It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police tell crime victims:We'll only come and see you if you book an appointment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Police tell crime victims: 'We'll only come and see you if you book an appointment

www.dailymail.co.uk

Police have told victims of crime they will only come and see them if they have made an appointment.

Up until recently, Norfolk Constabulary have seen people within four hours if the incident is considered 'non-urgent'.

But from now on, crime victims will have to agree a time for a visit - which could be a day or more after the event.

Offences put in this category include burglary and some harassment cases.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: fixed title]

[edit on 29-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 29-1-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I guess until now a 4 hour response time was acceptable?

How many "harassment" cases end up in rape or murder?

It's like pretending a "restraining order" does anything at all.

Dont worry ma'am. I understand that there are several people torturing your dog in the yard, throwing pieces of it at your house and shouting about how they are going to rape you, kill you, then rape your corpse but this harassment case requires you make an appointment with our offices.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: fixed title]

[edit on 29-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It's been like it a long time, three years ago my mothers ex was a nightmare and would come to the house with the intention of smashing it up every time he had a drink, even came once with a air rifle and threatened to shoot me and my two younger brothers. I rang the police and even with him in the background trying to smash the door down all they said was they were to busy.They ended up turning up 6 hours later. The police are a joke in the UK too busy issuing speeding tickets.My worry always was what would he have done to my mother if i hadn't been there.Because the police are not going protect her.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Its better not to depend on the police.
Second line.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
Its better not to depend on the police.
Second line.

It certainly is. Call 911 and die as it were. No police force can get to you as fast as you can shoot a burglar but this is the UK we're talking about. Only the burglars have the guns.

Anybody home alone has nothing to keep thugs at bay except a lock on the door.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
just tell them if they dont come "now" you will sort it yourslf, with fists.

lol, it worked for me!

[edit on 29-1-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This is a good example on why people must start depending on themselves rather than government. When shtf the government may not be able to get to you, even if you make an appointment.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
For some reason when i saw this thread title i knew it would be in the UK. The police here are appauling if you want a quick response. My friends neighbour was being burgaled in broad daylight by some blokes loading the stuff into a van. He challenged them and they threatened him back. He called the police and told them what was happening and they said they were busy. They turned up the following morning!

It never ceases to amaze me just how bad things have got here in the UK, just when you think it cant get worse it does.
I am buying myself a decent air rifle & a crossbow just for such a situation & for when tshtf/situation X happens.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Best thing to do is keep something heavy and 'swingable' ie baseball bat for you Americans and/ or a cricket bat for us Brits by the door.

Failing that if someone is battering your door down or trying to and you have to ring the police , quote to them " I have a collection of Samurai swords in my front room/ or a bat ( delete as applicable) and if I have to use them to protect me and my family then I won't be held responsible".

You watch how quick they'll come round then.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
This is a good example on why people must start depending on themselves rather than government. When shtf the government may not be able to get to you, even if you make an appointment.

absoloutely, and one of the reasons I am envious of the gun laws in the US.

On the subject matter with the UK police, this is what happens when frustrated marxists filter through and run the establishment, they view crime as a social problem, not really the fault of the criminals, so, in effect those members of society phoning for assistance as part of the problem............

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
" But , But Officer , he burst through my door, punched me in the face and then skewered himself on my samurai sword after repeatedly slashing himself with it. Honest"..

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Your right about having a decent hand weopon within reach, the only downside is that it can be used against you very quickly when your that close to someone. I still have something similar though.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder so, in effect those members of society phoning for assistance as part of the problem............

Nice. Your bigoted intolerance to the individual punching your grandmother in the face and stealing all of your belongings is driving him to continue punching your grandmother in the face and steal your belongings.

Gotta love this "hug a murderer" nonsense.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

I thought your swords were made illegal this past Summer. Are your grandfathered in or something?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by blueorder so, in effect those members of society phoning for assistance as part of the problem............

Nice. Your bigoted intolerance to the individual punching your grandmother in the face and stealing all of your belongings is driving him to continue punching your grandmother in the face and steal your belongings.

shouldnt laugh really but there is something very british about that statement!

[edit on 29/1/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Don't think theyre Illegal (yet) you can still have a display as far as I know, But your not allowed to sell knives and such to under 18's.

I'm a little over that, besides My unc used to run a gun club when they were legal and still has some weapons from that era ( all deactivated of course).
Last I heard he still had 'ye olde' sword canes though, they were neat.

Stand corrected :

news.bbc.co.uk...

I'll have to invest in an 'antique' Samurai sword then

Or I will have to invest in a 'feather duster' ( hhmm, a a Freddie Krueger 4 duster gloved approach) and tickle the burglar till the police show up seeing as 'knuckle dusters' are illegal

[edit on 29/1/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

yep, or if someone punched you and nicked your phone, you were clearly oppressing the person with your extravagant kulak ways, so in effect it was your own fault

new topics

top topics

join