It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddha Boy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I found out about this phenomenon a while ago now although I can’t remember exactly when it was but it has always stuck with me because it is just an amazing and fascinating story because this is just a teenage boy who has (supposedly) been going without food or water for 10 months his name is Ram Bahadur Bomjon and he was born in 1990 so he is very young still he began his meditation on 16 May 2005 in Nepal until he just disappeared on 11 March 2006, and reappeared elsewhere in Nepal on 26 December 2006 only to leave again on 8 March 2007

Here is a picture of the so called Buddha Boy in which people called him because they believe he is the reincarnation of the Buddha

Experiments have been conducted on the teenage boy but from no closer than 3 metres and there was a programme on the discovery channel which got me into this story that did experiments on him the first attempt though showed that their camera's infrared capabilities did not pick up evidence of a body at the base of the tree where Bomjon sat during their non-stop recording however

On a second attempt a few weeks later, however, the film crew was able to film Ram continuously for 96 hours, day and night, during which time he did not drink any fluids or eat any food. According to scientists on the documentary, an average person would be expected to die from kidney failure after four days without drinking any fluids. The boy showed no signs of classical physical deterioration caused by dehydration. A close inspection conducted by the film crew of the area around the tree where Ram was sitting, no hidden food or water pipes were found.
Here are some videos on the boy :

This is the boys first ever preaching from the 2nd August 2007 in the hallori Jungle in which over 3 thousand people turned up to witness

Murder, violence, greed, anger and temptation have made the human world a desperate place. A terrible storm has descended upon the human world, and this is carrying the world towards destruction. There is only one way to save the world and that is through dharma. When one doesn't walk the righteous path of spiritual practice, this desperate world will surely be destroyed. Therefore, follow the path of spirituality and spread this message to your fellows. Never put obstacles, anger and disbelief in the way of my meditation's mission. I am only showing you the way; you must seek it on your own. What I will be, what I will do, the coming days will reveal. Human salvation, the salvation of all living beings, and peace in the world are my goal and my path. "Namo Buddha sangaya, Namo Buddha sangaya, namo sangaya." I am contemplating on the release of this chaotic world from the ocean of emotion, on our detachment from anger and temptation, without straying from the path for even a moment, I am renouncing my own attachment to my life and my home forever, I am working to save all living beings. But in this undisciplined world, my life's practice is reduced to mere entertainment.

The practice and devotion of many Buddhas is directed at the world's betterment and happiness. It is essential but very difficult to understand that practice and devotion. But though it is easy to lead this ignorant existence, human beings don't understand that one day we must leave this uncertain world and go with the Lord of Death. Our long attachments with friends and family will dissolve into nothingness. We have to leave behind the wealth and property we have accumulated. What's the use of my happiness, when those who have loved me from the beginning, my mother, father, brothers, relatives are all unhappy. Therefore, to rescue all sentient beings, I have to be Buddha-mind, and emerge from my underground cave to do vajra meditation. To do this I have to realize the right path and knowledge, so do not disturb my practice. My practice detaches me from my body, my soul and this existence. In this situation there will be 72 goddess Kalis. Different gods will be present, along with the sounds of thunder and of "tangur", and all the celestial gods and goddesses will be doing puja (worship). So until I have sent a message, do not come here, and please explain this to others. Spread spiritual knowledge and spiritual messages throughout the world. Spread the message of world peace to all. Seek a righteous path and wisdom will be yours.

Also it would be great if anything new about this is brought to this thread because I can’t seem to find any new information on his whereabouts or if he has done any new preaches or anything at all it’s as though he has just completely vanished AGAIN!! Also why isn’t there more news coverage on this or any more media attention you would think that if someone is hailed the reincarnation of Buddha then he would get more attention?

[edit on 29/1/2009 by Anti - Government]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I thought this was posted already but maybe not. This was a great documentary. I watched a few months ago after a friend at work mentioned it. After they mentioned he went missing, I did a search and I realised he re-emerged about a week before I saw the documentary. You can see him talk on youtube but theres no english subtitles.

Very interesting and has the potential to inspire many.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I remember reading somewhere that he will return from the wilderness again in 2012.
There's that year again...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
this is just amazing, how someone could survive for that long.
i don't believe that it is a hoax, i believe that it is possible to do what he's achieved, i'm not sure if he's a reincarnation of Buddha but hey what do i know?

it's disgusting how low people will sink to make money

i wonder , when he was at the tree, if the police had the authority to remove him from the sight, that's what would happen in Australia, and most likely America and the UK

great video and great find
S+F

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

Looks like a scam to me, maybe he has good intentions but I bet he was fed in the middle of the night every night while he did exercises.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Wow! I watched all of the videos and I'm amazed, I did some digging and this is what I found.

A missing Nepalese teenager popularly known as "Buddha Boy" reappeared briefly on Sunday, his followers say.The committee managing the meditation site of Ram Bomjan, 16, released video of its members purportedly meeting the boy near his village in southern Nepal.

The boy's meditation and apparent 10-month fast attracted global attention before he vanished in March.

Large numbers of devotees flocked to see him to leave offerings. A massive search operation is still under way

source
wiki

KATMANDU, Nepal — A teenage boy who many believe is the reincarnation of Buddha has re-emerged from the jungle in southern Nepal, attracting thousands of devotees, officials said Tuesday.After retreating into the jungle for more than a year, Ram Bahadur Bamjan, 18, re-emerged Monday near Nijgadh town, about 100 miles (160 kilometers) south of the capital, Katmandu.

Upon hearing the news, thousands of Bamjan's followers, some from as far away as India, traveled to the site Tuesday to see him, police official Abhaya Joshi said by telephone.

