It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear fusion-fission hybrid could contribute to carbon-free energy future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Physicists at The University of Texas at Austin have designed a new system that, when fully developed, would use fusion to eliminate most of the transuranic waste produced by nuclear power plants

"We have created a way to use fusion to relatively inexpensively destroy the waste from nuclear fission," says Mike Kotschenreuther, senior research scientist with the Institute for Fusion Studies (IFS) and Department of Physics. "Our waste destruction system, we believe, will allow nuclear power-a low carbon source of energy-to take its place in helping us combat global warming."

www.physorg.com...

well scientist come up with things I said for years but finally we they get an idea for using this form of cheap energy production.
we need it as energy is becoming more and more an basic need and this system is good alternative for bridging the gap between fision plants to fusion plants which will take some time to make because of the incentment against atomic power generation. but I am pro atomic in a sence so am bias and not neutral as for that but I like to know your views on this system .

join