It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq won't allow Blackwater to operate in country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Iraq won't allow Blackwater to operate in country

Full article on link below
news.yahoo.com...

"BAGHDAD – Iraq will not allow Blackwater Worldwide to continue providing security protection for U.S. diplomats in the country, Iraqi and U.S. officials said Thursday.

Blackwater's image in Iraq was irrevocably tarnished by the September 2007 killing of 17 Iraqi civilians in Nisoor Square. Five former Blackwater guards pleaded not guilty Jan. 6 in federal court in Washington to manslaughter and gun charges in that shooting".

So no more Blackwater Terrorist in Iraq.... Surely a good thing no?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I don't know about a "good thing" but if they don't feel comfortable with the company working there then so be it! as far as I'm concerned let them make their own choices on how to run thier country now.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

I believe that it would be a good thing for a few reasons.... First off is that Blackwater have been proven to be trigger happy civilian killers, that is fact.
But also Blackwater and other Security companys take away funding and resources that should go to the troops on the ground and to rebuilding infrastructure, creating jobs for Iraqi's and not to mention they recruit from the military thus enticing troops to leave the forces creating a retention problem.

But your point is the most valid..... Its up to the Iraqi's

Peace

Long Shen

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Good deal. They got what they deserved. Dyncorp and Triple Canopy will pick up the slack from them for diplomatic security.

new topics

top topics

join