It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bart Simpson: Voice of Scientology

page: 1.
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hmmm, could this simply be another method to attaract members to this cult errr........ religion? They do seem to prey on celebrities who lets face it are not always the brightest tools in the shed. Maybe they are looking at a different demographic and this is one means to do so.

The Simpsons has never been one to shy away from poking fun at organized Judeo-Christian religions. But not because Springfield's first family is aspiring to thetan level seven.

Show producers have denied any involvement with a Scientology-promoting voicemail recorded by Nancy Cartwright, who has provided the voice of Bart Simpson for 20 years, in which she advertises her current auditing level—new OT VII—and invites recipients of the message to the church's Flag World Tour event Jan. 31 in Hollywood, at which Cartwright is scheduled to speak.

But while her show might not be connected to the call, she sure didn't mind connecting her call to the show. The message begins with her saying, "Yo, what's happenin' man, this is Bart Simpson. Haha. Just kidding, don't hang up, this is Nancy Cartwright."http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.eonline.com/81251-

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If people are stupid enough to be swayed to join Scientology by the voice of a 10 year old boy, then let them join!

Will keep them out of the more serious religions.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I posted a thread about this right about the same time you did. I did a search and didn't see it. I told the mods to close my thread because of this existing one.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
If people are stupid enough to be swayed to join Scientology by the voice of a 10 year old boy, then let them join!

Will keep them out of the more serious religions.

yeah! .. like Raelianism.

-

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Who cares about Bart Simpson anymore? The best time to try something like this was 15 years ago. I wish that show would die off already.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This show has been a dying horse for many years now. Take him out to the field with a rifle and take care of him. The cheesy references to celebrities in the newer ones reminds me of when celebrities would be on scooby doo. They dont really tie in to the story they are just there. Something like homer goes somewhere and sees Britney spears and is like "Oh my god, its britney spears!" and she tells a little joke or gets caught in some mischief with him. BORING. And the jokes of the new ones seem very much trying to copy off of family guy with the off the wall humor they really didnt use to have. END IT.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Hello FredT. I am one of the few members on here that have been researching CoS for a very long time.. 12 years and counting.

Ive been at this long before Anon came around..

I can say this... CoS is no worse than most religions this world over. Granted they are a newly founded religion. And its easy to see they are all about the money! This groups gets stars onboard and gives them all special rights that normal members do not have.
These stars are given free rain to do what they please. In essence turning a blind eye to the real nature of this "church". I use that term lightly.. But fair is fair right.

What church does not exert its belief or try to in governmental affairs or have secretive efforts to gain influence ? Do not Christians, Muslims, Hindus etc. have influence in Government policy? What church does not expect Tithe of some sort? What Church does not have members lobbying or in Government positions that affect all of us? Where were all the Anon's last year? Did not Muslims riot over free speech in Newspaper Cartoon Editorials? People Died, if thats not stifling free speech not sure what is. Do Christians not try to outlaw abortion, birth control, the list is far to long to put here. Who Ran Europe until maybe 100 years ago? Who runs most Muslim Nations? Have you looked South of the Border Lately, who is trying to run that Government and have made significant inroads? Would it not be the Fundamentalist Religious Right?

Now Im not defending CoS.. I am a long time critic of this group. And their methods are very questionable.
Such as their fair game policy. And disconnection tatics used to break apart famlies..
However they have been given the right to do as they please by our government.. Other governments have not allowed them such rights.
And rightfully so.

I have always suggested to Anon and others.. You want to bring down CoS. You can not attack the church itself.. Hit them where it hurts.
Get their status taken away that the government allows them to have.

You take away that tax free status.. And Bam!! thats a start.. But until our own governments takes them as a threat.. Nothing will be done..

To add.. Anon only hurt themselfs by pulling childish pranks.. such as prank phone calls, fake bomb threats, and harrassing members of this "church".
Anon only served to give them strenght and a reason to belive in OP.

