It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Obama Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
For some time I've tried to identify what really bothered me about President Obama. Although I disagree with SOME of his politics I knew that wasn't really what it was. After all, I don't agree with all of the politics of any politician and I've never before felt the feeling I’ve had since Senator Obama won the election in November. It’s an honest, worrisome feeling. Just for the record, I also don't think he's the anti-Christ as alot of people, who also feel something “wrong” with him, have decided. It's something more... and I think I have identified it, for me at least.

This video is not political in nature, it is a psychological commentary of President Obama that I feel is right on spot. The video was not made by a political commentator, either professional or armchair, but by a person who's all other videos on YouTube were classical music videos. For some reason, that lends credence to his observations for me. There are just a couple of political comments in this video, however, just try to disregard them, the real value is in the other 99%. Watch it and let me know what you think from a psychological perspective.

[edit on 29/1/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
“I suspect, Obama himself, might be growing increasingly disturbed by the idolatry and the expectations that have been thrust upon him. I wouldn’t be surprised also if he is beginning to feel a little bit of contempt towards these people who have thrust these expectations and idolatry upon him.”

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
“I suspect, Obama himself, might be growing increasingly disturbed by the idolatry and the expectations that have been thrust upon him.

I DO NOT believe that he is disturbed by the idolatry. Afterall - he is responsible for a great deal of it. His constant narcissistic self-messianic language helped build it. HE STARTED IT.

I DO believe he is probably disturbed by the fact that people now have expectations and his followers want him to do what he said he would. That's my personal belief in the matter.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sorry, posted on the wrong thread. That's what I get for not drinking my cup of coffee before reading.

[edit on 1/29/2009 by Sir Solomon]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I believe Obama feeds off idolatry and people going crazy over him. I also believe that his administration will make decisions, for the most part, that flow with public opinion in order to maintain his popularity. Whether this is good or not only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
My Observations of the Video:

I don’t understand the claim that supporters have tried to silence opponents of Obama AT ALL. Disagreement and debate does not equate to an attempt to silence! I see this claim all over, but nothing to back it up. (Right now, I’m not trying to silence anyone. I’m DISAGREEING. Please try to understand the difference. I am as free to disagree and make my points as anyone. That is NOT an attempt to silence.)

Proof that people aren’t trying to silence Obama opponents includes the fact that SEVERAL lawsuits have gone as far as the Supreme Court with the RIDICULOUS notion that Obama wasn’t even born here. With NO evidence. There are innumerable articles and blogs on the Internet and in “news shows” such as FOX News that Obama is a Muslim, a foreigner, a terrorist sympathizer, unpatriotic, a criminal, an Arab, a racist, illegitimate, and more. This is NOT silence, people! This is expression of opinion... Obama supporters DISAGEREE and present evidence to the contrary, but that doesn’t make you a victim of being “silenced”.

Grumpy Guy starts right off comparing Obama to Hitler.

A couple Black Panthers tried to intimidate voters. TWO. This was not a supported effort by Obama or his campaign. If it was, we would have heard more about instances all over the country and it would have been a lot more successful. Hitler’s Brown Shirts organized and were active all over the country and they were under the command of Hitler. The comparison is absolutely ludicrous. These 2 Black Panthers were just a couple of thugs with nothing better to do.

I’m sorry - I got as far as comparisons to David Koresh, Jim Jones and Saddam Hussien and I lost interest. To present this video as some sort of unbiased non-political source is a huge error. It’s nothing BUT political propaganda. The pictures of dead people and exploding bombs prove that it’s propaganda. That it’s filed under “education” is a joke.

The video was not made by a political commentator, either professional or armchair, but by a person who's all other videos on YouTube were classical music videos.

If that's what lends credence to his opinion for you, I think you'd better look again.

Old Grumpy Guy Questions Obama's 30-Minute Ad
Old Grumpy Guy Admits his Prejudices Against Obama
Old Grumpy Guy makes fun of Obama's Race
Old Grumpy Guy Rails on Democrats Obama, Pelosi, Dean as "POD People"

Old Grumpy Guy has been against Obama from the start. He's the same as all the other sore losers who have some sort of agenda to turn the country away from the good, hopeful feelings we have about having an intelligent, thoughtful, COMPETENT president, after 8 years of being "led" by a monkey.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
My Observations of the Video:

I don’t understand the claim that supporters have tried to silence opponents of Obama AT ALL. Disagreement and debate does not equate to an attempt to silence! I see this claim all over, but nothing to back it up. (Right now, I’m not trying to silence anyone. I’m DISAGREEING. Please try to understand the difference. I am as free to disagree and make my points as anyone. That is NOT an attempt to silence.)

