It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools can expel students that 'seem gay', appeals court rules

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Why do I have to accept you? Or you I? There is no rule that says I have to accept you. The Bible commands that you love your neighbor, not accept or like? I've posted it a hundred times on here,,,, you can love someone deeply and sincerely that you do not like. You can like someone passionately that you do not love. I can love you and despise your lifestyle. That is possible. Loving you does not mean accepting your lifestyle.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

You don't have to accept anything. But don't complain about "what's wrong with the world" if that's the position you're going to take. You talk about others not taking responsibility, but at the same time you won't take responsibility for the intolerance in your heart.

It's very demeaning for you to ask somebody if they were abused just because they didn't want to go to a Christian school. Perhaps personal choice played a part? Perhaps the person you were grilling simply thought the teachings of the church were archaic, cruel, and unscientific?

To write somebody elses' choices off as "refusing to take responsibility" and "being what's wrong with the world" is just narrow-minded. Maybe it's time you take responsibility for your refusal to accept other people, instead of arguing semantics about whether or not some ancient book tells you to.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Maybe it's time you take a step back for a second and think for a moment. How often do you think that there is gang trouble in private schools? Hardcore drug trouble, teenage pregnancies, overall violence? Not often at all. On the average people at private schools do outstandingly better on college entrance exams than public schools. These things say alot about private schools. I went to private school from 1st to 3rd grade and in 7th as well. In my sophomore and junior years in public school I witnessed several gang fights, drug comphiscations, and actually 12 deaths due to violence. We had two teachers violently attacked and raped during school hours. We had a band teacher arrested for raping 3 teenage boys.
I never experienced any of those things in private school. I know there are exceptions to every rule, but violence and sexual immorality and drug abuse are not the rule in private school. They must be doing something right.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

Maybe it's time you take a step back for a second and think for a moment. How often do you think that there is gang trouble in private schools? Hardcore drug trouble, teenage pregnancies, overall violence? Not often at all. On the average people at private schools do outstandingly better on college entrance exams than public schools. These things say alot about private schools. I went to private school from 1st to 3rd grade and in 7th as well. In my sophomore and junior years in public school I witnessed several gang fights, drug comphiscations, and actually 12 deaths due to violence. We had two teachers violently attacked and raped during school hours. We had a band teacher arrested for raping 3 teenage boys.
I never experienced any of those things in private school. I know there are exceptions to every rule, but violence and sexual immorality and drug abuse are not the rule in private school. They must be doing something right.

I just love how you threw in "sexual immorality" with violence and drug abuse, as if they are comparable. No, you might not have experienced that at your Christian private school, but they did teach something equally as bad - intolerance. I am not going to argue with you about the public school system, because you are absolutely correct about that. Middle school and high school was comparable to a prison yard for me. Constant fights, drug addiction, premature labor, etc. But at the very least, my high school did not encourage discrimination, but encouraged equality and understanding. They even had a gay-straight alliance club at my high school. Even with all of this atrocious behavior in high school, the root source wasn't school itself, but bad parenting. There were still kids who went on to Harvard, Yale, Columbia, etc. Even with all that said, private school still has its problems. I knew plenty of kids that went to private schools who snorted coc aine and participated in other such heinous acts. And as for Christian private schools, they focus on religious indoctrination rather than on education. My mother has friends who attended religious schools as children and now they're working in an assembly line at a factory. And trust me, they're not happy.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
Its a private school...THEY dictate what and who they want there. Thats that...get over it. The school has the right to deny whoever they want. I love how its ok for gays or minorities to demand and push THEIR agenda on others...but when others want to enforce their agenda then all of a sudden its WRONG! BS...get over it. Not everyone wants your lifestyle or accepts your lifestyle...end of story.

As for the (seems) to be gay thing...lets look at it. How many "lesbians" have had boyfriends? How many "gay" men have kids and are married to women, or used to be? How many "gays" swing and sleep with both sexes? SEEMING to be gay is pretty common...I uess the more accurate description would be, TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHICH WAY YOU WANNA GO!

Bottom line...if your gay, fine. If you wanna be gay, fine. Should you be given the same rights as all of us, sure, but should PRIVATE schools be required to accept you..NOPE. Just like many of you don't accept those who can't stand your lifestyle. There is NO difference.

Right ON!!!

IF yer fifteen and you seem gay you must have not gone to church enough...
If yer seeming gay you ain't, its a choice, so as long as the gay person doesn't cough on you to much.

So if you seeming gay, but you make the choice not to make the wrong plunge ain't that what church says to do? So I's comfussed?

???????

Wait??????

I mean if don't like yer face why should yer ugly face be allowed in my restaurant?

What if rcwjs girlfriend looks like a freaky gal that I used to know that swings both ways??? If it looks like a duck.... -???????

Do I have to let his chick in my establishment?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I totally agree with some of you, it's a private school and they can make up their own rules.

You have a choice on whether or not to send your little darlings there. Yay! for freedom of choice.

It's a Christian school, so it would be stupid to send a kid of another denomination there wouldn't it?

It's probably funded by the kids tuition fees, and maybe even the christian church. That's fine.

Maybe someone will come along and sue their ass in court in the name of 'human rights', I dunno.

But would you want to send your child to such a school? I know I and a few others wouldn't.

I just think it is really sad for the (in the closet) kids who are currently being educated at such establishments, as it's not their choice they are gay, it's just the way they are, and they have to hide it from school / family so they are not ripped to shreds.

Good job we actually don't live in the times of the old testament just now eh?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Even though I'm a lesbian I agree that the laws governing a private religious establishment can not be over ruled.

In America government actions which force a group to accept members it does not desire constitutes an unconstitutional burden on this freedom of association.

But....

This school accepts non-Christians as members.Some are Jewish.And,as we all know,Jesus does not exist in the Jewish faith.So if homosexuality is un-Christian then what do they call a faith that rejects not only their Messiah,but also the teachings of the NT and Martin Luther?

Seems it may be a case of discrimination after all.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by DantesLost]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You're completely right=]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join