It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im having a "Dog Day Afternoon"...Help!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Ive been wondering how to put this down since this afternoon and decided that all the information would need to be listed. Im sorry as its quite some size, but I want any readers to have as full a picture as possible.

Im open minded and not easily freaked, but since yesterday I have had four experiences that I cant explain.

At approx 9.15 am yesterday I was at my car, in my drive, loading my mobile studio ready to go do a shoot ( Im a Photographer). My neighbour
who lives accross the street from me reversed his car into the road, rolled down his window and called to me. ( Hey D how are you?). I replied, " Im good mate". to which he gave me a thumbs up and drove away.

I returned to my home lifted another bag of equipment, returned to my car and was putting it in the back door. ( Max 30 seconds to get this bag and return to the car). I looked accross to see my neighbour repeating the exact same manouvre, complete with the same greeting of ( Hey D how are you?) I replied exactly as before to which he gave me a thumbs up and drove away. It never crossed my mind to say I heard you earlier and replied, and felt the situation quite surreal.

I finished the shoot and was home by 1.00pm. My wife was out so I made a coffee and went to the computer room to have a look at the photographs I had taken. I placed the card in the card reader and waited till the RAW files had loaded on my computer.

A quick glance meant that 6 or 7 of them needed deleated due to wrong exposure and I duly deleated them. At that moment my wife came in I greeted her with a " Hey, how was your morning" she replied "Ok, yours?"

At her request I made her a coffee and left it on the kitchen table, as she put shopping away and I came back to the computer only to see the files still showing on the card, so not wanting to risk losing them I decided to get the USB cable and link the camera directly to the computer. I then downloaded the photographs to a directory called " Work in progress" (My work flow is realy important).

Now things get realy weird. As Im sitting at the computer my wife comes in the front door and greetd me with "Hey I didnt expect you back so soon, you could have picked me up with these heavy bags if Id known" I said yea, sorry and told her that her coffee was on the table, she said brilliant, you saw me coming, but her coffee wasnt there !

A discussion followed that leads me to believe that iether Im needing some medication or time was repeating itself... ( I know even reading that line ,makes me cringe !) My wife explained that she had only come in once aand laughingly suggested that I was working way to hard.

Example 3. Ive had a bad head cold for a few days and Im not sleeping to well. At 3.20 am this morning I got up to use the toilet, making sure to keep as quiet as possible as my son starts work early and wakes at 4.15 am to start at 5.00. I returned to bed, was getting back under the covers when my wife wakened looked at the digital clock and said " Go make sure T was up for work, I dont hear him so he has maybe slept in" I looked at the clock and it was 3.55 !.

Now I know Im getting older but I dont need 35 minutes to Pee!! and I know it was 3.20 when I went to the toilet.

Finally.....I have 2 dogs, cocker spaniels, and one of them has developed a psychological fear of me since yesterday morning. If I go into the living room she paces round the outside of the room and wont come to me. If I leave the door open she will pace the room, then run into the kitchen. ( My wife thinks I stood on her, or gave her a fright !....rubbish).

I know this whole story sounds unbelievable, but please, its true.

I followed a thread a few months ago about time, it was interesting, but not interesting enough that I would want to have my own examples that are kind of scaring me due to their frequency.

Any input, advice (even medical) would be helpfull.

Respects

[edit on 28-1-2009 by captiva]

[edit on 28-1-2009 by captiva]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

#3 could be explained as simply misreading the clock - seeing 3.20am when it was actually 3.50am. Depending on the type of clock (digital led), they can look the same, perhaps? Also, when just waking up it easy to misread things like that.

And perhaps your wife might be right about the dog, despite what you think. *shrug* Animals can be weird.

However the other stuff bakes my noodle. Have you been taking anything strange for the cold you mentioned?

At least you're getting repeating time, instead of missing time (other than the clock). So look on the bright side; bonus there.

[edit on Jan 28th 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Yes you are probably right and actually I prefer to believe I miss-read the clock.

Medication, nope, nothing at all. My recollections are also pin sharp regarding my neighbour and wife. We discussed it, so iether its a family, neighbour conspiracy to push me over the edge ( My insurance is up to date I think
) or something weird is happening.

Thanks for your response.

Respects

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I am just repling to give this thread a bump. Sounds like you have quite an experience I am not familiar with happening. With a forum this large I hope there is someone who can help you understand what is happening.

Really best of luck to you.

On second thought,
The closest I get are situations which I know have already happened that spring back up days or weeks later as if it is for the first time, such as radio talk shows interviewing people, and other things with people I am close to such as conversations.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Very odd. I wish I could take a guess, but unfortunately, I can't. Maybe your wife and that neighbour was just kidding? That doesn't explain the rest, though.

