It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nutty people on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Did anybody else notice an alarming increase of nutty people on ATS??

I guess it's on of those waves you get every time and the best is to lay low ,ignore and they'll go away in time only to leave ATS to it's beautiful self like we've come to know it.

For instance, i was looking at this thread by "Otis is Gay" about the american military watching his backyard....???
I wanted to check this guy out and found he had posted on two other threads making absolutly rediculous remarks and in no way related to the topic at hand. I only just finished checking his replies in other post to come back to his thread about the military watching his backyard (or something) to find the moderators had already banned this clown..!!!

Congrats and applause to the moderators of this site in spotting this so quickly and taking appropiate measures.

If also noticed people complaining about ATS not being like it used to be with all these weird new members.
If you happen to get one of these "other-thinkers" on one of you threads that you have worked hard on try to remain civil and stumb them with logic. Remain calm and try to get them p*ssed off......it's a damn good therapy and gives you a lot of pleasure.....!!!!

Once again, thanks Moderators for keeping ATS such a damn good place were free thinkers can think alike or disagree in a civil manner.

(ps: this is only about the "trolling" new-members. To all the other (weird) new members i'd like to say WELCOME and make your self at home. 'Cause i like to believe we're all pretty weird to the so called "sane" world)

Peace....

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have a question? Aren't you a new member? I don't think 3 or 4 months makes you a long standing member. But welcome to ATS!

The Moderators normally do get the trolls early, but sometimes we also have to allow people who have different opinions the opportunity to state their side. We might learn from them and they might learn from us.

Once again WELCOME!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There are the nutty people that know they are nutty and then there are the nutty people who do not know they are nutty. There are also people who don't seem nutty but actually are quite nutty and people who seem barking mad nutty that are the sanest people you will ever meet. I don't know what up with 75% of the aforementioned people.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well to complement everyone else's black background; I'll post here too

Alot of nutters? .. don't worry, the Mods here are incredibly strict. If you don't follow the ATS T&C's to the letter, then you're screwed here for sure.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I started a similar thread in the BB & Q forum some while ago....but, since I didn't use the exact word 'nutty' it probably didn't come up in your search?

Hmmmm....just in writing I see a (possible) co-incidence in that the 'BB & Q' letters mimic an American euphamism for 'barbeque'.

As opposed to the Australian 'barbie'....not sure what others say....'hibachi'?

Anyway, sounds like I'm just being a nutter!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
We're all nutty in our own way.

Since this is more of a rant, I'm gonna move it to where it belongs....BTS 'Rant'.

Peace Nutters

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply......

Ya i know my account is pretty new but been lurking for a "long" time. For instance I know you really don't like people who smoke, Mynaeris....

Thanks for the welcome and hope to see you around!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I object to nuttiness being a negative attribute.

I'm adorable!

Speaking of nutty ... www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Funny how you form an opinion about people on the way they debate on other threads. I know i've seen you on many others threads Stikkinikky and i always like to read your posts!!

for some reason i never looked closely at your username and always assumed it said "stinkynikky", sorry for that......

I just can't seem to get it out of my head. Don't take it personal...

Edit for typos (better get used to those with me, i just can't seem to get i right the first time. Damn dutch-guys....
)

[edit on 29/1/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

I guess we'll just have to apply Civility & Decorum if we are to expect Civility & Decorum.....

I'm all for normal and descent conversation on any subject. That's why i haven't started any discussion about Israel. It just seems impossible for people to remain civil in those discussions.

Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

He Weedwacker,

Now i know i've ran into your posts a couple of hunderd time and i must say i like the way you think. (Witch doesn't mean i always agree with you!!)

Hope to see a lot more from you....

Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
OP what are you doing? Where else are we nutters going to fit in and feel comfortable?

There seems to be a decline in really nutty nutters right now.

By the way, are you taking notes on the habits and other information about ATS members? I was wondering as you commented about Mynaeris not liking people who smoke.

Welcome fellow nutter. I say that as an honor to you and not as disrespect.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Well thank you Dr.Love.....

....Nah, just kidding, i got you U2U about replacing this thread. And to be honest i really had no idea of were to place it.

Is this a rant?, i did not know!!

