It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling before sleep

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Last night when I was falling asleep I had this weird vision I was falling, I fealt it to. It was like falling into a dark bottomless pit, I had that feeling where you dont know how deep it is but your falling, its really weird. Anyways this happenned two times last night when I was trying to fall asleep. I dont know if any of you have experienced this but you know when your like watching tv and your drifting off and then all of a sudden you jump forward and your wide awake? It was like that, as soon as it happenned I jumped forward. Can anyone explain this?

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Ricta]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have no explaination for it, but it's happened to me before too, not just falling into a "pit", but from buildings and bridges.. it's a very scary experience to wake from.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This happens to me also... I would say 50% of the time while falling asleep.. right before I actually get to sleep, it feels like the bed is tilting 45* or so... and I jump to try to catch myself from "falling". Drives my wife nuts.... just one of those things i guess

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
ahh I was walkingt o my bed and fell and hit my head before I went to sleep. Hurt really bad.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have no explanations for it. But when i was small when sleeping i had dreams that two giant hads picked me up and dropped me back on my bed, and i felt it. Really freaky. Good thing i dont have those dreams anymore. Or maybe they werent dreams... lol

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
it's called a hypnagogic jerk.

en.wikipedia.org...

I experience it all the time, and usually wake my husband up with my legs jumping while I try to grab hold of the sheets to stop my fall.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well I feel better that other people experience it also, I guess its sort of a common thing? Oh well, it was kind of cool feeling but creepy!

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
HAHA i think its rather kewl when this happens, although it is very scary. Mine have been varios from jumping off of a building , to falling off of a bike.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
*raises hand* it happens to me too. i guess im not a total freak. (at least in that aspect, anyways)

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Wow. I have these too. It feels like my bed is being tilted as stated before. I feel like Im falling off of my bed or something and then I just wake up and it feels like I'm being thrusted forward.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
last night, i had the weirdest dream too. i was an advisor to the white house and while condoleeza rice was making a speech, i went up to her and whispered something to her. i dont know what it was but she turned back to the mic and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, we've got him." and at first, everyone in the room was confused. including me. but then, my dream quickly flashed to an image of osmam and i woke up feeling extremely happy but realized that it was just a dream.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
There is a theory that everyone's astral body projects itself everytime you go to sleep. It only projects a few feet above your body and mimicks your physical body's movements and position.

Apparently this is why just as you are falling asleep you may get the feeling you are falling and suddenly sit up in bed wide awake with a gasp. This is the precise moment your astral body is leaving your phyisical body and because you are not quite asleep yet, you get the astral projection sudden fear that is mentioned in the above posts. Automatically you sit up and the astral body is simultaneously sucked back into your physical body.

I think this theory is very convincing.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   

There is a theory that everyone's astral body projects itself everytime you go to sleep. It only projects a few feet above your body and mimicks your physical body's movements and position.

Apparently this is why just as you are falling asleep you may get the feeling you are falling and suddenly sit up in bed wide awake with a gasp. This is the precise moment your astral body is leaving your phyisical body and because you are not quite asleep yet, you get the astral projection sudden fear that is mentioned in the above posts. Automatically you sit up and the astral body is simultaneously sucked back into your physical body.

Man...I was gonna be all cool and say pretty much the same thing...dang...but well put.

SPiderj

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
yum i get those too, all of a sudden feels like im falling, then i jerk my body upwards for some reason, i wonder why it happens though?

That is a proper theory aye cargo?

lol also wierd was last night i was working out maths problems in my head.. my mind was in a state where it thought it had to do them to get to sleep, as it turns out i didnt get much sleep at all, anyone know some good techniques to relax your mind before sleep?

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by quiksilver]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
What happens to me is not dreaming that I'm falling but waking up suddenly and for that split second where I'm waking up I feel like I'm landing in bed. I don't dream a fall or feel like falling, I just wake up and feel like I'm landing from a fall from no more than a few centimeters. Scares the hell outa me every time it happens. Always happends when I just got into bed and I'm trying to go to sleep. Freaky stuff.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I had that many times as well. Sometimes the only way to fall asleep is to allow myself to fall into my dream and quite often when i wake up, im awakened by 'slamming' noises or a loud knocking. I'm not sure if this is an indication of coming out of Astral Travel or not as i've never been aware of doing it.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well its just a theory really. A proper theory has been researched and tested, but this is only something I have read about. Since it is assumed by this theory that everybody astrally projects a few feet above their body everytime they go to sleep, I dont think being aware of it is the issue as only those who have the ability to take it further, and at will, can claim to conciously project. They might be able to verify if this theory is true though.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
Sometimes the only way to fall asleep is to allow myself to fall into my dream and quite often when i wake up, im awakened by 'slamming' noises or a loud knocking.

Funny you mention that as just the other morning I was dreaming about something intense, dont know if I was falling, and when I forced myself awake I heard 3 loud knocks. But nobody was at the door and I was the only one home. They were like knocks on a large bulky door though, not your typical house door.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Thanks very much! If I only could I stay in the astral but be conscious during it

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
whenever i get the sensation of falling, i always remember dreaming right b4 it of something happening, such as triping, falling off a bike, being pushed, etc. and it always takes me so long to fall back asleep after.

(and a note to quiksilver: try listening to music or radio while trying to fall asleep. it is more monotonus than the random creaks and whatnot that are heard in the night, and it helped me fall asleep faster)

<<   2 >>

join