In matters like this, it is important to go after the feeling in the gut, and what it may tell or hint.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If you're not messing with us, that is really weird.

I would recommend seeing a psychologist. As in, now. Drop everything and see a professional.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

That reminds me of the thread about celebrity`s that posters were sure had died. Only to read that they had died again !!

I need one of the quantum physics gurus I think.

Respects

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Son Of Liberty

I can assure you I am not messing with anyone. As a previous poster stated the clock could have been mis-read by me, especially as i was having a mmmmmmm weird couple of days.

Respects

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just wow! This is SO interesting... and scary for you I would think. Some friends and I were just talking about how time is moving faster. Someone mentioned that we are actually lagging behind (what has already taken place) which causes a burp in consciousness somehow - and can cause repeating.
My explanation is very poor - Sorry.

I have personally had many unusual experiences which leads me to completely believe your story - and - have spoken to many people of late that are having some serious short term memory problems - as well as unusual spasms in the body - (not at all like them). Perhaps we have been on the electromagnetic grid too long and we really are shorting out our systems - being the electrical beings that we are.
Keep a diary the next month or so - jot down anything that seems odd - psychic thoughts/feelings - dreams - etc.. And keep us posted.

Edit to say - I don't think this is mental health issue -
I think this is a physical quantum issue.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I suggest getting a digital voice recorder with 8hr recording capability or voice activated. Keep it running in your shirt/trouser pocket everyday until it happens again. If you catch the event next time it happens you'll know for sure it's not your imagination..

Your dogs reaction to you is also intriguing..

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
OK... I know this may sound rediculous. But I had an odd thought yesterday. Your story brought that thought back to light for me. What if, somehow the thing we know as life/time is somehow merging with an alternate or seperate dimension. What if the entire 2012 mystery is our dimension merging or swapping with our mirror universe? If so what happens to us in the mean time? What if spirits/ghosts are people from the other dimension that are our mirror selves? What if the two dimensions were to overlap or fuze together? What would happen to us if this happened? What if we walked out the front door tomorrow and the neighbors house was'nt across the street, but next door? Or if the shed you built last summer was something else you intended to do, but crossed it off the list because the shed took priority last summer?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Wow! you have realy thought hard about this. To be honest I dont have a clue whats going on. My best friend is a doc and Im taking him for lunch today. I will rase the last 2 days with him and get some feedback.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts, I feel less alone with the experience now.

Respects

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Good topic. I think the answer lies in something akin to what anonymous said. I've been having KILLER deja vu lately. Not just the usual "Oh hmm have I done this before?", but more like a massive frightening moment where you KNOW that this exact moment has happened innumerable times before... like you're stuck in some horrible loop.

Seek professional help? From a professional who has no personal experience with the situations you are going through? If what you are experiencing is real, yet almost nobody knows about it, in this day and age of closed shut minds... you may find yourself medicated, straightjacketed, and dumbfounded in a padded cell. Especially if it is a threat to the status quo. The more it threatens the systems of belief and control, the more indoctrinated these so-called "professionals" will be in handing you your ass on a platter, metaphorically speaking. I suggest that you figure this one out for yourself, find like minded people, keep logs of strange occurences, and prove it to yourself... because you're the only one you are acutely aware of that is living through this.

I'd suggest familiarizing yourself with a few things:

1. fractals

2. gnosis and Eastern Philosophy

3. Terrence Mckenna's "timewave" theory

The universe we know is a novelty generating machine, as is all other universes and dimensions.... and once the novelty runs out, the machine recycles and regenerates into something different. Time is not static. Each moment you experience is the culmination of all moments and all probabilities. You may be experiencing short bursts of hypersensetivity to the fractal nature of time-space. Don't let it freak you out too much, and don't let closed minded ignorance spouted so confidently by some (bless their hearts, for they know not what they do... seriously. nothing against them.) taint your inner knowing.

If you know you are a level headed person, and you are experiencing very odd things suddenly... don't automatically assume you are going crazy, and NEVER let even your closest comanions convince you of something you yourself do not truly truly know is the case.

David Wilcock...although I think he's a bit of a sell out and a showboat (but a laugh and a genuinely good guy in person)... he uses a good word to describe all of the strange things you, ! and everyone else are experiencing.... Convergence. We're meeting the source. The best thing that you can do when things get really strange is to just turn off your thoughts and accept what is happening. Don't fight it or you'll destroy yourself.

Peace, man.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
As I said earlier, had lunch with my friend who is a doctor. Turns out he is very open minded guy.

