It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'stops missile deployment in Europe because of Obama'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Lemme guess ... Russia wasn't able to get their missiles up and running on time so they 'extended an olive branch' for a while to make themselves look good in the eyes of those gullible enough to believe them.

This has nothing to do with Iskander's operational readiness and everything to do with the change in leadership in the US.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Give it a few months. A year even. When they are back on schedule with deployment they will suddenly become upset at something and say they are redeploying. Even though it was the plan all along.

Ok please tell me what purpose would Iskander missiles serve in Kaliningrad if the ABM installations are scrapped? Other than for the ABM installations, there is absolutely no tactical purpose for Iskanders in Kaliningrad. There are no targets in range in Poland or the Baltics that could possibly necessitate the use of these missiles for any purpose. These systems are expensive and there are countless more important places where they can be positioned in Russia.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

(1) This has nothing to do with Iskander's operational readiness and everything to do with the change in leadership in the US. Please tell me what purpose would Iskander missiles serve in Kaliningrad if the ABM installations are scrapped?

(2) Other than for the ABM installations, there is absolutely no tactical purpose for Iskanders in Kaliningrad. There are no targets in range in Poland or the Baltics that could possibly necessitate the use of these missiles for any purpose.

(3) These systems are expensive and there are countless more important places where they can be positioned in Russia.

1) I agree. The US has been pushing back on the old USSR now the new RF, ever since 1991. We have made treaties with almost all the new countries formerly a part of the USSR and now bordering the RF. The obvious reason for the US taking up these far off alliances with people with whom we have no common culture, is simply to protect oil fields and oil pipelines.

It is entirely legitimate for the US Government (of any stripe) to protect America’s interests in oil. It’s another topic but I must remind readers that America consumes 3 gallons of oil every day, for every person. (22 mbd/304 m people). One-third for food, one-third for transportation and one-third for all the plastic products in our lives. 95% of what we touch or eat is directly connected to petroleum.

2) I have no regard for the ABM notions. I think the tests are faked or rigged or simply misrepresented. What most Americans do not know is that the ABM system uses nuclear warheads to intercept incoming missiles. In July, 1962, a 1.44 megaton US nuclear test in space, 250 miles above the mid-Pacific Ocean, called the Starfish Prime test, demonstrated to nuclear scientists that the magnitude and effects of a high altitude nuclear explosion were much larger than had been previously calculated.

Starfish Prime also made those effects known to the public by causing electrical damage in Hawaii, more than 800 miles away from the detonation point, knocking out about 300 streetlights, setting off numerous burglar alarms and damaging a telephone company microwave link. en.wikipedia.org...

3) I labor under the hope that the day will be soon upon us when neither the RF nor the US feels the need for ABM systems. That was part of the CHANGE I voted for last November. The Military Industrial Media complex will work mightily to prevent this state of affairs. The War Mongers have been in control since 1950.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join