It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chain of fools: cuffed escapees' run in with pole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Just to inject a little humour into everyone's day, I ran across this article about a foiled escape plan. Do read on it's hilarious...

www.smh.com.au...

It was less than a Great Escape.

Two New Zealand prisoners who were handcuffed together as they fled a courthouse foiled their own getaway when they ran to opposite sides of a light pole, slammed into each other and fell to the ground.

Jailers nabbed them as they struggled to their feet.

Their escapade yesterday was captured by a CCTV camera at Hastings District Court on New Zealand's North Island. The footage shows the two men trying to make a break for it - but apparently forgetting they were joined at the wrist.

I am having a little trouble tracking down a copy of the footage, if anyone finds it please feel free to post it here - I have to see this with my own two eyes

Hastings police Senior Sgt Dave Greig said one inmate, Regan Reti, 20, had just been sent to prison for more than two years after being convicted of assault.

The other inmate, Tiranara White, 21, was in custody for allegedly stealing a car and violating parole.

"As they were being led from the Hastings police cells ... they made a bolt for freedom," Greig said today.

"They fell over and they were sprayed with pepper spray. But they got up and ran out of the court onto the street, across the road to a car park," he said. "That's where they met the pole - it was all over, rover."

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
If Looney Tunes taught me one thing, it was to watch for telephone & light poles when chained to another person and running for your lives.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Found it!!!

Apparently it's making news as far away as Canada. These guys are NEVER going to live this down....

Enjoy

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
LOL oh goodness that's to funny, Just watching them run right in to that pole,

I bet they felt rather silly and even more so now that the whole world is talking about it lol,

poor fellas, Hopefully the shame will teach them a much needed lesson,

top topics

join