It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA and Homeland Security Blimps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hi all,

I recently heard that the Homeland Security has managed to create these hight altitude blimps that can scan and image through walls and the plus, it has a facial recognition scanning technology developed by DARPA.

Can anyone here guide me to a the right place for me to read up on this technology that was created by DARPA? I had even searched around the net, and they have articles on these blimps, but I want to read a detailed article on these types of facial scans and etc....

And where on DARPA's webpage would I read up on this also?

A link would be appreciated.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by infocon_delta

These links may have some info on what your looking for. It will give you a good place to start. Also I would recommend typing words like Homeland Security, Lockheed Martin, High Altitude Blimp into google. I will give you a few links below.

[url=http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell/systems/haa.htm]Here

Here

Edit to fix link

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Wethesheeple]

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Wethesheeple]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ok great. Thanks.

But the first link gives me a Not Page Found.
And the this one below:
www.norad.mil...

Does not really pertain to the blimps which Im talking about.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by infocon_delta]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

lol whatever I give up trying to fix my first post. Yeah they arent very detailed but you can get a good idea from the sites listed. Most people don't even believe this is in the works lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Read towards the bottom of the NORAD article

Potential future missions and capabilities for NORAD include using high altitude airships to defend against air, ground and maritime-based threats; and employing a full spectrum wide area surveillance capability in the air and maritime domains.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Oh wait ....I got the first one to work...You added something extra in the wenpage address...

all working now.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
i think its these, check this video:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Is there like I can read up on its technology features like the facial recognition scanning, the way people walk and move and etc.....?

That part was indeed creating by DARPA and I think the blimp itself was created by Lockheed Martin.

But I need to read the DARPA's technology project for this blimp as well which I am not able to find on the DARPA's webpage.

Thanks.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by infocon_delta]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
wouldn't hobbyists see these with there telescopes and such

could these be cause of some of these sightings???

join