Proof that people aren’t trying to silence Obama opponents includes the fact that SEVERAL lawsuits have gone as far as the Supreme Court with the RIDICULOUS notion that Obama wasn’t even born here. With NO evidence. There are innumerable articles and blogs on the Internet and in “news shows” such as FOX News that Obama is a Muslim, a foreigner, a terrorist sympathizer, unpatriotic, a criminal, an Arab, illegitimate, and more. This is NOT silence, people! This is expression of opinion... Obama supporters DISAGEREE and present evidence to the contrary, but that doesn’t make you a victim of being “silenced”.

Grumpy Guy starts right off comparing Obama to Hitler.

A couple Black Panthers tried to intimidate voters. TWO. This was not a supported effort by Obama or his campaign. If it was, we would have heard more about instances all over the country and it would have been a lot more successful. Hitler’s Brown Shirts organized and were active all over the country and they were under the command of Hitler. The comparison is absolutely ludicrous. These 2 Black Panthers were just a couple of thugs with nothing better to do.

I’m sorry - I got as far as comparisons to David Koresh, Jim Jones and Saddam Hussien and I lost interest. To present this video as some sort of unbiased non-political source is a huge error. It’s nothing BUT political propaganda. The pictures of dead people and exploding bombs prove that it’s propaganda. That it’s filed under “education” is a joke.

The video was not made by a political commentator, either professional or armchair, but by a person who's all other videos on YouTube were classical music videos.

If that's what lends credence to his opinion for you, I think you'd better look again.

Old Grumpy Guy Questions Obama's 30-Minute Ad
Old Grumpy Guy Admits his Prejudices Against Obama
Old Grumpy Guy makes fun of Obama's Race
Old Grumpy Guy Rails on Democrats Obama, Pelosi, Dean as "POD People"

Old Grumpy Guy has been against Obama from the start. He's the same as all the other sore losers who have some sort of agenda to turn the country away from the good, hopeful feelings we have about having an intelligent, thoughtful, COMPETENT president, after 8 years of being "led" by a monkey.

I'm really sorry you couldn't get past the politics. I really wanted a discussion on the psychology of it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I believe Obama feeds off idolatry and people going crazy over him. I also believe that his administration will make decisions, for the most part, that flow with public opinion in order to maintain his popularity. Whether this is good or not only time will tell.

Yes, but the scary part is what happens when he starts losing control of his popularity. Think of the pressure he must be under to maintain this worship of him? He's got to have it .. what happens when he starts to lose it as always happens eventually?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Think of the pressure he must be under to maintain this worship of him? He's got to have it ..

What evidence do you have that "He's got to have it"? That's a total assumption on your part.

I really wanted a discussion on the psychology of it.

Yeah... Then perhaps you should reference something besides a political propaganda piece.

Cult Formation
The Psychology Behind Cults/Religion
Failure of Leadership
Why Leaders Fail

Instead of an obvious Anti-Obama propaganda film made by some dude with NO obvious education on the subject called "Old Grumpy Guy". If you want a serious discussion instead of a "Let's rag on Obama thread" (and I have my doubts about that), then maybe you could pick a serious reference. Of course, none of the links above mention Obama as comparable to Hitler... or mention Obama at all...

And since I think this is just another "Let's rag on Obama thread", I won't "try to silence" anyone by further expressing my opinions here. Have at it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Think of the pressure he must be under to maintain this worship of him? He's got to have it ..

What evidence do you have that "He's got to have it"? That's a total assumption on your part.

None, just my take on him and usually I'm very good at sizing people up by observing. That's all.. nothing more.. nothing more needed.

I really wanted a discussion on the psychology of it.

Yeah... Then perhaps you should reference something besides a political propaganda piece.

Sigh.. perhaps... but please.. if you can get past it I'd love to discuss it with you.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

You know, the crazy hope of the people, that Obama could solve the problems, is an indication, actually, for their hopelessness! People want to stick to their old system of capitalism, of admiring male strength and all this. But, you know, this is just doomed
The next step of humankind will be towards real freedom, where everyone thinks for himself. Meditation will be admired and spiritual growth.

Obama is just one of the best guys of the old system, a transition to something totally new. Yet people cant imagine this.

Think and feel for yourself. The feeling about Obama, isnt it some kind of feeling like: I hope it so much, so much, but honestly its just impossible.

You know, it is impossible.

top topics

join