It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is 1 accepted and not another?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I was thinking about certain topics that occasionally come up....time travellors ...etc....posting and alien abduction stories. Now I see these time travellors...etc posting going on for awhile....then we have people who post how it is all BS...( I certianly think so...anyways
). Then a forum moderator comes on and either closes the thread or just comes and calls it a hoax and bans the poster. My question is this...why are time travellers and all the other ones, for instance, the ones where people claim to know all the answers....either meeting God or whoever, why are their threads closed and posters banned when alien abduction stories are exactly the same. They both have wild stories and are unable to prove thier stories. Why is one banned or thier thread closed but not the other...I think it would only be fair to either allow both...(no matter how full of rubbish...we normal people believe it to be) to run thier course on ATS or ban both posters or at least closed thier threads.

P.S. I am for the latter and believe that both should be not allowed as niether can offer any proof. If your going to ban or close someones thread then at least do it for both...to be fair.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by riggs2099]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
You'd be better off posting this in a forum that deals with forum issues, me thinks.

Just a heads up!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Yeah I would post it here its the board buisness and questions forum. It's for the questions you have about ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I agree to an extent. But you would have to include the paranormal ones too. You can not prove them true even with pictures. It is a slippery slope my friend.

Or put it here this is the ATS issues thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It's more than likely going to be moved over there anyway.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Would it be fair to say that some of the "alien contact" threads are quite pausible in their content? Why? Because there is a vast amount of information available on the internet on UFOs and the ETH, and it is also also one of the most popular fringe interests, so any would be hoaxer has at their disposal an inordinate amount of information to draw upon to bolster their claims.

And everyone has an opinion on this subject, but no one has scome forward with a verifiable claim to know the absolute truth. It is open to anyone with a need to "belong", and its database can be used and abused at will. So any valid opinion, or familiar scenario, offered for discussion in a thread is acceptable as long as it is relatively well presented.

Time travellers and those who say they've met God have a harder time.

Time travel is discussed by physicists and quantum theorists as being a real, but as yet unattainable, possibility. We have theoretical laws already in place to explain just how it could work in practice. It is not ignored by the mainstream, therefore has a much more established place in society. Rarely do you read of it being described as completely impossible, just, at present, improbable.

Meeting God and religion are, well, such delicate and emotive subjects that their discussion could well bring up all the wrong arguments leading to bigotry and intolerance.

This is not to say that the same subjects have not been discussed at length on ATS, but in far more subtle terminology.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Who decides that one is plausible and another is not? If I had come on ATS and claimed to be an angel/vampire/demon...etc, my posts would be banned or my thread would be closed...yet you have someone claiming to be abducted and they are allowed to continue to tell thier tall tales. WHY?...I mean I would have about as much evidence as them...which is nothing but my word. Basically all I am saying if the mods feel that they are protecting or just basicaly stopping the board from flooding up with junk...then why allow abduction stories to go on. At least with UFO believers(the ones who believe that ufo are alien crafts) they offer some evidence...of course most is wishful thinking but at least it is something to back up thier claims. What do the time travellers/speaking to god/ knowing the truth about everything/alien abductions offer...NOTHING..not a single piece of evidence to go with thier stories.

new topics

join