It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationists send Attenborough hate mail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
au.news.yahoo.com...

Sir David Attenborough receives hate mail over his belief in evolution, the British broadcaster and naturalist has revealed.

Sir David is preparing for more letters telling him to "burn in hell" when his latest television show, a documentary on Charles Darwin's theory of evolution, is aired in the UK on Sunday.

"They tell me to burn in hell and good riddance," Sir David told Radio Times magazine.

The one thing that amazes me about the creationist perspective is the fact that these so-called 'Christians' whom live their lives supposedly by the 'Word of God' do not find it hard to slander and insult people when it serves their purposes. In fact they excuse it by calling it 'God's will'.

I would submit that it is one of the more anti-Christian things a Christian could do. Sir David Attenborough has a set of beliefs which conflict with their own and yet instead of attempting to discuss it in a public debate or somesuch, they would prefer to send insults and threats that he is going to burn in hell. In my younger years when I attended church I cannot remember a single place in the Bible which allows for this.

I have since woken up to myself, and while I see a few hitches in the theory of evolution - it makes a whole lot more sense to me than some invisible guy in the sky clapping his hands and 'poof' out pops Earth.

These so-called 'Christians' have much to answer for I believe. They are walking contradictions in my opinion and need a good kick up the rectum.

(Just FYI for all the Christians about to come in here and abuse me, I am married to the daughter of a very prolific Christian music composer known worldwide. He has since left the church and I have had many a long discussion about these very issues with him - to which he has looked into himself and fully agrees with my perspective.)

The popular 82-year-old said people often asked him why he did not "give credit" in his programs to God for creating the natural world.

"They always mean beautiful things like hummingbirds," Sir David said.

"I always reply by saying that I think of a little child in East Africa with a worm burrowing through his eyeball.

"The worm cannot live in any other way, except by burrowing through eyeballs. I find that hard to reconcile with the notion of a divine and benevolent creator."

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Good point, Christians are prone to very UN-christ like behaviour whenever they need to actually put they're faith aside and think for a moment.

It's nice to see the look of fear in they're eyes when the question "What would Jesus do?" doesn't apply to their current situation.

Funny how the church is also trying to convince people there are Ninjas on their lawn.

HA

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
When it comes to faith, there is no 'argument'. You simply can't reason with it. I guess that's the point.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I just wanted to bump this thread for fear of it being brushed aside and forgotten about. I believe the article sends a clear message about the belief systems of many Christians worldwide.

These creationist supporters wholeheartedly believe in the 'Miracle of God' and his 'wondrous love for all things He created' and yet they show none of this so-called 'Love' to others that dare to challenge their views. It is, in my mind, somewhat a mob-mentality - alone they cannot actually justify their actions and deeds yet when placed in a group of like minded individuals they believe that they are entitled to abuse and slander those who disagree.

Maxmars, your point on faith has reminded me of a line from a movie called 'Red Planet' about a group of astronauts sent to Mars to find out why their attempts to terraform the planet have failed. One of the crew is a believer in creation and brings the subject up around the dinner table one night. The geneticist of the group replies:

"Faith! I had a girlfriend named Faith! She cheated on me, with a girl named Chastity."

Then again I could pick up a rock one day, turn it over and see "Made by God" stamped underneath it. Don't think that is ever going to happen though....

top topics

join