It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 another Y2k?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I ran accross this story today check it out here sare some highlights.

Just as "Y2K" and its batch of predictions about the year 2000 have become a distant memory, here comes "Twenty-twelve."

There's going to be a whole generation of people who, when they think of the Maya, think of 2012, and to me that's just criminal," said David Stuart, director of the Mesoamerica Center at the University of Texas at Austin.

"There is no serious scholar who puts any stock in the idea that the Maya said anything meaningful about 2012."

"The purveyors of doom are promoting a hoax," Morrison wrote earlier this month in response to a question from a person who expressed fear about the date.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungStalin

i didnt think y2k was that big.. someone thought the cumputers would crash or something?! was that it? thats what i remember about it. 2012 have vertually thousands of things related to it.

Alot of things WILL happen in 2012 and that alone makes it a cool and special year for me. The other weird stuff that is said to happen, i just dont know. but i realy wanna live to see if anything unusual happens.

For me, this is the last prophetic date worth waiting for... if nothing happens, then screw prophecies forever.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ofcourse, the possibility is there. But the Y2K scare thing was popping up 3 or 4 years before the actual year. 2012 was already long on his way to being known (not that big back then, long life the internet
). So in scope it is at least very much bigger. i have read about it in texts going back to 1980. So in that aspect it is huge and Y2K is just an upstart

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well the thing is if ANYTHING happens in they year 2012 it will be seen as a "sign". The predictions range from end of world to enlightenment for all. So if a country goes to war or a new religion starts up or a flood/earthquake ANYTHING will be viewed as part of this 2012 stuff. And when nothing happens people will change it to some later date saying that this ________ predicted the end and its blah blah blah. "the end is near" has been talked about forever now and im sick of it. So headlines are made everyday but the ones that happen in 2012 wil somehow be tied to this false prophecy. The end is near but never here.

PS has an actual prediction ever come true? I mean an actual prediction not one you have to decipher and run through a code while looking for an event that has already happened?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
There will be people that take nothing as 2012, there will be people that take everything for 2012 and there will be people that are honest about what 2012 was about when it came and went. It is as simple as that. We'll have to wait and see and make our own minds up that is all there is to it. Ignore it and just watch the 2012 movies for fun, dive into it to see if it holds ANY merrit or kick against it and shut your eyes for any 2012ish thing going own or going to happen. If your sick of it, don't read up about it if not, look into it. Not that hard. Most likely (imo) it won't be a rogue dwarfsun roaming about and wreaking havoc all around, it MAY be something spiritual or we MAY go into some area of space that will affect our habitat (for better or for worse), i think it will be a combination of both working in concert. This is not some wannabe prophet going on about being told it is the end of days. No GoodBlossom ( or whatever her name is) going on about it. It's deeper than that. It may be nothing but it may be something. It's always good to be prepared mentally for whatever changes are around the corner, be it cosmically, man-made or a combination of both.

top topics

join