It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 yr Old Tasered In School

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Wow 11 yrs old

Even if she’s a big girl who’s 160 lbs, I’m pretty sure a police officer can hold her down instead of tasering her.

Now a day’s officers always have a partner with them don’t they?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't think the girl should have been tasered, she's only 11 yrs old. However, from what the reporter said, she was way out of control. Couldn't they have held her down and cuffed her instead of tasering her?

She tried to push a student into oncoming traffic, spit, hit, etc What the heck is wrong with this kid?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Good thing the officer had a taser or the girl would probably be dead. This is absurd. With an officer and teachers around, I am sure they could have easily pinned this girl to the ground. That teacher talking about containing wasn't too small herself.

Hmmm, so if a person punches me in the face, I should have the right to taser them as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm not for anyone being tasered but it sounds like this kid brought it upon herself by trying to harm another child and being out of control, being a danger to others as well as herself. In this case I feel it's better being tasered, than beaten senseless by a billy stick.

Hard call.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well I think the taser experiment didn't turn out too well, and should be abandoned immediately. When officers think its allright to use this with children, no matter what the situation, then it shows just how lame and twisted they really are. There is no excuse for this kind of thing.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I'm not for anyone being tasered but it sounds like this kid brought it upon herself by trying to harm another child and being out of control,

At least that is what we are told to believe. We have only heard one side of the story. This could just be a cover up to increase the justification of the tasering.

I would love to hear the 11 year old version.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Whats wrong with a slap across the face... Oh sorry of course it's very unlikely to give a morbidly obese little [insert
here] a heart attack.

Hell I can remember when I was at school girls a little younger than that having their knickers pulled down and being put across someones knee right up in front of the assembly (about 20 years ago).

I was wondering why I get stabbed in the face by school kids every time I catch the bus now a days

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
How sad and pathetic is it that you can't control an 11 year old?

Tackle, restrain. THESE actions were brought on herself, but tasering?? AN 11 YEAR OLD??

... 11 year old?!

I don't give a crap how big she was/is, there is simply no logical excuse on why you would HAVE TO taser an 11 year old.

Failure by the school, failure by the cops, failure by the parents, failure by anyone who thinks tasering was the only option, failure by anyone who thinks she deserved it.

I would love to see what you'd think if this would have happened to your 11 year old (to those who think it is even plausibly acceptable)

[edit on 30-1-2009 by ImaNutter]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Maybe if the child was taught some respect by her parents at home, she wouldn't have (1) tried to push another kid into traffic, (2) pushed her desk over then spit on the teachers, (3) punched a police officer in the face. Good for the school board for supporting this! and to those parents whining about it, bet they would change their tune if it was their child that the girl was attempting to push into oncomming traffic.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
She tried to kill another student!!!!

she became aggressive and assaulted staff of the school.
yes spitting on someone is assault.

The teachers are defenseless against this, if a teacher even touched her...imagine the lawsuits to follow.

By the sounds of it she was large for her age and could have inflicted harm upon others around.
What needed to be done was done, she's still alive and might think twice next time before trying to kill classmates.
Pushing someone into traffic is worse the turning up to school with a gun, she's should think her self lucky to be alive at this stage.
try and kill someone whilst holding something and it wouldn't be the tazer the cop reaches for.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
She was ACCUSED of pushing a student... not guilty of it... no court decided remember...

How big was the police officer? Did he carry a club? The one they use to use to subdue with little force before the KILLING TASER was introduced?

Anyone who says this is justified because the girl threatened the cop is nuts. The cop is trained to fight, using a baton no less. There is no need to taser anyone. That's why they have the training and the baton.

Well maybe they don't teach these cops anymore how to deal with a child.... Maybe we should just give the teachers guns too and let them deal with the kids so they don't have to call the cops....

Next thing they'll be doing anal electrocution because the kid lied and some will justify that too... makes me sick..

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Think of me what you will... But fighting a cop? Just imagine how this kid acted at home.... Honestly like a kid sticking a fork in an outlet... She got what she deserved and i bet she'll never do it again.

And did you hear the size of her?...thats one giant 11 yr old...id probably be frightened having one of those punch me in the face...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

How big was the police officer? Did he carry a club?

Female cop

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Im sure there are plenty of witnesses for the case and a proper judgment will come down.

Under normal circumstances..the tasing would be the wrong decision.

However going by current information, the tasing was justified.

Just because this involved an 11 year old does not dismiss the act of the 11 year old.

What would be said if this 11 year old had pushed that other student into traffic and that student was killed? Would there still be this "oh poor little girl" attitude?

I seriously doubt it.

Fortunatley that other student did not end up underneath an oncomming vehicle.

This 11 yr old has some problems and its best that they be dealt with now before she gets older and does something far worse than push a desk or spit or punch out a cop.

And yes..it brings up the question of what is going on in this kid's home.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
A 170 lb girl PUNCHED a female police officer in the face. I think tasing was quite appropriate!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This girl is about my size and weight, and let me tell you - I could cause some damage where I not mentally stable. Rest assured on that.

But I'm also an adult now, and while I'm shocked at the fact a tazer was used on a girl her age, I've also got to admit I've met children with developmental disabilities who are quite strong and large for their age - and when they get combative - it's a complete throwdown.

Kids don't fight like adults. Disturbed kids don't understand rules and boundaries, or even the verbal condemnation of their actions. Bullies could simply care less.

I'm under the impression this young lady may have a developmental disability. She has already demonstrated by trying to push another child into oncoming traffic that she holds no regard for others.

