It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Video Game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
kojima has already discussed this, i remember reading it. Was done intentionally, and he even plays on this when snake in MGS2 calls himself ''pliskin''. No conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CleaverMachete

Apparently, the conspiracy goes beyond Metal Gear Solid

vision.pcvsconsole.com...

Escape from New York (1981) and Escape from L.A. (1996) main character is Snake Plissken. Which Konami series has a similar character? Metal Gear! Hideo Kojima has even admitted that Solid Snake was inspired by Snake Plissken.

Stargate (1994) is inspired by Egyptology (Ra, Anubis, etc.). Which Konami series is inspired by Epyptology? Zone of the Enders!

Backdraft (1991) is about firefighters with main character Stephen "Bull" McCaffrey and a mysterious series of arsons. Which Konami game is inspired by firefighters and arson? Firefighter F.D. 18!

I'd call this plausible if someone can cite Kojima's inspiration for Solid Snake as coming from Snake Plissken.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
kojima has already discussed this, i remember reading it. Was done intentionally, and he even plays on this when snake in MGS2 calls himself ''pliskin''. No conspiracy.

WHOOPS! I totally remember that part where he used Pliskin as a name now....ahahaha

What do we call a Conspiracy that has been proven and is out in the open now?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

star and flag my post, why didnt ne one here remember this??

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

ok sorry i flipped out =)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

ok i found another one, mel gibson, now is this a conspiracy or not? maybe. the only thing that boggles my mind is that this dude had the money to pay the top actors at that time to be models for his characters. i understand if he had one character done after soemone famous, but this many? and most in one game ? is just plain weird to me

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

omg

now i have to put up with a WOW Film...

lol i did like hitman the movie tho!! games waaaay better, but that girl was HOT in hitman lol

meh

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
mgs.moviechronicles.com... ok i found a website that shows all the movies that inspired Hideo Kojimas metal gear series, interestingly he does not mention escape from ny/la
so whoever said that he did make snake after snake plissken show your proof please.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by CleaverMachete]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CleaverMachete

mate take a long hard look at what has been said and lay off the payoti...in metal gear solid two, he intentionally made snake call himself PLISKIN like PLISKIN in ESCAPE FROM LA...earlier snake looked a touched diffrent, he changed the look. IT was on IGN, its just likeness being used, might be infriging some copy right laws but it was slight likeness he is ued. Done in video games all the time. Funny how in resident evil 2, the cop looks a lot like will smith (lol)

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745
I really doubt the great Sean Connery would agree to star in some infantile video game movie

that could never happen. at least nothing close to it!...

voice in video game - From Russia With Love
www.imdb.com...

movies that all had video games made of them - which more than likely ... made more money than the movie themselves...
harkening the thought that the movies may well be publicity adverts for the merchandise.. as is the norm in many areas of Entertainment....

League of Extrordinary Gentlemen-
www.imdb.com...

Dragonheart-
www.imdb.com...

Avengers-
www.imdb.com...

Sean Connery is above all that silly "video game stuff"

-

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CleaverMachete
mgs.moviechronicles.com... ok i found a website that shows all the movies that inspired Hideo Kojimas metal gear series, interestingly he does not mention escape from ny/la
so whoever said that he did make snake after snake plissken show your proof please.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by CleaverMachete]

Actually I noticed this too - On these "official" Kojima interviews and movie lists where he lists his inspiration from different movies....Escape from NY\LA is not mentioned at all.

The only thing that really links the two is the scene in the game where Snake claims that his name is Pliskin.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
reply to post by Nick_X

star and flag my post, why didnt ne one here remember this??

You'll get a star if you can provide URL to the Kojima interview script where he confirms the link between Snake Pliskin and Solid Snake

top topics

<< 1   >>

join