It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Won't Grant Blackwater a License

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Iraq Won't Grant Blackwater a License

www.nytimes.com

The Iraqi government has sought in the past to expel Blackwater, but American officials in Iraq who rely on the company’s heavily armed guards for security have said they had no alternative but to continue using the North Carolina-based security contractor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Did the officials that prevented the Iraqi government to cancel the contract in the past, work on behalf of the Bush/Cheney administration?

Did Obama give the Iraqis green light on this because he is really abandoning Iraq? And will Haliburton be next?

Will he hire Blackwater for Afghanistan?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well this is great news. I know not every Blackwater employee was making videos of themselves shooting cars, laughing while they kill, and harassing people with their helicopters, but when some do, it smears it across the face of every other American over there, good and bad alike. No one likes private armies anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
For those that like to know more about Blackwater, its owner and how it operates I recommend the following link:

brasschecktv.com...

Its interviews and lectures by Jeremy Scahill, author of the book: Blackwater, the rise of the worlds most powerful mercenary army.

Scary stuff.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
ah was a bit slow reporting this.... but thanx to the mods once again ive been directed to the right forum

well basically i tryed to post this up as a news after reading it in the guardian today.

i was rather relived that mercenary's like this wont be messing up the very fragile social structure anymore in iraq. because they certainly didn't help. i just feel worried for the Americans. because black water have been given a lot of homeland contracts.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Good...

That's one less terrorist organisation that Iraq has to worry about.
Those vile scum bags shouldn't be welcome in ANY country, the bunch of murdering, retarded scum.

Good riddance...

new topics

top topics

join