I have since given up on my work.. As I would be labeled an Anon.. I would freely fight them.. And show my face to them.. I do not hide behind a mask.. And granted.. I did spend some time on ATS promoting Anon.
But after Anon started going down that path.. I distanced myself from them. A ploy by CoS to taint Anon? Possible.. But at this point.. No one forces anyone to join that group. Just like they don't force people to go into a church and belive in other fairy tales and ideas..
Granted.. You ask a christian what they belive they will tell you..
You ask a member of CoS what they belive.. And they will tell you to seek out a church and pay them money..
It costs you 75$ to get your foot in the door.. I should know.. I live in clearwater.. and I went undercover to learn more about them.. I learned enough to know my life would have been in danger if I went any further.
And I will leave it at that. Fair game is still in effect..
Those who wish to research them further.. I will ask you to be very careful. They don't play around.. And in light of Anon.. They are extra paranoid...

Edit--- Adding a little proof that I am not just blowing smoke here..
Here is where such stars you speak of enter when comming to the Home Mecca.. However the red carpet will be out when stars are in town.

This pic taken before Anon started messing with them..
Try to take a pic at that point now.. You will be questioned, and followed home.. And have your picture taken.. Don't try this at home folks.. Its dangerous..

They dont like having people taking pics like this.. No sir..

And lastly.. Here is their little cult company.. Flag.. These guys don't play around.. And I mean it.. They don't play around.. Dont get caught taking pics like this.. Fair warning.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

As I understand it the voicemail in question is sent to people who are already Scientologists so it's not a tasteless drive to attract new followers, just a tasteless drive to get the existing ones to spend more money & buy more services.

And Nancy Cartwright's been a Scientologist for a long time as far as I know.

But it's quite possible that what she's doing could be considered copyright infingement. I mean she probably wouldn't be allowed to do radio ads selling toothpaste using that voice and the hooklines. This shouldn't be any different.

(Not that I really care though. Simpsons was ruined for me years ago when the show started sucking.)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Interesting that in one of the pictures in front of the church they are al weaing the same clothes (For the men at least) is there some sort of dress code?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
is there some sort of dress code?

Good question!
Yes there is a strict dress code.. Which they enforce in a way that if you don't dress like them you will be outcasted and made to feel as if you are not a part of their little click.

(Church hours only are you asked to wear such clothes, and any event.. Unless its like an outside party deal.. On your off time.. You can wear what ever you want.. And when going to an event.. You can wear street clothes.. So its not like you have to wear the uniform 24/7. Just wanted to make that clear..)

When you do what they say.. You are rewarded with much attention and much love from other members..
You see when you first join you are made to feel like you are their long lost best buddy!! You are made to feel you have been lost all your life, and now you belong! You are forced to wear such clothes.. And if you don't you are disconnected from other members until you fall in line.

You won't be able to progress in higher OT levels either.. And by the types of clothes you wear will tell others where you stand and at what level you have gained in this group.

High level OT are allowed to wear street clothes at any given time. But they prefer suits and a black shirt with a black vest.. Via the Tom cruise look.
( But have you noticed Tom? They have slowly brought him back to normal as of late.. For a while there he was really out of touch with people other than CoS folks.. But now a days.. Hollywood has done a good job bringing him back to "normal". As people started thinking twice about the man.. So he went threw a huge PR overhaul.. And now he is back in the good graces of Hollywood..)
As they have paided dues, and granted the chance to allure to others.. You must first shed your old self and become a new person. Such as CoS stars.. They are not made to wear such uniforms.. Unless you are a part of the Sea Org. Or the Freewind Navy. All those members wear the white Freewind outfits.
However Im sure the Stars.. They are not made to do such things.. As they know what they are doing.. And all the stars and famous folks who are part of this group say.." No thats not true.. I wasnt forced to do any such thing."
Well no Duh!! Thats how they manipulate and trick people.. Your dead on FredT about your post with the stars.. hence its why Im here to give you helping hand with this thread..

You will become the person they make you into.. Here are a couple videos I found that will help you understand how they function and recruit members.. Its how they get you to wear the uniform without question.

