It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens arrest of George Bush?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Citizens arrest of George Bush?

www.abovetopsecret.com

This relates to another thread and the threads saying that GB is a criminal because of his konwlingly allowing "torture" and this being illegal for any american citizen, including the president, under the treaty Ronald Regan signed.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This being FACT (lets assume that it is, this is up for argument) should the citizens not arrest him?

What would be a penalty of some Texans rounding him up and turning him into a local sheriff's office? WHAT IF he was found in a supermarket, someone said you are under arrest, he said no, they "took him down" and arrested him, what might go on? Could they get anything more than an assault and battery charge? He is officially not president anymore, just another citizen, so could this happen? And if yes i encourage someone to do it!

That is all.

www.abovetopsecret.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by vonholland

Just a heads up, this is in the wrong forum...

To the OP. He is still protected by Secret Service for life, so I don't see how some people can come along and try and take him in.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If you make a citizens arrest, you can be prosecuted for false arrest if in fact you didn't follow the correct procedures and/or if in fact you did a citizens arrest and there was no legal reason to arrest that person.

Any attempt to detain the former president could also be viewed as attempted kidnapping and any attempt to restrain the former president could be viewed as assault.

You'd also have to get past his secret service protection and I don't think that a single person could do that.

So if you formed a group of people to try to do the citizens arrest, you might find yourself under arrest for any and all of the above charges as well as conspiracy to commit those crimes.

Personally, I think that you'd be in jail for a long time.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Jhill...he is only protected for either 7 or 10 years now. The lifelong SS protection has been done away with. So whoever wants to arrest him, just wait..then when the contract runs out...good luck and go for it..

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Better review the statute of limitations on these alleged crimes before you go out and commit false arrest.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Oh wow, that is new to me. So, after that term they are just like us? Not even one SS for him.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If anybody would like some rounds to their heads, then be my guest and try to arrest him. The man is untouchable and you guys that feel he is guilty of such acts should calling for the impeachment of Congress for not doing something about it when it happened.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Better review the statute of limitations on these alleged crimes before you go out and commit false arrest.

I didnt say anything about going out to arrest him...So you either mis quoted the wrong person or somehow gathered that from my 2 line post???

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Someone ought to do this to Bill Clinton also for his confession to his wife and his confession on broadcast television for lying under oath, also. That's a lot stronger case.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Sorry that I misunderstood you.

Bob

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I wonder if this post is monitered by th powers that be . It would seem to me that what your talking about is frowned on . And the right to free speech is all right and good, but the man is untouchable and you taking him in or arrest him will be met with deadly force,and on top of that they are watching you now, watch out for cars following you Big brother is out there.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

impeachment of the whole congress would be harder than getting hands on bush. how would u even go about getting all of congress out?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloman Kane

respect, but my life is for the greater good. torturing me would be bad karma and God would maybe help ease the pain. I would not LIKE to be picked up but........ ya know whats going on out there as well as I. And its def not plotting against gov't, or the pres b/c hes out. But insofar the US obligation to the treaty, isn't NOT arresting him and turning him over to the UN kind of...going back on it?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vonholland

I believe they're called elections. Not to mention, any elected official is subject to recall, if enough people can be convinced to get off their butts and do it. It's a difficult process, to be sure, but it can be done.

Impeachement? You have to have evidence of wrong doing. For a recall? Enough people have to think you're stinkin' up the job. No wrongdoing required.

Just to add: As with any arrest, it's my understanding that you'd better have all your I's dotted, and T's crossed, or your in serious trouble. The police tend to frown upon people trying to do their job...

[edit on 1/28/2009 by seagull]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Who would take you seriously? All the public servants and government officials would look to you as being a crack pot. Any attempt at a citizens arrest would be laughed at and you would be committed for psychiatric evaluation.

top topics

join