He too spoke about diffirent dimensions in time and about the many many unknown experiences and situations we can be confronted with.

His discussion, plus the support from those that have posted has been invaluable, thank you.

Respects

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Maybe you can slow down a bit, mentally, and see what you see. It sounds to me like you've got a lot on your head. You're always thinking something, planning something, even on 'down time' you're mentally organizing what's happening, what's going to happen and what should be going where. Reserve at least 20 minutes during the day to do absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. Sit on the floor, close the blinds, close your eyes, relax, and breathe. If you're finding this exercise impossible, that may be telling you something. You could use this time to just let your mind go, pray, or if you'd like to take up a slow exercise like Tai Chi or Yoga that may help as well. Chill my friend, the world will keep moving whether we do the things we do or not.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Captiva,
You really really do need to go to the doctor my friend.

I am extremely open minded and I think it is as likely you are becoming psychic, or even perceiving time in a new way, maybe to spiritual things or even outside events.

Some of your experiences are sometimes linked with abductions and the such like, also as all in the same area close to your house or in it, it could be an energy change, massive magnetic or gravitational change there that is changing it, however

however,

what you experience is also sometimes caused by chemical or organic inbalances within the brain, sometimes too by a tumour or mini stroke etc, or even an hormone inbalance.

Go to the doctor explain what has been happening, say you have had headhaches as well even if not, and feel sick like vomiting, this will stop his automatic initial thought of mental health issue until after he orders a Scan and also full bloods.

If he does not mention this say you "want and demand A full MRI/CAT scan and Bloods for hormones and chemical imbalances and precursors to anything that can cause this"

So then you will know within a couple of weeks if its medical or not, and then you can take it from there.

Hope you are well and feel better soon, and if you have managed to jump time a bit, can let us know how!

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ok, time for an update. Today has been a "perfect" day, as in, everything went to plan. I created some very good work and felt positive from the minute I awoke for no apparent reason.

The usual problems associated with living in this day and age seemed a lot less significant. Not only for me, but for most people I came in contact with. They were happy, not moaning and very smiley. This was almost certainly due to my unusually raised spirits Im sure.

For those that had concerns over health reasons for what happened, can I say that Ive not long had a complete medical (The usual insurance based medical when you are self employed and hit the big 50). The only thing of slight concern was my cholestrol level and the docs said I should just watch what Im eating for a bit.

My concerns over what happened have reduced and I was a bit dissapointed that there were no further episodes today.

Can I just say though, that something has most certainly changed in me. I would liken it to an elation/buzz and enjoyment in life.

I will continue to keep a diary for a while and see what happens. Tomorrow I am also meeting my neighbour for a beer and will have a word with him to see if he noticed anything weird about the encounter in the morning.

Respects

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Hi captiva

This thread has definitely made me curious.

I think Ian could easily be right about misreading the clock, and I could see the encounter with the neighbor being a matter of extremely detailed deja vu; but the thing with your wife's coffee is definitely odd, and maybe the dog thing too.

How is the dog today?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hello Captiva.
Glad we helped ease your thoughts. I've been thinking about this quite a bit since I read your story. I am someone who believes everything happens for a reason, but no lifetime is ever set in stone. Every decision we make alters our existance. If there is a mirror universe, maybe the other me is someone of major importance or maybe collecting cardboard for the next cold night? And i can't quite grasp the time switch. Could it be possible the route our lives have taken could create a time rift between the two dimensions? Could it be possible your two selves meshed for a moment, your other half has taken a similar route and is an equivalent of 30 minutes difference? I did read on another thread about quantum teleportation, and how they made an object travel 3 feet. But the suprising happening was that the object seemed to start the teleportation process some time before they had given the go ahead. Maybe your other half is trying to figure out which key on your laptop made the cup of coffee appear out of thin air??
Glad you posted your story Captiva. Keep us informed. -PG

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

The dog continues to be wary of me. If I go near her she moves away and paces back and forth behind the couch.

At one point she was on the couch sleeping so I sat beside her and was rubbing her head. She wakened, seemed comfortable with me being there, stayed where she was and enjoyed what I was doing.

When I stopped she jumped down and no matter how I tried I couldnt go near her without her moving away and hiding. My other dog is showing no signs of odd behaviour and when she is being petted it makes no diffirence to the dog that is avoiding me ? ( Usually giving attention to one brings the other to me)

Its got to the stage where I am questioning my deoderant and aftershave !

The dog is behaving normally with everyone else in my family.

Edit to add: The dog is also fine with strangers and their have been no further examples of time skipping. ( That is how it seemed in my mind)

Respects

[edit on 30-1-2009 by captiva]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join