Granted like with any Faith.. CoS has some good ideas.. But the way they go about those ideas are questionable..
Like with any religion.. It has some good points.. But in CoS case, some very dark ended deadly points. That promote hate, ignorance, under the impression of enlightenment.
There are some Scientology groups that have left the main group, and do their thing in their own way.. I support these people, and wish them luck.
I would grant anyone their own desire to belive whatever they would like to belive.. I have no issue with people chosing their own given faith. But once it starts hurting others thats when I take issue with a given faith.
You will have noticed me not only speaking out aginst CoS. But also Right Wing fundamentalist christians, Extreamist muslims, and all the other extream faiths that lead to hate, ignorance, and pain.
But I will never stand in the way of any man or woman who wants to belive in a God, or Gods. Its your choice!

Edit--added vids, and a couple other thoughts.

Edit #2.. allow me to share with you what I gained from a high level OT.
This is what kind of information you will pay to get..

This knowledge is only granted to level 4 OT +

1. Life is basically a static.
Definition: A life static has no mass, no motion, no wavelength, no location in space or in time. It has the ability to postulate and to perceive.

2. The static is capable of considerations, postulates and opinions.

3. Space, energy, objects, form and time are the result of considerations made and/or agreed upon, or not, by the static and are perceived solely because the static considers that it can perceive them.

Thats only the start to what they will teach you.. But even that you must pay for with hard earned cash..
Now something like this could make sense.. But is it really worth real world money?
Should information like this not be free? Such as given freely if they really want to help you understand yourself, and this world?

I thought I would break you all off a little inside information. This was given to me after much work.. And many talks with high level OT members who trust me.

If you are kind and open minded to some CoS members, they just might give you some free information. But don't think for a moment you can just walk up to one of these folks and ask them straight out for some answers.. You will have to take your time.. Befriend them, and be very nice to them. Make them understand you are here to understand them, and wish them no harm.. Never come off like you demand anything from them.. And as I said.. Be kind like you would to any other person in this world. You can get very far with that kind of attitude.
But if you go walking up to them like your an Anon with a chip on your shoulder.. Expect to be treated like an OP.. Which is oppressive person.
CoS has all sorts of acronyms they use to speak with eachother.. Its almost code for them. If you learn the acronyms and speak to them this way. It will give them a level of trust to you. Tell them you have read the books, and you want more! I don't promote telling outright lies.. But in this case.. If you don't have time to read the text. Go ahead and lie. But watch out.. Its easy to get caught telling fibs if they ask you.. "what did you like best about Hubbards book Dynetics?"
I took the time to read the bible, and other text that I sought out to defeat. As one can not fight a battle without the knowledge. You will not be equiped to speak with them on their level. I am a student of the world and have taken the time to study all religion. CoS is not much different than other faiths. So its not fair to simply pick on them and not other faiths.. Thats why it becomes a slippery slope..

Plus let me add.. Some members of this group are good people.. They are not out right evil people who have no mind of their own.. Many of them are highly intelligent people.. So how can such smart people get so deep in such things.. Hmmm I will leave that up to the reader to figure out.

I leave you with another picture.. As I stated before.. Please don't go and try this without giving it alot of thought.. Given the Anon kick.. these guys do not take kindly to people with cameras taking pictures of their members. They have Cameras all over the place now in Clearwater.. When before they didn't.. They catch you taking pics.. You will be logged, and you will be tracked down. But they already know who I am, and I am not afraid of them.. Well to a point.. If they wanted too.. I could end up dead.. But I trust I have put myself out here enough, If I end up dead, or gone.. You all know where to look for me. Plus I have Mark Bunker on my side. He is a good friend to have when dealing with CoS.

Okay Ive done my part here.. Have a great night everyone.. I hope my knowledge helped to shed some light on an otherwise dark subject matter.
Peace
Zy5

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If nancy wants to talk to followers of her church with a bart simpson voice, who cares?

Yes there is a strict dress code.. Which they enforce in a way that if you don't dress like them you will be outcasted and made to feel as if you are not a part of their little click.

Im a scientologist and this is just a lie. People who work for the church have a uniform.Just like priests and nuns of other religions have clothes they wear when they are working. And the taking pictures of them, who likes being photographed by strangers? I think im the only scientologist on ATS so i know its my word against many.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungStalin

Im a scientologist and this is just a lie. People who work for the church have a uniform..

Are you trolling in here? I was a member too.. So you can not tell me I am telling a lie.. I was there!! Right in the Mecca of your little cult..
Did you not bother to read what I said here???

