It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Vision of Today's College Students (A-must-watch-video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I don't really see why people are blaming the students or even what exactly they're blaming them for - honestly, a lot of what's in that video could apply to dedicated, intelligent students. I felt like it missed the point in some ways.

I think a problem is that too many careers require college degrees but don't require said degree to be in any way applicable to the area of work. Some people may have set goals they're working towards, but they could be planning on a career that doesn't really have college classes for it but for which they still need the degree (or where one would at least give them a much better chance of being hired). At one point I was considering going into the publishing industry, and it was that kind of situation.

With the cost of tuition college usually has to be just the means to the end; if the education was the end in itself a lot of people couldn't afford it.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Viscount

I think you missed one point in the video... technology.

Many of the students that are using technology today are using it for the wrong reasons... it is not helping us become more educated, but instead it is distracting us from education.

Myspace, Facebook, itunes, ATS (lol)... the list goes on and on.

and now we are depending on this technology to educate us.

I know I waisted hundred of dollars on text books I opened very seldomly. I had the internet that could serve as my library...

And it's not only technology... it's the fact that we are required to take a test that really only tests how good our memory is.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join