It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparition of Rachael in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Story Here

And then a beautiful young woman appeared before them and warned: Don't enter the house, there are terrorists there, be careful.

- "Who are you?"

- "What do you care who I am," she said, and whispered – "Rachel."

The rabbi continued to describe how the soldiers indeed found the terrorists inside and killed them. The three were carrying guns, just like the woman said.

Jewish newspapers in Israel have picked up this story. Apparently the apparition of 'Mother Rachael' has ALLEGEDLY appeared to Jewish soldiers on the hunt for terrorists in the Gaza. She is said to have helped them and saved them from death.

Options?

1 - It's true.
2 - It's a complete hoax that the Rabbi made up to bolster the troops (or his own reputation).

There are stories through the centuries of heavenly apparitions helping one group or another in battle. Perhaps they were real. Perhaps they were made up to give the troops a boost of physical and emotional strength ('heaven is on our side' - that kind of thing).

I DO believe that the souls of those who have 'died' are alive and well and very busy. I have no doubt that they can pop in and interact if they desire to AND if they are allowed to. But as far as if this particular story is true ... I have no idea.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Rachel Corrie, perhaps? Wouldn't that be ironic.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Who knows if the incident is authentic or not, nonetheless a fascinating read at that!

I have read unusual things happening in favor of Israel in the past but have to say, have never heard of any spiritual intervention when it comes to the Palestinians.

[edit on 1/29/2009 by jdposey]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FlyersFan : Thanks for this post it was pretty hilarious. It seems that Rabbi Yosef has been reading too many Catholic articles, I suppose Israel feel they are entitled to their own Lourdes, Fatima and Merdugorje. Personally i think this is pretty much an old Testamant fantasy - God standing on the side of the jewish victims and giving them the upperhand with his guidance as they are his chosen folk. Rachel doesn't ask "Why are you in the Gaza killing innocent people" - she is helping track down terrorists.

The second part of the story is her turn of phrase:

"What do you care who I am," she said, and whispered – "Rachel."

First she gets all put out by the question , then thinks about it then gently gives her name? Talk about weird behavior.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Rachel Corrie, perhaps? Wouldn't that be ironic.

When I saw the title of this story that's the first name that came to mind.

Actually, doesn't this sound like a continuation of the bloody Old Testament? God told me to kill ______ ?? Kinda'.

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Lourdes, Fatima and Merdugorje.

I've been to Medjugorje. It was a great experience.
Saw some supernatural things while there.
Experienced a few as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Is this like Rachel the terrorist sniffing spectre of Gaza? Who do these people think they are fooling? Oh wait - each other! "God has given you this holy task my son" - if they were muslim at least they would be promised 72 virgins too.

top topics

join