I'm also fully aware in this "my baby! your baby! it's only a child" era of soft foam padded playscapes, helmets, harnesses, and super over-protective parenting that naturally there will be a lot of readers who condemn this action on the part of the officer purely because of the age of this girl.

I also understand those who champion the causes of the mentally ill, mentally deficient, etc. and must be shocked at this event happening to one of their "babies"...but from the perspective of one who has been through almost every level of Mental Health Inpatient facilities, I can assure you - some of those kids (regardless of age) can be extremely strong and aggressive.

I've seen some kids with conditions weigh upwards of 240 pounds, who tower over me at 5'10" and who think a strong fist to your head is a polite way of saying "I like you".

When these kids become upset, it can take up to and as many as eight highly trained orderlies to subdue them.

And this was a single officer responding...

*edit for minor changes/spelling

[edit on 1/30/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The Child was tasered not to stop her pushing the child in the road it was later.

It was when she was in the classroom and the teacher could not control her, so they called the Police/Security who obviously failed to restrain her properly, and then after being punched Tasered the child.

This was a case of hitting back as such by the police/security, who lost his cool after being struck.

If the child was in the classroom, why didn't they they leave her in there, block the door until she calmed down, talked her down, or waited until two people security/police could restrain her properly.

She had a temper tantrum and is a big girl so tazer her?

Sounds like she has emotional or psychological problems at the time so being ill/sick punish her?

Lack ot training and the security/police are as wrong even more so as an adult and meant to be trained than a big Kid having a temper tantrum.

It was not done to protect anyone except IMHO except the tazerers hurt ego.

I am just short of 6 ft, and not bulky slim but strong as such, I have as said elsewhere with someone of similiar size restrained many times, once an 18 stone man, who had diagnosed psychiatric issues, was about 6ft4 ins and was in a rage of Caveman proportions. In public, quickly, easily and safely, no harm done, he burnt out.

Its just training and the right mental attitude. Two trained people can restrain even a Seal or the SAS types if you know what they are doing and are close enough to get contact at the same time, (lol with the sas types obviously without them knowing you are just about to or intend to
) 2 secs later they are on the ground, unable to move without causing themselves pain, not face down but sitting and just struggle till their muscles burn and throat is sore from screaming at the frustration of lack of mobility of any limbs, or head without causing themselves pain.

Its sick what is happening in the lack of training for security and police officers for aggressive behaviour.

IMHO this officer should not work in a school again.

Send him to the hood.

Elf.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Must say General Eyes that is al lack of training really, and good experience of staff.

I worked with something called "Intensive Support Services" and heard all those stories in peoples notes from similar wards, seen the "label" put on some clients. Seen the reports of broken jaws, noses etc from supposedly Ward Managers in clients histories.

Funny enough after 3 yrs of real workers who are very very switched on in psychological and behaviour modification techniques, with real and proper ongoing restraint training, working on a very close team basis 2 staff to one client, they are OK then to live in the community, whera's secure units and wards could not deal with them.

Its the £ and $ lack of funding and proper staff selection and training. In all the time I did it, with the most highly funded clients in the country I worked in, on a resettlement team , I have seen Nurse managers have breakdowns, clients get re sectioned repeatedly, been tied to fences as people cant handle them, but get 10 good staff members on a rota basis, consistency, consistency, and training very switched on, to see the triggers and "See" events before they happen, 2 years later no such issues occuring again.

Obviously SOME clients will never be changed in their behaviour and are a real risk, if though the staff are switched on these real dangerous situations shouldn't happen too often, or be expected when they occur in at least 50% of cases. It takes staff who "know" the client inside out. I have seen soo many workers in this field create such problems rather than actually stop them its very worrying.

In the many years I did it, I only ever got landed with a punch once, kicked a couple of times, and spat at much, but considering the clients as said who had files from floor to ceiling with workers getting hospitalised daily and complete breakdown of any sort of shared living quarters even in secure units it proves to me what I say above.

A couple of those clients now live in the community on a 1 to 1 staff basis! Change can happen if the £ $ and right staff are there for a long enough period of time. Its not easy but it can be done.

Never show them your fear and know hard form Tai Chi helps a lot too

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElfThis was a case of hitting back as such by the police/security, who lost his cool after being struck.

It was NOT a big burly MALE cop! It was a FEMALE officer who might have been quite a bit smaller than the 11 year old.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

It was a FEMALE officer...everyone keeps saying "he"

But honestly any way this went down it wouldve looked bad to you sympathizers.. Im also sure this FEMALE school officer wouldnt have much for backup officers seeing as how it was an elementry school...im sure she was all they had..

And locking a crazy 11 yr old giant in a school room to calm down would have resulted in alot of damaged property...

Also if the child is mentally disabled it wouldve been stated on the news report to gain more uuuuuhhhs and aaaahhhhs.... This child is just a bad egg that was called out for something bad she did (attempting to push another student into traffic) and threw a fit "i didnt do it...it was the other giant 11 yr old' *spit spit"

Her mom is probably sleeping well knowing her evil child isnt coming home to most likely act worst there

Sorry to be so cruel... but kids these days think there are no serious consequences for anything they do anymore... because they know there are millions of "OH THE CHILDREN DONT HURT THE CHILDREN" people out there to smear the names and reputations of any respectable adult to try and stop their absurd behavior...

And im only 26...my mother never laid a finger on me growing up... so i walked all over her...and did anything i wanted...with no fear of punishment because even back then it was such a travisty to even spank your child... luckily i finally realized how i treated my mother and was able to change my ways..

this kid wouldve finally one day killed someone if this officer didnt give her a wake up call..

the lady cop deserves a metal

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join