I'm already glad it didn't end up as a "breaking alternative news" thread like the last three threads i made. (witch by the way had nothing to do with breaking alternative news)......so you see, there is improvement!!

Thank god for nutty people and as long as everybody can keep it civil i will be here for many years...(unless you guess pull the plug on my account...:stfu

Thanks for keeping ATS a place i want to visite every day...

(oh and on behalve of the wife :" You d*mn nutcrackers, why don't you get a life. There's nothing out there!!!" ,she's really very nice you know)

Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks schrodinger,

Those are exactly the kind of threads i love to read. They crack me up...

How about this one:

Above top Secret

We need to discuss these issues.....i'm sure of it!!!!

catch you later..peace

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Nutty folks are the bread and butter of ATS....

We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ... na I'm kidding.

blupblup yourself

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Hi Dizzie,

Nah i'm not taking notes. I just remember the people who actually make a point and can defend a statement wether i agree with it or not.
I smoke a pack of cigarette a day so obviously i don't agree with Mynaeris but i do respect the fact that she knows how to bring it...

And believe me i thank god almighty (just an expression!! Not a religious nut) every day on my bare knees for nutty people!!!
If i wouldn't have found them here i'd still be talking to myself....:bnghd:

So i say nutty people for president!!! (oh we've just had that for the last 8 years.....no that's the wrong kind of "nutty" )

Ps: did i just offend all religious people??...sorry about that, pay no attention to the nut writting these posts!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Ever since hooking up with ATS if developed a few strange and interesting new behaviour patterns

Funny "ATS side effects"....

-When smoking a cigarette outside i now chronicly look up. Expecting to see something (never noticed all those stars!!)
-USGS (recent earthquake page 'cause of yellowstone) is being viewed by me atleast 500 times a day (even when driving a car or taking a bath)
-uncontrollable laughter whenever a politician speaks.
-the urge to break out the popcorn and expecting some good entertainment and laughter when turning on CNN or any other "all-news" channel.
-Not even trusting gravity anymore given the fact that it always seems to be working against me (i say conspiracy....anybody??)

So yeah i love my newly developed trademarks and i'm enjoying a whole new way of live....thanks everybody!!!

ps: i managed to make "psiball" yesterday evening...Tried to explain it to the "normal" folks they said i was nuts!!!....i agreed

Edit: spot the typos.....

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Ever since hooking up with ATS if developed a few strange and interesting new behaviour patterns

Yeah...great huh?
The world will never be the same

-When smoking a cigarette outside i now chronicly look up. Expecting to see something (never noticed all those stars!!)

Can't be a bad thing....well, the smoking can (quit man) but looking at the stars... all good!! Beautiful ain't they?

-uncontrollable laughter whenever a politician speaks.

Unless they're declaring war... or raising taxes.... I'd agree!!

-Not even trusting gravity anymore given the fact that i always seems to be working against me (i say conspiracy....anybody??)

Damn right...i hear ya there!!

ps: i managed to make "psiball" yesterday evening...Tried to explain it to the "normal" folks they said i was nuts!!!....i agreed

Yeah Psi balls are cool.... weird when you make your first one.... my friends laughed too, don't worry

[edit on 29/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Originally posted by blupblup

Yeah...great huh?
The world will never be the same

I sure hope not......

Can't be a bad thing....well, the smoking can (quit man) but looking at the stars... all good!! Beautiful ain't they?

I should quit, seriously!!!...it would make Mynaeris very happy as well. I'm sure!!!

Unless they're declaring war... or raising taxes.... I'd agree!!

Oh well, given the fact that war now adays is only a good way to boost the economy or to cover up something happening way on the other side of the spectrum ,i'm not even taking that serious anymore (s*cks for the country who is being invaded ,tho)
Same with taxes by the way, only ones still believing in this money game are the ones collecting it.

Damn right...i hear ya there!!

We need somebody "on the inside" ,they know more!!!!

Yeah Psi balls are cool.... weird when you make your first one.... my friends laughed too, don't worry

Only serious part of my previous post. I was stunned!!! How to gain a new hobby 101

Peace

edit: the usual......typos!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It's like a health store cereal aisle around here.
Everything's nutty.
There should be a permanent forum called nuttier than squirrel poop.

Of course some of us are outta our tree but that is another thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join