It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im having a "Dog Day Afternoon"...Help!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hi captiva,

You know, sometimes logics can be a pain because of the observer
relationship of said event, thats why the call for help.

My view on this, as my observance point is very different from
yours, is investigating what happened before, during and after,
not focusing much on the events.

A logical thinking goes on comparing this events to other people
testimonials and of course, my own strange events.

Its clear that AFTER the events, you are now a person with less
fear and way more spirituality. I can see from your posts that
you overcome doubt and fear.

I´ve been struggling (in and out) of the years with a intense
'contact' i cannot bear to remember when i was young. I wouldnt
say 'it changed my life', but the thing is: it never rested, and
so my curiosity never rested, and the path AFTER in me was slowly
but surely towards the same sense of awaken in spirituality.

You know, i like to think that the source want us to find him.
He gives, to some of us, experiences that are IMPOSSIBLE to deny,
like a nodge - "Here boy, im here. Im real. Find me."

I say go on this train. Have a ride into chakras and all.
Heck, perhaps you can even move things with the mind, like many
others are doing, right now (myself included).

Never stop questioning!

[]´s
RP

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
neurology.health-cares.net...

What causes hallucinations?

There are numerous medical and psychiatric causes of hallucinations. Some of the common causes include the following:

Drugs. Hallucinogenics such as ecstasy (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine, or MDMA), '___' (lysergic acid diethylamide, or acid), mescaline (3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine, or peyote), and psilocybin (4-phosphoryloxy-N, N-dimethyltryptamine, or mushrooms) trigger hallucinations.

Other drugs such as marijuana and PCP have hallucinatory effects. Certain prescription medications may also cause hallucinations. In addition, drug withdrawal may induce tactile and visual hallucinations; as in an alcoholic suffering from delirium tremens (DTs).

Stress. Prolonged or extreme stress can impede thought processes and trigger hallucinations.

Sleep deprivation and/or exhaustion. Physical and emotional exhaustion can induce hallucinations by blurring the line between sleep and wakefulness.

Meditation and/or sensory deprivation. When the brain lacks external stimulation to form perceptions, it may compensate by referencing the memory and form hallucinatory perceptions. This condition is commonly found in blind and deaf individuals.

Electrical or neurochemical activity in the brain. A hallucinatory sensation--usually involving touch--called an aura, often appears before, and gives warning of, a migraine. Also, auras involving smell and touch (tactile) are known to warn of the onset of an epileptic attack.

Mental illness. Up to 75% of schizophrenic patients admitted for treatment report hallucinations.

Brain damage or disease. Lesions or injuries to the brain may alter brain function and produce hallucinations.

Animals can often sense medical conditions.

Not trying to scare or insult you....not at all. Just trying to give you more options.

Very interesting.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I am not speaking any knowledge here, just personal theory. Picture two interactive reels of film, not neatly coiling but winding like dna without the connectors, allowing the two strands to create their own movement through the space allowed. Sometimes those two strands can get so close to being identical that they actually do stick to each other, and become one for a short period. This could create glitches in both "features" like the "cigarette burns" from old films. Certain pieces of the film might become part of the other without being blatantly obvious to most of the "viewers". Some might eventually see these glitches as a spirit hear a voice that came from nowhere. In theoretical fact it was someone who is from both sides of the helix but only physically there in one of them because of circumstance.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Déjà vu is actually a feeling and not memories, and so what happens is a place or event triggers a past memory that makes this new experience feel like an old one. In your case you have an event and then you think you just lived moments before.

It is hard to say if time actually skipped or if your brain is instantly creating alternate scenarios to an actual event. One thing to remember is it seems this is only affecting you, so then I would put the cause more internal than external.

As example, why doesn’t your wife look somewhat confuse in thinking as you do that you put a cup of coffee on the table for her. If both of you were having simultaneous skips in reality then it would be much easier to say it is coming from an external force.

Just remember the brain can trick your true reality into just about anything. You can walk down a street and see buildings that you just know you seen before when in fact you didn't, but when someone asks what are the 5 shops on the next street you will not be able to say, but as you pass them your brain can think it is not the first time.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for their thoughts and input. I had a beer with my neighbour today, its a good job we know each other well because I told him everything I perceived to happen regarding not only his part but everything.

After explaining things for what seemed the 10th time he said, your joking ! no your not!. I asked him if he had in fact went back into his drive and came back out and had he spoke to me twice.

He only reversed out once and is sure he only spoke to me once.

But... After asking him various questions about the time period from 8.45 till he left the drive, the following quite interesting information came to light.

He had been late for an appointment and was rushing about locking up etc.
He knew he was going to be away till noon, so had opened the back door and let his dog out. The last thing he went to do before leaving was call the dog back in. The back door was closed there was no one else in the house and their was no sign of the dog in the garden.

He found the dog lying sleeping on the living room floor, so let it out.
He thought nothing of this untill I asked him" do you think you actually let it out the first time when you thought you did? " He replied he would say for sure he had if it hadnt been for the fact that the back door was closed.

Now Im not sure if this information is worthy of mention or not and maybe Im grasping at straws for re-enforcement. I still think its worthy of noting though.

Respects

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hey captiva! Are you here today? I just read your thread for the first time and I'm curious as hell about how you're doing now. Have you had any further strange episodes?

What made me notice you today (and therefore this thread) was that you and I participated in a common thread today where you were berating Americans for not getting off their arses and doing something about their horrific predicament... a sentiment which I applaud.

So how are ya?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join