It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is the MTV President!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have stated this before on other threads that Obama's fame seems to be more about being a celebrity than actual substance. Paris Hilton in a nicer suit, and no sex-tape.

This week I received "Newsweek" and "Time" Magazine and both of them once again have Obama on the cover - the question is just which one will be the first to change it's title to "The New O Magazine" first. He appears to be their cover boy of choice. The supermodel of the thinking person and liberals - two groups that aren't mutually inclusive.

But this week i also received my "Entertainment Weekly" and they have Obama on the cover???? So I opened the magazine to see what they were saying about Obama.

I quote:

"PRESIDENT ROCK STAR"

" He is bigger than Brangelina, bigger than Beyonce: How our new President has become the biggest celebrity in the world. Roll out the red, white and blue carpet for Barack Obama" by Benjamin Svetkey

Then we move on to the article from yesterday from "Vanity Fair"

"Barack Obama is the most famous living person in the history of the world. " By Deedee Myers

What does this all mean? Will his fame mean he is going to resolve our financial crisis or cut a new album?

I remember during one season of American Idol the media were saying more people voted for American Idol contestants than for the President of the USA. I guess that's when Rahm and Ari Emanuel got together bringing politics and Hollywood together in one package and created the MTV President. A man for our time - where ADHD is a way of life not a psychological condition.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Wasn't Bill Clinton deemed the first MTV president? I think Barack is being pushed to be even bigger than a rock star, he's being put on a level with MLK. I wonder what MLK would have done if he had close to a billion dollars to work with

Barack is Black (half) and gives good (scripted) speeches like one of those inspirational self improvement guys you find on Oprah , that's all there really is to him. I agree, he's a total media creation, a total distraction. I don't think it's going to work. I think they oversold Barack, expect apathy and low approval ratings in a few years if his bosses decide to manufacture more crises.

new topics

join