It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Scoffs: D.C. Needs "Flinty Chicago Toughness"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Obama Scoffs: D.C. Needs "Flinty Chicago Toughness"

www.nbcwashington.com

It's no secret that D.C.-area schools have a history of closing at the drop of a snowflake.

But the concept seems very foreign to President Barack Obama, who experienced the practice firsthand Wednesday when his daughters' school, Sidwell Friends, closed due to snow and ice.

"My children's school was canceled today, because of what, some ice?" Obama said during a photo opportunity with economic leaders, who began chuckling. "As my children pointed out, in Chicago, school is never canceled..
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wjla.com

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I find it highly interesting that a South Pacific Raised individual attempts to Mock others, and act as if he has some "Winter Weather Hardiness". Not to mention the fact that Obama is poking fun at a situation which has currently lead towards the deaths of OVER 20 Individuals, as well as Power Outages for OVER 1 Million Households.

As for the D.C. Area, I was just outside of the City today, and one of the Major Roadways was nothing but SOLID Ice. There was upwards of 1/4 to 1/2 Inch of Solid White Ice, as well as Chunks of Frozen Snow everywhere. The Snow topped out at about 4 Inches, but add the Up to 1/2 Inch of Ice on top of that, and you can imagine the danger posed by such. I actually had to strap on my Boot Ice Treads in order to walk up the Sidewalk this Morning, and I actually went sliding down my Driveway before I did that, and had to catch onto the Door Handle of a Family car, in order to stop.

Also, my Alaskan Husky slipped and fell squat on her bottom today, even when the Temperatures were above Freezing. She has NEVER slipped on any amount of Snow or Ice before, so this really caught me by surprise. If she slipped, then most certainly People were slipping and falling as well. At least she had fun though, lol.

Bottom line though, I find President Obama's comments to be completely Arrogant and Pompous in Nature. Chicago might have vast amounts of Lake Effect Snow and such, but the Washington, D.C. area has ICE, and HILLS. Try walking/driving up hills with a 21%+ Grade, while the Street is Glazed over like a Hockey Rink. It is really not funny.

www.nbcwashington.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Really?

You must be easily offended.

Seems like some DC residents have thin skin.
That's probably why they hate the cold.

No problems here though with the joke.
Though it is slippery outside.

Breaking Alternative News indeed.

new topics

join