There has been no formal declaration by Buddhist authorities that Bamjan is the reincarnation of the Buddha. But people have worshipped the teenager since he was first seen in 2005 meditating in the jungle, where he sat for months, motionless with his eyes closed among the roots of a tree.

Joshi said Bamjan plans to talk to his followers for a few hours every day for a week before returning to the jungle to meditate.

The long-haired Bamjan, dressed in a white cloth, appeared to be in good health as he spoke to his followers about peace and ending discrimination, according to the Rajdhani newspaper.

"It was an amazing experience to hear and see him. I have no doubt now he is the reincarnation of Buddha," said Sangeeta Lama, a woman who met Bamjan for the first time.

Buddhist priests have been divided on whether the boy is truly the reincarnation of Siddhartha Gautama, who was born in southwestern Nepal around 500 B.C. and later became revered as the Buddha, which means Enlightened One.

Video, 'bhudda boy emerges"

Video, "bhudda boy's speech"

[edit on 2-2-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I posted this one a while back
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
yeah, this is old, but i want to address this

But though it is easy to lead this ignorant existence, human beings don't understand that one day we must leave this uncertain world and go with the Lord of Death. Our long attachments with friends and family will dissolve into nothingness. We have to leave behind the wealth and property we have accumulated.

so then, since we all have to see the lord of death one day, then whats the point of caring about what happens anyways? someone ask him that question. freakin spiritualist

i mean, dont get me wrong, i dont want the world to end anytime soon. there is still so much i want to experience, and i want friends and family to experience, but im sayin.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by jimmy1200]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This is another scam perpetrated by the group. Remember the russian girl with the x-ray vision how her whole family where in on the scam, I say same thing here with the locals.

The boy is probably taking suppositories for sustenance.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

This is another scam perpetrated by the group. Remember the russian girl with the x-ray vision how her whole family where in on the scam, I say same thing here with the locals.

The boy is probably taking suppositories for sustenance.

This may seem as scam but with the masters he has trained with it is quite possible for him to trasmute matter, or live on prana.

I have been student of what he pratices for 30 some years with out master to guide me, and I know this is for real, for this young man to attempt to do what he is doing is amazing. He is possibly wiser than those 4 times his age.
As I was once told their are good people on Earth, believe it or not.

He could be like what zup man, been with my homies down in the hood we got dee duds tinkin I the Budda man you gota cee dis man dis is real.

As a side note: If as Christ had stated the mind becoming one and he achives Bodhisaitva, he will be the pure truth walking among men.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I dont doubt the possibility, and though I am not trained, I am very open to various mystical and spiritual possibilities.

I just find the situation highly suspicious, the locals seem very shady to me, in their handling of the situation. (i get this from the vids so could be the filmmaker presenting that way)

Wisdom is something that is gained through experience. This is why we may see brilliant musicians or mathematicians or scientists at very young ages but not philosophers.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Hi yes we talked about this on another thread, rather than type my thoughts Ive just copied my reply from the other thread. Its below:-

"I would just like to add to the debate on whether its possible to go without food and water for years . The following link was sent to me by member Caveman DD.

www.youtube.com... It is in 5 parts and is very interesting.

Its about the Buddha boy of Nepal. He was born only 150 miles away from Buddhas birth place and to a mother of the same name. The locals say he is the reincarnation of Buddha.

Prior to this programme being made this boy had reportedly sat under a tree for 10 months with no food or water. He is constantly exposed to the elements and dangers. At one point he was bitten by a fatal snake bite with no ill effects and tiger prints have been found around his tree.

Stories are told of how lights and auras are seen around him. The locals say because the modern world has not reached Nepal God can still be found there. The boy planned to sit and meditate for 6 years after which he would find total enligtenment and become Buddha. His family control the environment in and around the boy, no one else is allowed within 25 metres of him.

Money is changed hands, donations are given, CDs sold, books wrote and he has brought many riches to his village as hundreds of pilgrims visit every week.

During the filming the BBC find it hard to have a continuous camera placed on the boy, excuses are found to stop filming often, also the boy is covered for parts of the day and night time filming is almost impossible.

The scientist state that to prove his claims of no food or water , filming needs to be continous for at least 4 days as this is the point a person deteriorates.

The film also features Prahlad Jani who has been posted about in this thread. This man is actually filmed for 10 days and is seen speaking . He claims he is living off the sun, the sun light is feeding his chakras with spiritual energy and has no need for food.

Experts have claimed the Buddha boy is practising ancient yogi techniques involving absorption meditation, possibly feeding on air.

At one point the boy is seen bursting into flames (not filmed unfortunatly) leading many to think hes mastered the technique of Tummo. Tummo is where an individual through meditation controls the inner heat. This technique has been put forward for cases of spontaneous human combustion, where a person has burst into flames with no known cause. At this point a red cloak is placed around him.

Finally the BBC get to film him for a full 4 days but no tests or investigations are allowed. Within these 4 days he is seen slightly moving to balance out blood flow. He shows no signs of dehydration or decline , no fits or fainting which should normally happen after 4 days. Apparently the human kidneys fail after 4 days of no water.

An observer states that the red cloak has been placed over him to hide signs of starvation and under closer inspection his bones can be seen sticking out from under this red cloak.

An underactive thyroid gland is given as a possible explanation.

Whatever the truth the boy and his village seem to have been turned into a circus attraction and much money is made.

In the end the boy disappears!! Some say he ascended, others say he was kidnapped for ransom. ( He returned some two years later)

Not sure what to make of it, miracle or myth but its very interesting whatever the truth."

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Mr Green]

top topics

join