(Church hours only are you asked to wear such clothes, and any event.. Unless its like an outside party deal.. On your off time.. You can wear what ever you want.. And when going to an event.. You can wear street clothes.. So its not like you have to wear the uniform 24/7. Just wanted to make that clear..)

Good try buddy... Your methods are weak.. And a large percent of CoS members go on the attack instantly when they think they are being picked on, or picked out of the group..
Look buddy.. I know whats going on in this group.. And Im not bashing you, Or the group.. I simply want to bring some light on whats going on.

And I already know your going to run to someone and tell on me.. And try to expose me.. ITs fine.. They already know who I am so your wasting your time. Fair game will not work on me.

I think im the only scientologist on ATS so i know its my word against many.

No you are not.. Not even close.. But you are the only CoS member that I have noticed being a trouble maker on here.
News flash.. IM an X member.. And Im good friends with many members of the church on here... So your not alone.. And I was not telling a lie..
Take your trash elsewhere ignorance is not welcome here..
It has no power on ATS...

who likes being photographed by strangers?

Hmmm I don't know.. maybe most of Hollywood? Whats wrong with taking a few pics to show others how it really is..
I could sit here and type all day long.. But pictures speak a thosand words.
I never hurt anyone.. Nor did I ever jump in peoples faces and start taking photos..
But most you CoS hard core member have something to hide.. What do you have to hide.. And why you take so much offence to some harmless pictures?
I am well within my rights to be in a public area, and take pictures..

Clearwater is a beautiful City.. And CoS has some beautiful buildings.. Would you not want that shared with the world? Unless you all have something to hide?

Ive been very fair about my posts here.. And I'm not some Anon punk trying to make you guys out to be the bad guys.. Trust me all religion should get the same focus as CoS.. Im not just picking on your faith.. I am fair about it, and call everyone out!

I took the time to be a part of CoS.. And I was treated like no other church has treated me.. Sure everyone has their uniforms.. And I pointed that out.. Christians have their silly robes and stuff.. YOu guys have your clone drone uniforms.. Fair is fair..

[edit on 29-1-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
how can you say you are not bashing my

little cult

[edit on by YoungStalin]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
EDIT---Afer a little thought I decided that this post was a little off topic so I deleted what was said..I don't normally allow myself to be baited into off topic talks or remarks.
Mods... Please ignore this post... Thanks..

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well everyone has the freedom of speech. but when you start photographing people without their permission its called harassment which you do not have the right to do.

[edit on by YoungStalin]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Nice job you two to derail this thread and steer it into some stupid little shouting match with the ONLY purpose being to detract from the original story and intent.

Here's a hint guys. There's this free program called AOL Messenger that let's you argue in REAL TIME with each other - No ATS Thread Needed!

Cool, huh?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
EDIT---Afer a little thought I decided that this post was a little off topic so I deleted what was said..I don't normally allow myself to be baited into off topic talks or remarks.
Mods... Please ignore this post... Thanks.. #2
Ill just Mod myself here.. I know better than this.. And never try to outright hassle anyone or the mods here.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

point taken.
The calls Nancy made were to people who were already members of the church. So it was not to recruit or target anyone. The post of the article is misleading.
the article also said

But although Cartwright has been a practicing Scientologist since 1989, the veteran voice actress had no outward problem helping The Simpsons poke fun at her religion in the 1998 episode "The Joy of Sect," in which the family joins the cultish Movementarians, whose members ultimately aspire to live on the planet Blisstonia.

I fail to see why posting images of people going to church has anything to do with this.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Wow Nancy is a Scientologist! That may very well just sway me towards joining! It's an interesting little convo starter next time I'm watching a Simpsons re-run, but if that's what she wants that's cool, defiantly not my cup of tea... I wish those guys would keep them selves to them selves but suppose this is the world we live in - no skin off my nose (but of course I don't agree with any thing they stand for or their more than questionable tatcis)

Originally posted by FredT
lets face it are not always the brightest tools in the shed.

you called Scientoligists tools! That's brave - bet you a hundred quid you wont post your home address! - hope there isn't an undercover operative in the glorious ATS powers that be! (all hail to the Amegos... *sacrifices a gammon steak and baked potato in honor)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join