It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Animals more in touch with the spirit world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My dog oftern barks at stuff that is'nt there.
My cat will sit and look for hours at the wall.
I often feel they can sense things in other demensions.
Here's an article I ran across today that seems to
confirm my theory.

www.richmond.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
My animals do the same thing, they will just stare at things and sometimes it freaks me out when im falling asleep and my cat and dog are starting at the ceiling or down the hallway. I feel the same way.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
is a theory debated forever. Take a psych course and its a major topic of discussion.

Animals keep most of their wild instinctual behavior, even when domesticated. Human beings, have long not only disreguarded their natural born instinct, but have attempted to eradicate them by fighting the "natural" behavior.

In the process of "going against the grain", I believe we have lost much of our sense of intuition. Humans have replaced ancient forms of learning like meditation and deep thinking/focus on a delemma, for modern day institutions of learning.

Animals, retaining their instinctive behavior, are certainly more aware of their environment than human beings. Our brains are tuned to recognize and compute stimulus such as sounds sights and smells. Animals do not recognize many things that we do because the are "cognizant" of sublties which we are not.

If you learn to tune out much of the meaningless stimulus that occupies you day after day, you to may also experience what you feline is so interested in.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
My cat does the same thing too, just stops and stares in one direction.......

xxKrisxx - You couldn't have put it any better

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
i dont know....we have a more developed frontal lobe than any other animals which gives us really advanced decision-making power. animals DECIDE to do things spontaneously. kind of like a person who has fetal alcohol syndrome. they're frontal lobe is very similar to any other mammal except humans. that's y they do spontaneous things. if animals are more tuned to the spirit world, wouldn't retarded ppl be too?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ofcourse animals are intouch deeper than humans. This explains how animals can sense when a natural disaster is about to occur. As they tend to "freak out and go wild" so to say. Such as In ancient greece, it was told that one day all the animals went balistic. Dogs breaking their leashes and never seen again, hordes of rats all fleeing the city, Farm animals of all kinds breaking their cages etc...

Then all the sudden the next few days erupts a volcano AND a earth quake beyond proportion, since people in the ancient world never knew what an volcano was for ( either a blessing or a curse) they waited to see what would happen, and ofcourse this was their downfall.

Stories like this happens all around the world. Animals have a very strong sense that humans have long forgotten.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I only thnkg animals are more in touch with different aspects we arent because since they were born they werent conditioned and told that those things dont exist.

Your only going to be in touch with those things if you are open to it. I dont mean just saying. ok i am open to it, my mind is open. You have to open it, its hard and you might not want to do it, because I see weird and semi-scary things alot.

new topics

top topics

join