It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The French government has summoned Israel's ambassador to France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The French government has summoned Israel's ambassador to France, Daniel Shek, to protest an incident at the Israel-Gaza border during which shots were fired at the French Consul to Jerusalem, a foreign ministry spokesman said Wednesday.
According to Eric Chevallier, the Consul, Alain Remy, and other European dioplomats had gone to Gaza to evaluate the situation, particularly the opening of the border crossings.
When they tried to re-enter Israel, they were blocked by Israeli authorities "for more than 6 hours," he said.The group was also subject to "two warning shots by Israeli soldiers," Chevallier said, who described the incident as "unacceptable."

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Good for the French.

Just seems almost everyone else is too cowardly to confront Israel in ANY form. At least dialogue and the demand of an explanation is a step forward.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Oh dear, they had to wait 6 hours - deary deary how awkward. Oh and 2 warning shots - brutal treatment - the beasts!

How about the people on both sides of that border who have nowhere to wait for 6 hours because their homes have been mortared to smithereens and the only warning shots they'll ever experience are the ones which lodge in their skull?

French. Pah!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by vonspurter

I see that you are not very much aware of diplomacy and diplomatic rights.

I don't know if you are American or not.
The fact is that France acted as actual chief of the security council of UN, and was accompanied with several other diplomats.

If your opinion is that Israel is allowed to act in this way with diplomats, who represent not only their own country but also the UN, then you should take a look to the Vienna convention.

Israel is already violating the international laws of war.
You admit it may shamelessly violate the Vienna convention ...
Take care. You're on a dangereous path.

"France, pahhh".
Sorry to say this, but Cambronne told the word I'd like to tell you.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by orkson

When they tried to re-enter Israel, they were blocked by Israeli authorities "for more than 6 hours," he said.The group was also subject to "two warning shots by Israeli soldiers," Chevallier said, who described the incident as "unacceptable."

Too bad.
They are darn lucky they weren’t shot out right.
Simply because they were diplomats that does not mean they are gods. Even if they had security council level clearance a nations sovereignty over rides all of that.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonspurter
Oh dear, they had to wait 6 hours - deary deary how awkward. Oh and 2 warning shots - brutal treatment - the beasts!

How about the people on both sides of that border who have nowhere to wait for 6 hours because their homes have been mortared to smithereens and the only warning shots they'll ever experience are the ones which lodge in their skull?

French. Pah!

Well at least the French are prepared to tear a strip off them, no matter how small it is - not seeing many other western govt's doing this... I think it may be symbolic token ear bashing - I'm 100% sure there are real war crimes committed by Israel. Maybe the French are leading the way on this one.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You see, anyone who actually goes to Gaza or the West Bank has an epiphany and the shame of Israel is exposed to them hence the hostility of Israeli Occupation Forces. It's like catching your neighbour in drag and messing around with shaved hamsters; he will resent you.

They know visitors and observers will see them for what they are so they'll stick the boot in by default while they have the visitors in their grip.

It was the diplomatic credentials that protected the French officials from having the warning shots lodged in their brains.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Too bad.
They are darn lucky they weren’t shot out right.
Simply because they were diplomats that does not mean they are gods. Even if they had security council level clearance a nations sovereignty over rides all of that.

maybe that is truth,
but shooting at consul will make bad situation for israelis even worse

I see this whole thing as another big fiasco for israel

[edit on 28-1-2009 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What we can expect to happen is publically Israel will promise "an investigation" (in accordance with the Mark Regev school of PR), while privately, they'll make some calls, make some extravagant threats backed up by their buddies in the Elite. Admirable of France to actually come out and actually SAY something (providing of course, this isn't a token gesture secretly OK'd by Nick 'Mossad' Sarkozy), but we can't really expect Israel to give a damn about what France has to say. We'll be lucky if they even pretend to give a damn...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Daystar

"Nick "MOSSAD" Sarkosy".

You're probably refering to the content of what is told in this article :

www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com...

Frankly, I don't know what to think of it.

What I know, obviously, is the fact that Sarkozy has jewish roots (his MOTHER what of Jewish origin).

But this doesn't make him a zionist, neither the fact that Barack HUSSEIN Obama should be a muslim monger because his father was muslim, and he was in his young age, educated in this religion.

I try to NEVER forget the difference between a JEW and a ZIONIST.

There are to-day a lot of JEWS who totally disagree with the Zionism.

It would be for me a terrible thing to discover that Sarkozy is (was) really a Mossad's agent.
I prefer to think that this was a false flag, like other manipulations pretending that other French Presidents were Soviet agents ...

I trust Sarkozy ... so far.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

You appear to be assuming rather alot about my knowledge here. While it bears repeating that Jew does not equal Zionist automatically, it would perhaps be unwise for you to assume that I am stating to the contrary, as you seem to imply.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

Shock horror, the Israeli's step over the line, bully and threaten people, only this time they are important FRENCH people, well, that makes all the difference!

It's shocking that such action is taken when a warning shot is fired, yet these leaders can quite happily sit back and watch thousands of innocent people slaughtered, injured, destroyed by Israel and say very little about it.

Spineless tossers. Just like Brown, just like Bush, just like Obama...
I actually like Obama on the whole, but he still had no spine in the Israel/Gaza aftermath.

Where's all the action over what Israel has done to thousands of people?

None of our countries even had the balls to kick out the Israeli ambassadors.

Pathetic and shameful.

The bodies of innocent civilian can fall in their thousands, but you fire at a senior figure and you'll be told off!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Agreed.

But what can WE THE PEOPLE, do, but shout as you and me, and others do ?

It's nevertheless a fact that France is one of the very rare western countries trying to enact righteously in this shamefull tragedy.

Do not forget that if USA hadn't been the ardent supporter of Israel, whatever Israel do (puting it's veto in the UN as soon as any condemnation of Israel arouses, for example), if the USA hadn't over-armed Israel on ANY occasion, with it's best armament (DIME bombs, White Phosphorus, DU, etc ...), ISRAEL couldn't as it does, shamefully smash the people which land they took...

top topics

join