It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin urges reserve currency move

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Putin urges reserve currency move

news.bbc.co.uk

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has told the Davos economic forum it is dangerous for the world to over-rely on the dollar as its reserve currency.

He called for a range of reserve currencies and said he envisaged the emergence of several strong regional currencies in the future.

He advised against isolationism and state economic control as ways out of a "perfect storm" in the world economy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

"Excessive dependence on what is essentially the only reserve currency is dangerous for the world economy, therefore it would be expedient to encourage an objective process for the emergence of several strong regional currencies in the future," he said.

Yeah ok here we go. Dump the dollar and shift reserves. Does this strike anybody as something along the lines of NWO?

As the power base shifts away from the dollar and the US we will see how the globe pulls itself out of his crises.
I wonder how they will do it?
STAY tuned

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It would suck for the US but for the rest of the world moving to a new reserve currency would make sense.
Our govt. and the fed just keep printing trillions by the day and devaluing our currency as fast as they can.
Why should the rest of the world put up with it?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

You know I was thinking the same exact thing tonight at dinner so I logged on to surf and then saw this and wam it all fell into place.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Edgar Cayce said something along the lines of Russia becoming the hope of the world and I have to agree that it is looking more and more like it. Putin is against a unipolar aka NWO styled world as much as the ordinary and powerless masses. He wants to see a balance of powers, not a single (fascist) one as planned by the Zionists. The abandonment of the US Reserve status in favour of currencies backed by gold would be my choice as no-one, especially banksters and governments can manipulate it. When currencies are backed by gold inflationary and deflationary busts become a thing of the past and taxation too, in the ideal state. As I understand it income taxes are a relatively new tax and were not required before gold backed currencies were first diluted and later largely abandoned.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Who prints the currency in Russia? How does it work there? For that matter. who prints the Euro?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
No reserve currency required if the main trading currencies are backed by gold rather than a fiat reserve currency. Yes, I know the US is supposed to have a large stash of gold at Fort Knox, but as independent audits have been refused for over fifty years, then the vaults have probably been emptied already, so what exactly does back the currency given the US is now in such a dire financial state. Perhaps it is backed by the military as it seems according to the UN Crime Chief that the banks in the US are currently only afloat due to money laundered opium money from the war in Afghanistan. For further information please read the following short article at cryptogon.com...

A single world power which only allows for a single currency of trade can only lead to the mess we now find the entire world in. Yes it has been highly advantageous to the US, but not to other countries. It is a pox on the world like any parasite.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

It does not matter who prints the currency if it is backed by gold.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nineteen
reply to post by zazzafrazz

It does not matter who prints the currency if it is backed by gold.

As long as there's greed, there will be no new currency backed by gold.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Nineteen

Do you honestly believe the bankers and the elite will just let go of their control because a few heads of states say so? This is going to be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few years and I think there is some money to be made playing one against the other.

Besides I think this whole crises has been engineered from the top.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Slayer, or can I call you 69? Everyone goes on about about the missing gold at Knox, and the FED and the American banking system. You've peaked my interest. I dont know enough about how Europe does its banking, they may be backed by gold, but is the Euro backed only, or is it exchangeable for gold like the OLD greenback?

Europe is a big part of the picture, I should learn more about it. Any one sided, anti-establishment reads or docos you can rcommend? or will I have to research myself the old fashioned way...GOOGLE

[edit on 29-1-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
No they will not willingly let go of their Ponzi system of control, but they may be forced to as it collapses down on itself. Fiat currencies are notoriously short lived so you would have to wonder what nasty little plans they have for the world. Fascism seems to ring a bell especially given similarities to pre-WW2 Germany where quite a few of these banksters parents emigrated from not so long ago.

The collapse must have been engineered as you suggest given that this is how JP Morgan and companies of the same ilk have done so well for themselves in the past, but there are rumours that even they may go under this time, which will give the world a great opportunity to rid itself of entrenched corruption of the type that leads to these disasters.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
We as Americans won't do jack diddly squat about the Federal Reserve and our fatally flawed money system, so the rest of the world will...

It's our fault and ours alone.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

There is now a possibility that China will buy gold and no longer support T bills.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I would have been more impressed if Putin had pointed out that the World Central Banking model and it's usurious 'fractional reserve lending' scam is what MAKES a reserve currency dangerous, especially since they have a monopoly on the production and value of the dollar.

But somehow, politicians, diplomats and their puppet-masters always manage to 'overlook' the 900 pound gorilla in the room.

That's OK, the CFR and it's 'elite' ilk will simply allow them to slip into any new currency model through the back door, just like the UN slips into our national policy and uses our soldiers to do their dirty work.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

This may lead to an all out trade war. stay tuned

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Who prints the currency in Russia? How does it work there? For that matter. who prints the Euro?

On the edge of Euro coins it says they are made in America
, Denver usually

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by ImaNutter

There is now a possibility that China will buy gold and no longer support T bills.

Gold doesn't pay interest, you act like if China stops buying U.S. Treasuries we will be totally screwed, which is not true at all. If China stops buying the yields will go up, and the Bonds will become attractive again to someone. Then of course if Yields go up, then U.S. consumers will save more, and our own banks will be able to buy Treasuries as a result. Economics...I swear it works

[edit on 30-1-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
and then they trashed the ruble for him saying it (see article on bloomberg).

new topics

top topics

join