It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes economic stimulus, prodded by Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

House passes economic stimulus, prodded by Obama

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – In a swift victory for President Barack Obama, the Democratic-controlled House approved a historically huge $819 billion stimulus bill Wednesday night with spending increases and tax cuts at the heart of the young administration's plan to revive a badly ailing economy.

The vote was 244-188, with Republicans unanimous in opposition despite Obama's pleas for bipartisan support.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well folks, here we have it. The House just passed the massive spending bill that is loaded with Liberal pork. These criminals are just doing their best to destroy the country economically by killing the dollar. Watch out for sky rocketing inflation and get your wheel barrel ready to carry enough green backs to buy a loaf of bread. Hard times are ahead.

Here is the bill as a pdf file for those that want to read it:

Bottom of page

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I would also like to point out that the Republicans voted against the bill. It seems they have some sense.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This stimulus bill is absolutely ridiculous, how much did ACORN get??? I'm very proud of the Republicans who wanted no part of this pork loaded so called stimulus package. The democrats couldn't even get full support for the bill. Thanks for selling out the future of America President obama. At least they cut out the part of the bill that would have given millions to upgrade malls around America.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Your signature alone lets me determine all I need to know about you.

Buck you, too.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Beat you to it...sad isn't it?
Printers running 24/7 with nothing to back it up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Just another step on the road to revolution...those poor bastards on Capitol Hill really have no idea what is in store for them...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck

Your signature alone lets me determine all I need to know about you.

Buck you, too.

Buck was not directed at you but I appreciate your comment. It tells me all I need to know about you. Back at ya poindexter!

Originally posted by lernmore
Beat you to it...sad isn't it?
Printers running 24/7 with nothing to back it up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry about that. I did a search before posting but it did not come up.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

You know, I was looking around, and I gotta say, I don't see any threads of yours about how Bush is ruining the country by pushing a stimulus package.

What's up with that? Did Rush not tell you about it?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You know, I was looking around, and I gotta say, I don't see any threads of yours about how Bush is ruining the country by pushing a stimulus package.

What's up with that? Did Rush not tell you about it?

Well for a group of scumbags that have been screaming about debt and deficit for the past 7.5 years libs sure are showing themselves to be the lying hypocrites they truly are. In fact, you libs have spent more money we don't have over the past 6 months than Bush spent over 8 years. That printing press is going to wear out soon.

Also, I don't listen to Limbaugh. I like Glenn Beck. Only an ignorant moron would make assumptions about something they know nothing about.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Won't be surprised if I get the warning for calling out your garbage, and the mods let your crap slide.

*Edit:

He got a star for that post?! Just goes to show the type of people that are taking over this board.

[edit on 1/28/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Won't be surprised if I get the warning for calling out your garbage, and the mods let your crap slide.

Nah, you are entitled to your opinion even if it is stupid. Hell, I even fought for your right to have an opinion and spew your ignorance. I would even do it again despite the fact that you are ungrateful.

BTW, I didn't put out any crap. You came in here and attacked me, remember?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You're attacking hundreds out thousands with that disgraceful signature of yours. You didn't fight for me, as you make clear with your attitude towards half of the country.

What do you care, we all do drugs.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You're attacking hundreds out thousands with that disgraceful signature of yours. You didn't fight for me, as you make clear with your attitude towards half of the country.

What do you care, we all do drugs.

That signature is directed at obama. If you are having trouble reading I would be happy to buy for you Hooked On Phonics. My 4 year old niece is doing great with it. It might help you.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

"Mammas don't let your babies grow up to be liberals, Cos they'll never leave home and they're always stoned, and spending your hard earned cash "

Enough said. Also, Obama has yet to do anything to you, so perhaps you should shut your mouth for a minute, and let him screw up first before you preach.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Oh, good Lord, you two. Leave it alone....

At least the Republicans actually did what they said they were going to do and voted "No" unanimously.

There may be some things that may stimulate the economy in this bill, but most of it does resemble a big package of pork and its by-products. If this doesn't work, and people get up in arms, the Dems have no one to blame this time but themselves.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
LiquidMirages sig says what hundreds of thousands would like to say!

Buck Ofama!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
Oh, good Lord, you two. Leave it alone....

At least the Republicans actually did what they said they were going to do and voted "No" unanimously.

There may be some things that may stimulate the economy in this bill, but most of it does resemble a big package of pork and its by-products. If this doesn't work, and people get up in arms, the Dems have no one to blame this time but themselves.

Yeah, for once the Republicans came through for me. Where the hell were they for the past 6 years or so? The amount of pork is unconscionable! The ship is sinking and the libs are bailing more water in to sink us faster.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
As mentioned, here is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join