It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials Used Terror Act To Get Plant Inspection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Patriot Act hard at work! Keeping Al Qaeda out of our peanut plants!

www.cbsatlanta.com...

While I see why it was urgent to find a source to the recent salmonella outbreak in our peanut products, this clearly shows how easily the government can abuse the Patriot Act.

If they don't do something about this, it's going to be a green light for using the Patriot Act in the future to go wherever they want without the checks put in place to protect the peoples rights.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wow, so Nature really has become an enemy of the USA and is terrorizing with WMD's like the flu, salmonella, and other creepy germs.

Sounds more like a normal job for the CDC.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Edit: NT, nevermind.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Ciphor]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hmmm. Looks like no one thinks this is a big issue.

Patriot act blatentley abused out in the open...anyone?

Someone already post on it? I lose at lyfe
how depressed.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Ciphor]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If there was no Georgia law that stipulates that the company has to reveal results of internal tests, then they are under no obligation to do so. The health officials should have gotten a warrant requesting the tests be turned over. The patriot act should have never came in to play unless they felt that terrorists were involved in this outbreak IMO.

As for the company, they should have cooperated to help themselves on the PR
issue.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Picture this if you will:

You're in your boat on the river and you see another boat start to sink. There are several people including children on board.

You sit, watching the people struggle and start to drown. You have the means and are able to save them but you are not the Coast Guard so you just sit and watch until the Coast Guard gets there.

Does that make good sense? Not to me it doesn't.

In some cases you use whatever you can to solve the problem. I damn sure don't want my great granddaughter getting sick because some greedy business man didn't want to loose a dollar.

It is a good thing I wasn't asked to help get those records. I would have not been kind but would have gotten what was needed.

Those responsible for selling food they knew was tainted should be punished severely.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ciphor
Hmmm. Looks like no one thinks this is a big issue.

Patriot act blatentley abused out in the open...anyone?

Someone already post on it? I lose at lyfe
how depressed.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Ciphor]

That silence you're hearing is courtesy of the current administration no longer under the watch of one of the most misunderstood men in history.

No one can claim this abuse of the Patriot Act is Bush's "evil" hard at work because now we're under the Obama watch. And God forbid we question the Obama.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm not questioning there intentions, they are good and aimed at protecting any further salmonella contamination. I'm questioning the door this opens.

And you can't hold Obama accountable for this in my opinion. He did not approve the use of the "terror act" for things such as this. He should have recognize it's miss use and do something to prevent this from happening in the future, like pass a executive order to have the patriot\terror act removed.

top topics

join