focus a IR photo with your EYE.

One of the major obstacles in IR photography can be focussing,
“But only if you let it be”

First of all you’ll need to use manual focus, and secondly, because of the wavelengths IR light are transmitted at, it causes a focus shift of 1/400 th of the focal length used.
And unless the focus is adjusted your images will be out of focus.

www.dynaxdigital.com...

maybe thats why they look like UFOs because they are out of focus.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by ANNED]

First, thanks for your expertise in the difference between IR camera and IR filters on a DV camera. Secondly I am not the one who took the shots I stumbled on to them Researching the UFO topic.. I have put an invite to the cameraman norroy08 to join this discussion

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
I see, thanks. Well then using this method, are you viewing objects which are emitting their own IR energy, or are you viewing objects that are being illuminated by the sun?

Illuminated by the sun.

Originally posted by Electro38
I thought that the use of an IR filter was so that you can detect IR energy that is supposed to be produced by the UFO, not objects reflecting IR from the sun.

I might have this whole thing mixed up.

Yes, that is not correct, but you are not alone in misunderstanding the physics behind IR filters/cameras.

First of all, a little bit about camera sensors: Most sensors in digital still cameras can detect IR light, but have a built in filter that removes IR light (and let the visible light spectrum through), since it's unwanted in ordinary photographs/videos. However, the wavelengths of IR that sensors can detect are only just outside the visible spectrum.

The IR spectrum covers a wide range of wavelengths and is divided into near and far IR. It's the 'far IR' part of the spectrum that the heat emissions of objects become detectable, and that's no where near the part of the spectrum where ordinary sensors are sensitive to IR. Detecting heat energy requires very expensive camera gear. Some examples here: www.pat-services.co.uk...

So in video cameras that are IR sensitive in the near IR range (like the ones in the examples here), there is no IR filter built into the sensor. When the camera operator puts an IR filter on the lens, that simply cuts out all the visible light, and only lets through near IR light that can be either reflected from an object or directly from an IR light source like the sun.

Edit: ANNED got there while I was typing!

[edit on 30-1-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

These are not bugs attracted to a street lamp because the street lamp is off. The light you see is the SUN behind the street lamp. The lamp is used to block the sun out, but it itself is off, and thus would not attract any insects.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Agreed.

In the first video that the OP pasted in, where the camera pans to a tree with foliage on it that looks bright white, right at the start, seems to suggest that this camera has a sensor that can detect near IR. Foliage like this is typical of near IR photography in my experience, and it would not look like that in an ordinary b/w photo.

Before IR filter put on:

After IR filter put on:

What do you think?

Edit: for some reason the pics I uploaded won't display. I'll try again tomorrow if it doesn't sort itself out in the mean time!

[edit on 31-1-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
OK- here's my theory:

Earth is bombarded every day by particles of every type. What are the odds he is now actually filming the particles, but their energy signatures as they go on their merry way? As solar radiation, the weak magnetic forces of the metal in things, the electrical energy from the streetlight, ect makes these energetic particles react in different ways?

Just my 2 cents, and please. Keep the change.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
What are the odds he is now actually filming the particles

Probably about the same as winning the lottery...

without even playing it.

Video cameras are not particle detectors. They collect photons of specific wavelengths. Even if they were capable of detecting 'particles', you would not be able to see their motion, except perhaps under the most unusual of circumstances, eg in a 'cloud-chamber'.

------

Sorry for the OT, but can anyone tell me why pics that I upload to my ATS upload space won't display?

Eg:
files.abovetopsecret.com...
and
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Can anyone see those?

Older pics uploaded to my space before work fine, but anything I try to upload now won't work!?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
It's bugs that are attracted to the heat of the street light.

These are shot during the day...the streetlight was only used to block the sun's rays.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

hello im new to this site im known as n8ive_idiot13 im 16 years old i know norroy08 on youtube i been visiting his videos for about 3 months now and im still shocked by the ufo's he finds that i would have never thought id see in my life time or ever... i just like to explain that i seen nearly all of his videos and the earlier ones have been in around august and the newer ones are in january and they are defientelyetly not polin seeds bugs smart dust sand because i live in canada which is pretty damn far away from california all together im living in winter at the moment and when i look up into the sky blocking off the sun i can still see these ufos at times my eyes dont zoom in like a camera but i can defientely see many objects in the sky moving at amazing speeds and i have looked at the sky when it was partially cloudy and can see the objects MOVE BEHIND the clouds which should be impossible because of the limits that clouds go is about 10-15 km high but im not sure what the specific height it is but i think it know the clouds are in the troposphere and we live in the biosphere and that most living things live in the bio sphere so how are these objects in the sky above the clouds above the biosphere and moving about such speeds in a short ammount of time i wish i could tell u what they are but i know as much as u do on how they look and i hope what i say here would atleast convince one of you that maybe what were seeing isnt from this planet that is living at all but was manufatured to move at these speeds heres a video of a very tall building and clouds to show distance and the some objects behind the clouds there is one at the end of the video that u can see that goes vvery fast BEHIND the clouds...

good day and here is the clip

ca.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by native16

hello im new to this site im known as n8ive_idiot13 im 16 years old i know norroy08 on youtube i been visiting his videos for about 3 months now and im still shocked by the ufo's he finds that i would have never thought id see in my life time or ever... i just like to explain that i seen nearly all of his videos and the earlier ones have been in around august and the newer ones are in january and they are defientelyetly not polin seeds bugs smart dust sand because i live in canada which is pretty damn far away from california all together im living in winter at the moment and when i look up into the sky blocking off the sun i can still see these ufos at times my eyes dont zoom in like a camera but i can defientely see many objects in the sky moving at amazing speeds and i have looked at the sky when it was partially cloudy and can see the objects MOVE BEHIND the clouds which should be impossible because of the limits that clouds go is about 10-15 km high but im not sure what the specific height it is but i think it know the clouds are in the troposphere and we live in the biosphere and that most living things live in the bio sphere so how are these objects in the sky above the clouds above the biosphere and moving about such speeds in a short ammount of time i wish i could tell u what they are but i know as much as u do on how they look and i hope what i say here would atleast convince one of you that maybe what were seeing isnt from this planet that is living at all but was manufatured to move at these speeds heres a video of a very tall building and clouds to show distance and the some objects behind the clouds there is one at the end of the video that u can see that goes vvery fast BEHIND the clouds...

good day and here is the clip

ca.youtube.com...

Welcome to Above Top Secret I myself am a new member here..Norroy08 video's are very intriguing.. I have sent out an invite to Norroy08 to join the discussion here.. and thanks for your input I need to go out tomorrow and try this technique out for myself

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I didn't mean he was filming the particles- I meant he was filming the EFFECTS. It's been shown that some of this stuff emits certain types of radiation. And if whatever's being excited in the atmosphere- it's shows up as a blob of light.

Like I said- just my 2 cents.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join